Options

The Day Israel Attacked America

gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
not sure if anybody saw this. it was posted on youtube yesterday, and i thought everyone here needed to watch it.

49 minutes and 29 seconds that should infuriate every single american.

Israel knowingly attacked the USS Liberty killing dozens of american sailors, and nothing was done about it. it was covered up. lbj was more concerned about politics and losing support from jewish voters. the worst part, the most insulting part, is the settlement that was reached. israel paid out very little in compensation to the families. widows received $25,000, and $10,000 for each child over age 5. kids under the age of 5 received $0, because they are too young to understand the event and experience shock and grief.

George Ball, the us undersecretary of state at the time, noted "it seemed clear to the israelis that, as american leaders did not have the courage to punish them for the blatant murder of american citizens, they would let them get away with anything." and they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JRgXie2teo
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

not sure if anybody saw this. it was posted on youtube yesterday, and i thought everyone here needed to watch it.

49 minutes and 29 seconds that should infuriate every single american.

Israel knowingly attacked the USS Liberty killing dozens of american sailors, and nothing was done about it. it was covered up. lbj was more concerned about politics and losing support from jewish voters. the worst part, the most insulting part, is the settlement that was reached. israel paid out very little in compensation to the families. widows received $25,000, and $10,000 for each child over age 5. kids under the age of 5 received $0, because they are too young to understand the event and experience shock and grief.

George Ball, the us undersecretary of state at the time, noted "it seemed clear to the israelis that, as american leaders did not have the courage to punish them for the blatant murder of american citizens, they would let them get away with anything." and they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JRgXie2teo

And ironically it was a Russian sub that came to make sure the attack wasn't completely successful. Yes America, the Russians came to the aid of our soldiers and made sure there was no more casualties cuz our own leader ordered a "stand down" order. Thanks Rod for reminding us.
  • Options
    Ruthless- even shooting the lifeboats.

They clearly knew it was an American ship. They clearly didn't give a shit.

When the US fighter jets mobilized in response to the attack... Israel quickly put on their game face and communicated the message that they had made a 'terrible mistake' (prompting orders to have the jets return). So... if I followed correctly... they initiated a deadly fight with a defenceless, unsuspecting, and 'friendly' (allied) vessel, gleefully inflicted their attack, and then scurried away the moment they were threatened.

When LBJ began to leak details of the event... Israel threatened LBJ with gross anti-Semitism which, as gimmie said, would have sabotaged his political career... and... the cover-up commenced. Yet another case of a self-serving leader of a country.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Israel = Pimp
    USA = Whore
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    LBJ was one of the first major US Israeli whores. JFK didn't bow down to Israel and we know what happened to his head. LBJ takes over and look what happens with Israel.
    1964 first nuclear test
    99% of "Aid" to Israel from 1965 forward
    Aid to Israel 1964 $41M, 1965 $71M, 1966 $130M
    Israel becomes the dominant force in middle east...I'm sure most on here already know this and I'm sure it's all just coincidence.
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,614
    There are no coincidences where the Zionists are concerned . . .
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

When the US fighter jets mobilized in response to the attack... Israel quickly put on their game face and communicated the message that they had made a 'terrible mistake' (prompting orders to have the jets return). So... if I followed correctly... they initiated a deadly fight with a defenceless, unsuspecting, and 'friendly' (allied) vessel, gleefully inflicted their attack, and then scurried away the moment they were threatened.

When LBJ began to leak details of the event... Israel threatened LBJ with gross anti-Semitism which, as gimmie said, would have sabotaged his political career... and... the cover-up commenced. Yet another case of a self-serving leader of a country.

I'm not so sure getting labeled as anti-semite would really hurt your political career in the 60's. Might be considered a feather in your cap at the time.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I'm not so sure getting labeled as anti-semite would really hurt your political career in the 60's. Might be considered a feather in your cap at the time.
    To some degree... you are right. But Jewish financial support for campaign funding was considered critical for reelection.
  • Options
    Senator J. William Fulbright told CBS Face the Nation on April 15, 1973, “Israel controls the U.S. Senate. The Senate is subservient, much too much; we should be more concerned about U.S. interests rather than doing the bidding of Israel. The great majority of the Senate of the U.S. – somewhere around 80% – is completely in support of Israel; anything Israel wants, Israel gets. This has been demonstrated time and again, and this has made [foreign policy] difficult for our government.”
  • Options
    Testimony to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1963, Fulbright claimed five million tax-deductible dollars from philanthropic Americans was sent to Israel and then recycled back to the U.S. for distribution to organizations seeking to influence public opinion in favor of Israel. This statement led to friction with organized pro-Israeli groups in the U.S.
  • Options
    Fulbright left the Senate in 1974, after being defeated in the Democratic primary by then-Governor Dale Bumpers. Bumpers, supported by pro-Israel funding, won by a landslide.
  • Options
    They dare to speak out-this book is great, does a lot of explaining about aipac and the power they have in our government. A must read.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    edited November 2014
    badbrains said:

