Options

Crowdfunded Pearl Jam! Yes!

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Question for the OP. Forrest Hills has a strict, and I mean STRICT curfew, Is there a way around that?

Also great place for a show they just need to move the bathrooms away from the steps.

Not a bad seat in the house. Good luck.

I'm still on the fence about this (donating) but would be cool to go to.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Maybe 3000 is a little high. 1500$ and 6,000 tickets. 1500$ isn't that much money

$1500 isn't that much money?! Who are you?!

A normal person who doesn't spend money on stupid shit. You can save 1500$ in one year by shutting off your cable and high-speed Internet. You can save double that in 1 year by buying smart, cooking your own food, eating leftovers and avoiding restaurants. Drive less, buy less, buy smart, care less about money, and then 1500$ is not that much money. Particularly in relation to an amazing experience to put in your memory bank account.
    You are comparing a year's worth of behavior changes to a 3 hour concert. Sounds expensive if in order to pay for it you have to give up cable for a year.
    Yeah, really. I'm not sure basically revolving your whole life around saving cash for one Pearl Jam show seems totally reasonable. ;)
    Of course it isn't, I never meant it that way. My point was simply make smarter decisions and when something comes up, you will have the money you need, even if you make 12$ an hr.
    Never would have thought PJ fans would think turning off the idiot box was radical...weird.
    For me, turning off the TV would not be an option, does that make me less of a PJ fan?? :p
    No no! I didn't mean it like that! I just meant I had delusions of grandeur that PJ fans were a cut above...book reading, guitar playing, non-consumerist artists and free thinkers... I had my head in the clouds lol!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

Question for the OP. Forrest Hills has a strict, and I mean STRICT curfew, Is there a way around that?

Also great place for a show they just need to move the bathrooms away from the steps.

Not a bad seat in the house. Good luck.

I'm still on the fence about this (donating) but would be cool to go to.

The Who is playing there in May, I'm sure PJ could pull it off. Start at 7-7:30 or a acoustic set perhaps? :-) There are a lot of possibilities.
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189

badbrains said:

Am I considered a hater? :-?

Yeah bitch, you voted no on that party thing
    :))

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    edited November 2014
    So who is this "we" that is regularly referred to? An organization? Team? a couple guys in an apartment?

Also, what happens when everyone gets charged when it hits $100K? Where does this money go? Who is going to process refunds if/when it doesnt work out? When does that call get made? How long to process refunds? Is the % taken by Crowdsource going to also be refunded?

Am I a hater?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    BCBA said:

So who is this "we" that is regularly referred to? An organization? Team? a couple guys in an apartment?

Also, what happens when everyone gets charged when it hits $100K? Where does this money go? Who is going to process refunds if/when it doesnt work out? When does that call get made? How long to process refunds? Is the % taken by Crowdsource going to also be refunded?

Am I a hater?

nah, you're just asking the tough questions that have gone unanswered so far and will probably remain unanswered.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    BCBA said:

Am I a hater?

Nope, you're someone with healthy skepticism and (*gasp!*) a sense of reason.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    BCBA said:

Am I a hater?

Your questions are not deemed 'constructive' and therefore go unanswered.
    (Oh and that makes you a hater as well, lol!)

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BCBA said:

Am I a hater?

We are just fans, yes in an apartment. The money stays with Tilt who have done campaigns for Microsoft and the Foos. Tilt processes refunds. Everything is refunded if a no or we don't reach a goal. Hope his we'll help you decide to support us or not.
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    No cable!?!? But my stories!!!!

This is an especially funny thought to me since I just spent $50 for a year's access to iplayer lol

I will agree about the food spending. I'm in the habit of ordering breakfast these days because I can't figure out how to make coffee until I've had a cup of coffee. I blame grub hub and their damn 'order again' feature for this. And also the pain meds I'm taking :)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Maybe 3000 is a little high. 1500$ and 6,000 tickets. 1500$ isn't that much money

$1500 isn't that much money?! Who are you?!

A normal person who doesn't spend money on stupid shit. You can save 1500$ in one year by shutting off your cable and high-speed Internet. You can save double that in 1 year by buying smart, cooking your own food, eating leftovers and avoiding restaurants. Drive less, buy less, buy smart, care less about money, and then 1500$ is not that much money. Particularly in relation to an amazing experience to put in your memory bank account.
    You are comparing a year's worth of behavior changes to a 3 hour concert. Sounds expensive if in order to pay for it you have to give up cable for a year.
    Yeah, really. I'm not sure basically revolving your whole life around saving cash for one Pearl Jam show seems totally reasonable. ;)
    Of course it isn't, I never meant it that way. My point was simply make smarter decisions and when something comes up, you will have the money you need, even if you make 12$ an hr.
    Never would have thought PJ fans would think turning off the idiot box was radical...weird.
    For me, turning off the TV would not be an option, does that make me less of a PJ fan?? :p
    No no! I didn't mean it like that! I just meant I had delusions of grandeur that PJ fans were a cut above...book reading, guitar playing, non-consumerist artists and free thinkers... I had my head in the clouds lol!
    I love chick lit too, i'm a lost cause :)
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,920
    This thread is done. Please see the Posting Guidelines especially #1 and #11.
    Thank you,
    Admin
This discussion has been closed.