Options

Mike McCready's Music For Film. Vinyl Films Records 10" Clear Box Set.

Comments

• Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    MedozK said:

boyo79 said:

Amazon orders will likely get cancelled.

Yep
    Correct - unfortunately this is the norm in these types of situations.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    derbydave said:

Given the timing of this release..,
    I'm kind of surprised this is coming out on Tuesday 11/25,
    instead of Black Friday Record Store Day.
    Looks like I'll be making 2 trips to my local record shop that week now!!

Ya, me too !
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Kearn5y said:

scurtis said:

No way everyone gets their Amazon order. They will pre-order way more than they have to sell.

Not true, My amazon pre order of PJ20 vinyl didnt come through and that was on several of their sites.
    Yes, we're saying the same thing. I'm saying no way all these Amazon orders are going through if only 400 were pressed.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    edited November 2014
    I tried an amazon (Canada) order as the black version comes out before the 10c version. I guess the 10c version will be plan b. I imagine the 10c website is going to be f'd that day because everyone now knows a limited release is coming out in advance... lol.

Amazon (Canada) did come through for me on PJ20 but I was one of the first who pre-ordered it. I know people who ordered it after missed out. I only just put in my order for this so I'm at the back of the line :( Maybe Amazon.ca will get seperate stock in.

btw 400 isn't very much at all. That's not even that many copies for indie stores really :(
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    Weird thing about the Amazon orders ...

Amazon USA .. http://www.amazon.com/Music-Film-Mike-McCready/dp/B00O4CW4UO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415292309&sr=8-1&keywords=music+for+film+vinyl This title will be released on December 9, 2014.

Amazon Canada .. http://www.amazon.ca/Music-Film-Vinyl-Mike-Mccready/dp/B00O4CW4UO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415292290&sr=8-1&keywords=music+for+film+vinyl This title will be released on November 25, 2014.

Hopefully the first few orders on Amazon comes through. I pre ordered one back on October 19th. The PJ20 vinyls went though for many customers who ordered over on Amazon Canada. I know mine all did.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    after a shitty ass day this is awesome news....plus this video eases the stress too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp9ASWwIivs

Thanks Mike!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872

Wasn't the Sevens set also on Amazon at one point? And all the orders were canceled? I wonder if it will be the same with this.

Yes, and if I remember correctly amazon did the same thing with the Mad Season 10" RSD release and they were all cancelled. Although, I have a shitty memory so I could be wrong.

As Paul & some others said also, it will be a mad scramble & F5ing nightmare the day of the 10C sale.

However, it seem that once again 10C is listening to a lot of people here in the forum. All the people that disliked the randomness of things popping up in the shop (such as the latest Stone 45) are getting their wish of an announced release of an item.

Good luck to everyone who is going to try (including myself :) ) !

Side note:

I don't know all of the ins & outs of manufacturing records but why limit this to so few when we all know the demand for this will be far greater than what is being produced?
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    jason_94 said:

Wasn't the Sevens set also on Amazon at one point? And all the orders were canceled? I wonder if it will be the same with this.

Yes, and if I remember correctly amazon did the same thing with the Mad Season 10" RSD release and they were all cancelled. Although, I have a shitty memory so I could be wrong.

As Paul & some others said also, it will be a mad scramble & F5ing nightmare the day of the 10C sale.

However, it seem that once again 10C is listening to a lot of people here in the forum. All the people that disliked the randomness of things popping up in the shop (such as the latest Stone 45) are getting their wish of an announced release of an item.

Good luck to everyone who is going to try (including myself :) ) !

Side note:

I don't know all of the ins & outs of manufacturing records but why limit this to so few when we all know the demand for this will be far greater than what is being produced?
    Hey Jason :-h
    I heard you got a SPECIAL "Mystery Poster Tube" delivery a couple of days ago!!!
    Which pin did get???? =))
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I'm gonna pass on this one
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847

I'm gonna pass on this one

I think I'll probably try for the purple, but I'll pass on the black.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    ill take anything.....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Black vinyl also available for purchase over @ http://www.bullmoose.com/p/17029028/mike-mccready-music-for-film-limited-edition-of-500-units . *Available in store only $11.97
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    local store already has their allotment in (2 copies!). got to take a look and these will be numbered. "Limited Edition 00XXX", at least for the black retail copies.
  • Options
    There's a copy already up on eBay. :/ With photos. location Farmington, Connecticut, United States. Which ever record store in Farmington got a hold of this copy from Vinyl Films Records blows for selling this on eBay so early.
  • Options
    af7uk said:

What UK time do we anticipate the lavender might be released on the 10th? Incidently, i've just pre-ordered what I assume will be a black pressing from Amazon UK but am certainly quite dubious about it. Seems very odd considering there's only 400.

i reckon approx 3pm for US in the UK

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    demetrios said:

There's a copy already up on eBay. :/ With photos. location Farmington, Connecticut, United States. Which ever record store in Farmington got a hold of this copy from Vinyl Films Records blows for selling this on eBay so early.

