Options

Crowdfunded Pearl Jam! Yes!

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    edited November 2014

People need to stop these are just ideas that have not come to fruition at all ...

Just stop? You sound like you don't want this to continue. Like perhaps you don't want more information to come out.

Hmmnn.....looks like we found out who the "Don't you know who I am?" person is! :))
    No we didn't. Not a snowball's chance in hell it is Jose.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

People need to stop these are just ideas that have not come to fruition at all ...

Just stop? You sound like you don't want this to continue. Like perhaps you don't want more information to come out.

Hmmnn.....looks like we found out who the "Don't you know who I am?" person is! :))
    Me boy have you got the wrong guy i could care less about the rail or any of this crap i attended three shows in 2013 both brooklyn reserved & hartford GA and did one of the Bridge shows as a matter of fact i wasted my 2nd bridge ticket i bailed on the show .....I'm done
    10000000% WASNT Jose, or I wouldn't be going to jack white with him if it was!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited November 2014
    I think bootlegger was kidding.
    [-O<
    :D

edit - and I'm envious of you both going to see the man, BB!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539

Me boy have you got the wrong guy i could care less about the rail or any of this crap i attended three shows in 2013 both brooklyn reserved & hartford GA and did one of the Bridge shows as a matter of fact i wasted my 2nd bridge ticket i bailed on the show .....I'm done
    Yeah, I was kidding. Hence the laughing smiley face.

I also bought two bridge school tickets and had to bail.
  • Options
    PEARL JAM CROWDFUND PROMO VIDEO! OUT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4id-RZkWXs
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    You call that a video??? Bushleague.

Sorry, I didn't watch it. It is just more entertaining around here when people are ripping on each other.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    rgambs said:

Maybe 3000 is a little high. 1500$ and 6,000 tickets. 1500$ isn't that much money

$1500 isn't that much money?! Who are you?!

• Options
    Haters gone tonight!
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Am I considered a hater? :-?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited November 2014
    I don't think you're a hater...

Some people will call anyone a hater. All they need is to have someone not agree with them!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Still looking for people to help crowdfund my band's next record. Maybe that's something everyone can agree on? :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    This is more like it! :))

I do have a serious question: What is the motivation for this crowdfunding project in New York?

Is it to get the band to New York? Well, they were there and all over the east coast in 2013. Is it to get them to play shows? Well, they have shown they'll probably play 30 or so shows a year for the most part. Is it to play that particular venue? It doesn't sound like the venue is all that special. So that leaves what reason? The novelty of a crowdsourced show and being the ones to organize it?

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't think you're a hater...

Some people will call anyone a hater. All they need is to have someone not agree with them!

There ya go, BB!

And much agreed, Ms. Soul.
  • Options
    I'm a hater.
    I have no problem admitting the hate I have for some.

:)>-
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

rgambs said:

Maybe 3000 is a little high. 1500$ and 6,000 tickets. 1500$ isn't that much money

A normal person who doesn't spend money on stupid shit. You can save 1500$ in one year by shutting off your cable and high-speed Internet. You can save double that in 1 year by buying smart, cooking your own food, eating leftovers and avoiding restaurants. Drive less, buy less, buy smart, care less about money, and then 1500$ is not that much money. Particularly in relation to an amazing experience to put in your memory bank account.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Honestly, I wish the people trying to put this NY show together the best of luck.

• Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

A normal person who doesn't spend money on stupid shit. You can save 1500$ in one year by shutting off your cable and high-speed Internet. You can save double that in 1 year by buying smart, cooking your own food, eating leftovers and avoiding restaurants. Drive less, buy less, buy smart, care less about money, and then 1500$ is not that much money. Particularly in relation to an amazing experience to put in your memory bank account.
    You are comparing a year's worth of behavior changes to a 3 hour concert. Sounds expensive if in order to pay for it you have to give up cable for a year.
  • Options

I'm a hater.
    I have no problem admitting the hate I have for some.

:)>-

Emoticon aside, big difference between having hate for some (for me, the justifiable kind), and being a hater.

Former is normal shit, latter is about generally being an asshole.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Spending $1500 for a concert ticket is stupid SHIT.

:))
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    I think this was something that started out as a good genuine idea and now it has gone a little overboard. Since the formation of the band it has been about one thing the music. We must not forget that. I would see them anywhere I can and sit wherever I can get seats. The rail would be great, wish list parties are great, forest hill would probably be great, the gorge would be great. Why are all these things great.....the music. No point just remember why we as fans and why we as 10c exist.
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    edited November 2014

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I wouldn't do it at this point, but cheers to anyone willing to make smart sacrifices for what they want.

Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    hedonist said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

I wouldn't do it at this point, but cheers to anyone willing to make smart sacrifices for what they want.

Agree.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    i saw something about crowdfunding a show on facebook and it got sketchy after the thread went on for awhile.

i'm no hater, but the whole idea of crowdfunding a concert is just ridiculous to me.

if people have so much money burning a hole in their pocket, why not donate it to organizations that can use it, instead of your own entertainment??

just my thought on the matter.

best of luck though. i hope you get it.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

i saw something about crowdfunding a show on facebook and it got sketchy after the thread went on for awhile.

i'm no hater, but the whole idea of crowdfunding a concert is just ridiculous to me.

if people have so much money burning a hole in their pocket, why not donate it to organizations that can use it, instead of your own entertainment??

just my thought on the matter.

best of luck though. i hope you get it.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that in general, and this one sure rubbed me the wrong way.

Still, someone earns their own money, it's not one iota of my business to dictate how they spend it. (plus, some donate regularly or even not, but without fanfare).
  • Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

You are comparing a year's worth of behavior changes to a 3 hour concert. Sounds expensive if in order to pay for it you have to give up cable for a year.
    It isn't much of a sacrifice if you aren't into SHIT programming!

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

It's for charity though, i can see PJ for 80$ like anyone else, but to be part of a charitable event like that would be special.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Yeah, really. I'm not sure basically revolving your whole life around saving cash for one Pearl Jam show seems totally reasonable. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Yeah, really. I'm not sure basically revolving your whole life around saving cash for one Pearl Jam show seems totally reasonable. ;)
    No kidding. Although I do not pay for cable. Just the free digital channels over the airwaves for this guy.

But how do people find time to organize the crowdfunding anyway? That's awesome that there is time for that.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    badbrains said:

Am I considered a hater? :-?

Yeah bitch, you voted no on that party thing
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Of course it isn't, I never meant it that way. My point was simply make smarter decisions and when something comes up, you will have the money you need, even if you make 12$ an hr.
    Never would have thought PJ fans would think turning off the idiot box was radical...weird.
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

Of course it isn't, I never meant it that way. My point was simply make smarter decisions and when something comes up, you will have the money you need, even if you make 12$ an hr.
    Never would have thought PJ fans would think turning off the idiot box was radical...weird.
    For me, turning off the TV would not be an option, does that make me less of a PJ fan?? :p
This discussion has been closed.