Options

Rolling Stone Rare Trax Vol. 86 - Bruce Springsteen Coverversionen CD w/Ed

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
edited November 2014 in The Porch
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=5744198

- Glen Hansard Feat. Eddie Vedder & Jake Clemons - Drive All Night

This was released back in June in Germany with every Rolling Stone magazine purchase.

Does anyone own this? And if so is it any different then the official CD release from Glen Hansard? http://www.amazon.com/Drive-All-Night-Glen-Hansard/dp/B00FGS1BDG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415467086&sr=8-1&keywords=Drive+All+Night

Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    I dont own the Rare Trax CD, but both releases are 8:36 long so I would guess theyre the same.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    I got this one and I am sure that it´s the official version from Glen´s CD.

Did you hear the version they played together at a festival in Portugal 2012?
    Watch it on YT - it´s a much better version - more heart and soul and both are just having fun! Ed - no both are great there - I love it ! That is what music must be: passion !
    Oh and after that I cannot understand why they made such a slow version for Glen´s record. For me it´s a little bit boring. (Don´t know the CD - maybe it fits for it)

Now I am really waiting to hear what you are thinking about it! Please let me know! :)>-
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    kce8 said:

Watch it on YT - it´s a much better version - more heart and soul and both are just having fun! Ed - no both are great there - I love it ! That is what music must be: passion !
    Oh and after that I cannot understand why they made such a slow version for Glen´s record. For me it´s a little bit boring. (Don´t know the CD - maybe it fits for it)

Now I am really waiting to hear what you are thinking about it! Please let me know! :)>-

This one? Oh I know. Love this one a lot. :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyX_TSyaZI&list=TL7h7YytI8W10

Just received the mag & CD today in the mail.

On page 16th, there's a photo of Ed swinging on one of those green lights with a little note below of their show in Wuhlheide, Germany.

Other then that, the mag goes downhill with various Jack White photo shots & Robert Plant's naked butt.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    demetrios said:

kce8 said:

This one? Oh I know. Love this one a lot. :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyX_TSyaZI&list=TL7h7YytI8W10

Just received the mag & CD today in the mail.

On page 16th, there's a photo of Ed swinging on one of those green lights with a little note below of their show in Wuhlheide, Germany.

Other then that, the mag goes downhill with various Jack White photo shots & Robert Plant's naked butt.
    Yeah this one - I love it too!
    It´s for sure the better version... :x