Mike McCready's Music For Film. Vinyl Films Records 10" Clear Box Set.

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Other then Bull Moose and the first few orders placed with Acoustic Sounds, the latest online record store purchases to come through is Turntable Lab. Their email notifications are #1.

http://turntablelab.com/products/vinyl-films-records-vinyl-films-records-vinyl-6x10-box-set

edited June 2015
    This popped up today. https://sakistore.net/mailorder/product_info.php?products_id=82993 . But they are out of stock.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    edited June 2015
    Post edited by Patrick_Sea3 on
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I have access to one of the boxsets if any one is interested.
    I received a phone call from a local record shop here in Columbus last night on my way to Cleveland for the My Morning Jacket show.
    This was a store I touched base with a few months back...
    and asked the owner if it was possible to order one.
    I wanted to get my name on the list for a couple of places,
    just to be sure I was able to score one copy!!
    I already have my copy, so I don't need this one.
    I have already offered it to a few people on the boards that expressed interest in acquiring the boxset...but he is asking a little bit more than they want to pay for it!
    He is asking for $150 plus tax for the boxset...
    If anyone wants this one, I'd be happy to pick it up and ship it to you!
    IF you're interested, and would like me to grab it for you,
    PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can tell the record store owner whether I want this copy or not!!
    :rock_on:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    derbydave said:

I received a phone call from a local record shop here in Columbus last night on my way to Cleveland for the My Morning Jacket show.
    I have already offered it to a few people on the boards that expressed interest in acquiring the boxset...but he is asking a little bit more than they want to pay for it!
    PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can tell the record store owner whether I want this copy or not!!

wow, nice of them to keep it for you, and triple the price too!

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj said:

derbydave said:

wow, nice of them to keep it for you, and triple the price too!

It is higher than the retail price...
    but I know what kind of hoops he had to jump through to get this.
    I was able to get a copy for myself a few weeks ago...
    I also paid more than retail for my copy, with taxes mine was close to $80.
    Let me know if anyone is interested and wants a "Sure Thing"
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

Some folks were able to pick up all 3 box sets that were selling for $149.99 over @ discogs from Sound Stage Direct. There was another record store I contacted via Facebook that was gonna sell it for $50 but changed their mind and asked for $160 because it was selling good on eBay. These record stores & their 3x the MSRP prices. No wonder why many vinyl lovers don't shop at local record stores. It's because of shit like this. When will the bands & record companies wake the fuck up & stop distributing their products to these horrible ma & pa record stores who are flipping their product for 3x times the cost. Hell you buy something off of Amazon it's cheaper then the MSRP. Cheaper. Not greater. The price, is below the MSRP price. But you got local record stores who are selling new releases for 3x's the MSRP price, during the first week or two of release? DAMN!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    demetrios said:

Some folks were able to pick up all 3 box sets that were selling for $149.99 over @ discogs from Sound Stage Direct. There was another record store I contacted via Facebook that was gonna sell it for $50 but changed their mind and asked for $160 because it was selling good on eBay. These record stores & their 3x the MSRP prices. No wonder why many vinyl lovers don't shop at local record stores. It's because of shit like this. When will the bands & record companies wake the fuck up & stop distributing their products to these horrible ma & pa record stores who are flipping their product for 3x times the cost. Hell you buy something off of Amazon it's cheaper then the MSRP. Cheaper. Not greater. The price, is below the MSRP price. But you got local record stores who are selling new releases for 3x's the MSRP price, during the first week or two of release? DAMN!

It sucks, but it's like drugs. Who do you blame? The government for creating the black market, the manufacturers for creating the drugs, or does the blame solely lie on the dealers?

In this cause pressing limited vinyl happens all the time (especially for RSD). The small pressings drive up demand and create a financial incentive for store owners to charge more. I personally blame the label/bands for pressing small amounts and creating the environment more than I do the record store guy. Vinyl Films was a bit unique as they pressed the earlier discs before vinyl had a resurgence, but with all these other reissues. It's RSD/Bands/Small Pressings that create the ability to flip items.
  • DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    If it wasn't rare, 90% of the people wouldn't want it at all.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    Duncs said:

If it wasn't rare, 90% of the people wouldn't want it at all.