They dare to speak out-this book is great, does a lot of explaining about aipac and the power they have in our government. A must read.

by Paul Findley. Will watch for it- thanks, bb.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

badbrains said:

Thanks brian, my fucktard ass forgot to include the author! Hahaha
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,700
    badbrains said:

brianlux said:

badbrains said:

Its the bookmonger in him. He cant help it. ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

badbrains said:

brianlux said:

badbrains said:

Hahahaha, but it is a great book full of information.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    badbrains said:

mickeyrat said:

badbrains said:

brianlux said:

badbrains said:

Hahahaha, but it is a great book full of information.
    Flat out obsessive compulsive addict is more like it. :))

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,614
    Yup, the Jews control America. There are these elders, see . . .
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    yosi said:

Yup, the Jews control America. There are these elders, see . . .

Yes, we KNOW that already. And guess what, so does the world and slowly the Americans are starting to realize it to. The time will come no doubt when Israel will go to far for even America to defend it. Will it be to late, we'll see.
  • Options
    the bottom line, as pathetic as it sounds, is that americans are a bunch of sheep. too lazy to read up and research things on their own. too self centered to worry about those half a world away. this video could be shown one night in place of "dancing with the stars" and people would change the channel rather than attempt to learn something.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options

the bottom line, as pathetic as it sounds, is that americans are a bunch of sheep. too lazy to read up and research things on their own. too self centered to worry about those half a world away. this video could be shown one night in place of "dancing with the stars" and people would change the channel rather than attempt to learn something.

Rod, imagine if they showed that video in school. Or forced everyone to watch it. What would be the Americans attitude towards Israel be?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Rod, imagine if they showed that video in school. Or forced everyone to watch it. What would be the Americans attitude towards Israel be?
    ambivalence, because their parents tell the kids that israel is our friend and we have to help our friend at all costs.

plus, public schools don't have the balls to deviate from curriculum too much these days. some states want to teach fucking creationism in science class...

• Options
    This might be my pessimism speaking, but what does greater awareness amount to?

The current structures demand that the people who hold high places serve as the catalysts for change. To my way of thinking, the age of the selfless leaders are gone and in its place... are individuals who lie, cheat, and manipulate to gain power- only to serve themselves and those that helped them gain their position of privilege.

I guess I'm saying those in power sneer at the voice of reason unless it is one they wish to hear.

One can say you have your vote and that makes a difference... but in reality... more often than not... that vote is one that demands you choose between Hitler and Satan.
  • Options
    There you go again with a holocaust reference. Try Pol Pot and Satan. Or Stalin and satan. Change it up a bit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

There you go again with a holocaust reference. Try Pol Pot and Satan. Or Stalin and satan. Change it up a bit.

I wasn't thinking on that one.

How about Charles Manson and Satan (no offence to hippies or White Album fans)?
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

Scale too small. Difference in serial killong and mass murder.

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    The US seems to be under the delusion that thy enemy of thy enemy is thy friend and that clearly is not the case. It appears to me that the greatest threat to any US intervention in the middle east has been and always will be the israeli govt. Unfortunately for Washington the israeli govt know exsctly how to play them and until the US govt grow some balls the situation will never change.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    A politician cares only about one thing....re-election.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JC29856 said:

That being the case I think we need to figure out a way to get rid of them alll.. cause clearly democracy in its present form isnt working... if it ever did.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

JC29856 said:

That being the case I think we need to figure out a way to get rid of them alll.. cause clearly democracy in its present form isnt working... if it ever did.
    Beats feudalism.

I'm not sure any form of government works well on a macro scale for an extended period of time. Based on the other options on the table, I'll stick with it.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

Scale too small. Difference in serial killong and mass murder.
    Both really greasy choices though.