Force Of Nature is one hell of a song!

2»

Comments

• amazing. and i use it to teach alliteration in my lang arts class...SSSSomewhere thereSSS a SSSIren SSSinging a SSSong only he hearSSSS.

so, it's not just great, but educational, too

Funny you mentioned alliteration. In grade eight I remember my teacher using the lyric "On a Freshly Fallen Silent Shroud of Snow"

It was later we were told it was a lyric from The Song I am a Rock by Simon and Garfunkel. I always think of that line when I hear the word alliteration.

And I agree with the OP.

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

JWPearl said:

just_one said:

anyone agrees? Amazing lyrics!!

For me it´s the best song on backspacer and its a shame the band doesnt play it :(

would love to hear it live someday...

are you crazy ? never gonna happen
    Should I be an asshole and say I've seen this live 3 out of the 11 times played? Those stats get me in the hall of fame you know? Ya, I'm that guy.
    What a joke! Hall of fame? The fuck outta here!
    What an asshole! =))
  • Not only is Force of Nature my favorite song off Backspacer, but it is my favorite PJ song!! I will never give up hope of hearing it live!!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Great fucking song it's perfect !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Yes, it is perfect. I love hearing it live. I got shit is excellent. They should play it,,,,, oh wait, you said force of nature? Hmmmm yeaaaaaa, can do without that one.....
  • Yes, it is perfect. I love hearing it live. I got shit is excellent. They should play it,,,,, oh wait, you said force of nature? Hmmmm yeaaaaaa, can do without that one.....

What post were you reading when you posted this comment?
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    just_one said:

For me it´s the best song on backspacer and its a shame the band doesnt play it :(

This
    +2
    My favorite song from backspacer

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    Easily the best song on backspacer and in my opinion the most underrated PJ song
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • just_one said:

This
    +2
    My favorite song from backspacer

It's about time this song is gaining traction.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    this song is great. it feels like the first truly catchy PJ song since Vitalogy. To me it's pretty the centerpiece of Backspacer.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    edited November 2014
  • TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 534
    I love Force of Nature! Ended up being my favorite Backspacer song. Seems like it would be a pretty easy one to rock out live. I had a great moment listening to it on a road trip during a lightning storm in this amazing rocky landscape... played it twice. loud.
    Your light made us stars
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Seems like the kind of song that could easily be turned into an extended jam when played live.
  • cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Love the song, lyrically and musically, never seen it live but you never though.