Truth!
    derbydave said:

SOLD!!

• kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Zod said:

It sucks, but it's like drugs. Who do you blame? The government for creating the black market, the manufacturers for creating the drugs, or does the blame solely lie on the dealers?

In this cause pressing limited vinyl happens all the time (especially for RSD). The small pressings drive up demand and create a financial incentive for store owners to charge more. I personally blame the label/bands for pressing small amounts and creating the environment more than I do the record store guy. Vinyl Films was a bit unique as they pressed the earlier discs before vinyl had a resurgence, but with all these other reissues. It's RSD/Bands/Small Pressings that create the ability to flip items.

I 100% blame the stores. Distributors give them the records for a price and there is a msrp they should stick by plain and simple. I compare this to new toy crazes around the holidays. If there is some super high demand all the rage toy that every parent wants to buy their kids for christmas, stores like Toys R Us don't jack the prices up 3x retail just because they know they can. they sell them for retail and some people luck out, others go home disappointed. But there is an expectation that retail stores abide by msrp. Record stores shouldn't be held to different standards just because they are a mon & pop businesses and we are talking super small quantities.

They make their money by selling things at msrp which is a good % higher than they paid for the item. Flipping is not and should not be considered acceptable from retail shops.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I have a line on 2 of these for 150 a piece + shipping, pm me, if interested.......
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    one gone.....
    Anyone looking for a Music For Film vinyl? I believe this copy is black. Sold @ Tower Records official store. http://www.tower.com/music-for-film-mike-mccready-vinyl/wapi/125608045 . Does anyone still shop @ Tower Records?
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    demetrios said:

Anyone looking for a Music For Film vinyl? I believe this copy is black. Sold @ Tower Records official store. http://www.tower.com/music-for-film-mike-mccready-vinyl/wapi/125608045 . Does anyone still shop @ Tower Records?

wayyyy overpriced, and that's just for the one record, not the set
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2015
    demetrios said:

Wow, this kinda stuff will eventually bust the market.. Do they know how bad this negatively affects their public relations.

Stuff like this is what has pushed my towards buying more CDs. I guess I will go back to vinyl when the new thing comes along and vinyl isn't the cool thing anymore.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I can't wait til hipsters make cassettes the 'it' thing again. Tapes fuckin blow!
    Does anyone live in Bellevue, Washington? They have a copy of Vinyl Films Records 10" Box Set. In store only!!

http://www.silverplatters.com/p/17587590/vinyl-films-records-10-box-vinyl-films-records-10-box-vinyl-films-records-10-box

Bellevue
    Northtowne Shopping Center (by QFC)
    2616 Bellevue Way NE
    Bellevue, WA 98004
    (425) 643-3472
    Looks like someone picked up that copy in Bellevue.

Anyone get lucky google searching for "616948919719" ? Few online stores had them up. All sold out.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    I got mine delivered to my hotel in Waikiki last week, saved $30+ on shipping and managed to fondle it on my holiday! Stoked!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    Just scored one shipped for $114.00

I didn't want to spend over $100 so I'm close to what I wanted.
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717
    i have one for trade...looking for Five Tracks From New on vinyl
    if anyone is interested
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663

if anyone is interested

you could PM Arq, a trade he may be interested in?
    pdalowsky said:

if anyone is interested

Was Jose still looking? I thought he was already hooked up with one.
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Dem records are purdy.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
    Sarah said:

Dem records are purdy.

They sure are ..

:)
  • monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    If anyone still needs one, OR to anyone who just wants to help out a GREAT cause then go check out RCKNDY's thread to benefit cancer research. There are some awesome raffle items, including one of thsee box sets that some yahoo donated and your donation could land you this awesome set! :smiley:

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/244814/please-donate-to-cancer-research-as-i-race-from-base-2-space
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,663
    demetrios said:

pdalowsky said:

if anyone is interested

Was Jose still looking? I thought he was already hooked up with one.
    oh he does, but was thinking that might help the poster that's all