Is it any different from the record stores taking online pre-orders? Not much.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    demetrios said:

you can put whatever location you want in your sales ad.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Some serious collector vibes in this thread
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I understand why a small record store would list it on ebay for more than msrp but it kind of feels wrong. These places are dying so they need to do what they need to do to survive but they ordered it on the premise they will sell for the listing price. Otherwise why not just completely remove the middle man and let regular people buy straight from the distributer of the record.

I preordered this from my local record store online but I highly doubt the order will get filled. If there is only 500 total made a store is maybe only going to get a few if they are lucky. Selling them online early as a store would only alienate their patrons who actually come and flip through the bins. They need that business along with whatever they are doing online. A couple places like the one on ebay now will do it but the majority will sell Tuesday morning in the shop. I'm heading down to a really large local chain store and then a little hole in the wall place right next to my work tomorrow to ask if they are getting any and will have them out Tuesday morning. Between the two I'm pretty sure I can get one.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    My order through Best Buy was just canceled for this. (I was pretty sure this would happen) Guessing my Amazon order will be canceled next...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    It is against the spirit of RSD for the store to sell these online. in fact, they have to sign a pact in order to participate saying that they will not sell these early, hold them for specific customers or auction them.
    When RSD first started I used to give my record shop a list of things I wanted. They were always good about putting these aside. a few years ago, they informed me of the new rules.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    smitalsmital Posts: 187
    edited November 2014
    It's not an official RSD release as it's not on their list. So people / shops can sell it before then (the release date is 11/24 supposedly).

There is one for like $20 on that auction site in case someone is worried they won't get a hold of a copy elsewhere.
    Post edited by smital on
  • Options
    smital said:

There is one for like $20 on that auction site in case someone is worried they won't get a hold of a copy elsewhere.

Yep. $19.95 plus $16.95 shipped to Canada. D'oh!!
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    edited November 2014
    Holy moly, I just got notification that my pre-order from Zia records has been filled and will be shipped shortly. They finally charged my card so it is a go. I gave it about a 1% chance it would actually ship. I guess I dont need to go down Tuesday morning after all.
    Post edited by Amongst the Ani on
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    lolobugg said:

It is against the spirit of RSD for the store to sell these online. in fact, they have to sign a pact in order to participate saying that they will not sell these early, hold them for specific customers or auction them.
    When RSD first started I used to give my record shop a list of things I wanted. They were always good about putting these aside. a few years ago, they informed me of the new rules.

RSD has turned into a scham. I was on vacation last year in April and missed it, was able to buy almost everything I wanted online either as a reissue or an original.

Also, without going off on a bit of a tangent, I look forward to when vinyl becomes unpopular again. I rarely go to record stores anymore cause I don't like getting bent over. Everyone is entitled to a profit, but I have seen prices in a lot of these stores go through the roof, and I'm not talking about new stuff. I know on new stuff they are at the mercy of shipping costs, the distributors etc...

I'm talking about the guy who comes in with a copy of a massively produced record like Abbey Road, record store buys it for $5 and then slaps a $20 price tag on it. I remember seeing those same ones for $10 just a few years ago. Good copies, record store makes their money, I don't mind paying a little premium to get access to stuff that would normally be hard to find (not Abbey Road but others) everyone's happy.

Now I see copies of the George Harrison All Things Must Pass for like $80, you can buy it on Discogs for half that!

Ok rant over. Deep breath.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

Holy moly, I just got notification that my pre-order from Zia records has been filled and will be shipped shortly. They finally charged my card so it is a go. I gave it about a 1% chance it would actually ship. I guess I dont need to go down Tuesday morning after all.

http://www.ziarecords.com/p/5253245/mike-mccready-music-for-film-limited-edition-of-500-units

Few hours ago they were available for purchase online. "Add to cart" button was there. No shipping outside the USA though. Now the add to cart button is gone. Replaced with "Available in store only" .. just like http://www.bullmoose.com/p/17029028/mike-mccready-music-for-film-limited-edition-of-500-units .

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    scurtis said:

lolobugg said:

RSD has turned into a scham. I was on vacation last year in April and missed it, was able to buy almost everything I wanted online either as a reissue or an original.

Also, without going off on a bit of a tangent, I look forward to when vinyl becomes unpopular again. I rarely go to record stores anymore cause I don't like getting bent over. Everyone is entitled to a profit, but I have seen prices in a lot of these stores go through the roof, and I'm not talking about new stuff. I know on new stuff they are at the mercy of shipping costs, the distributors etc...

I'm talking about the guy who comes in with a copy of a massively produced record like Abbey Road, record store buys it for $5 and then slaps a $20 price tag on it. I remember seeing those same ones for $10 just a few years ago. Good copies, record store makes their money, I don't mind paying a little premium to get access to stuff that would normally be hard to find (not Abbey Road but others) everyone's happy.

Now I see copies of the George Harrison All Things Must Pass for like $80, you can buy it on Discogs for half that!

That's why I leave the price on all the used records I buy, as I see the price for the same records 10.00+ now
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    scurtis said:

lolobugg said:

totally agree with you....
    I haven't done RSD for the last two years.
    the fun is gone for me.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2