Options

Anyway I was up in the Space Needle

i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
So while I was up there earlier today I got thinking about Kim Neely's book and how it was Mentioned about Eddie climbing out and grabbing a Light Bulb...True story or Folklore...Good view from up there by the way.

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    was in seattle a few weeks ago and passed because of the price. went to the emp instead.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,163
    ComeToTX said:

was in seattle a few weeks ago and passed because of the price. went to the emp instead.

I've been to Seattle tonne's of times and everytime someone talks about going up there we see the price and change our minds..... one day... one day...
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    I'm curious - how much is it?
  • Options
    glorified Kglorified K Posts: 66
    edited October 2014
    My wife and I had lunch which obviously included access to the top as well. It was decent but overpriced food, but was a much more cost effective way to go up- I think it ended up being $30 per instead of about $20 per just for the observation deck.
    Post edited by glorified K on
  • Options
    RoccoT.....312RoccoT.....312 Chicago Posts: 165
    my girlfriend and I went to Seattle in August and went to the top of the Space Needle which is alright but for the price it's kind of a ripoff you can only look at the city for so long before you need to get on your way and do other things, plus your view is obstructed from taking photos because of the wires around it. I live in Chicago and to go to the top of the Sears Tower is only $10 and that's the country's tallest building. and as for the EMP Music Museum that is a real rip off they only had two exhibits there Nirvana and and jimmi hendrix the rest was a little bit of various artists nothing for pearl jam or any other seattle bands like heart, alice in chains, soundgarden and so on .... save your self some money if you decide to go and just take one of the stickers off the emp pole by the door and walk on through thats all you need.
    as for Seattle I loved it. Pikes Place Market is awesome, ferris wheel was awesome, the stadiums were great expect the white sox losing to the mariners lol. Went for breakfast and music at easy st. Records which is a most do if you are reading this. oh and last but not least its legal there, its everywhere!! I went on the weed bus that was awesome!!!
    Alpine Valley, PJ20 9-3-2011
    RNDM: Lincoln Hall, 11-13-2012
    Wrigley Field, An Evening with Pearl Jam 7-19-2013
    BMO Harris Bradley Center, 2014 Fall Tour 10-20-2014
    RNDM: Double Door, 3-15-2016

th_chicagobanner.jpg
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

Yeah it is a bit Pricey...But you know being a Tourist I thought I had to do the Touristy thing lol...I haven't been into the EMP yet although I did walk around it :)
  • Options

my girlfriend and I went to Seattle in August and went to the top of the Space Needle which is alright but for the price it's kind of a ripoff you can only look at the city for so long before you need to get on your way and do other things, plus your view is obstructed from taking photos because of the wires around it. I live in Chicago and to go to the top of the Sears Tower is only $10 and that's the country's tallest building. and as for the EMP Music Museum that is a real rip off they only had two exhibits there Nirvana and and jimmi hendrix the rest was a little bit of various artists nothing for pearl jam or any other seattle bands like heart, alice in chains, soundgarden and so on .... save your self some money if you decide to go and just take one of the stickers off the emp pole by the door and walk on through thats all you need.
    as for Seattle I loved it. Pikes Place Market is awesome, ferris wheel was awesome, the stadiums were great expect the white sox losing to the mariners lol. Went for breakfast and music at easy st. Records which is a most do if you are reading this. oh and last but not least its legal there, its everywhere!! I went on the weed bus that was awesome!!!

Hi Rocco...Yeah I know what you mean but like I said previously the Space Needle is a bit pricey but it's a Touristy thing so I thought it's something I had to do...there is the Sky Observatory which is cheaper and higher up...I won't be able to check out Safeco this time around but next time I'm in Seattle I'll put it on the list who knows it may even be Baseball season still lol

Getting back to Ed I'm still wondering whether it's Fact or Fiction that he climbed out and grabbed those bulbs from the top of the Space Needle...having been up there it fascinates me how he would of done it...either way it makes a great story.
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:

So while I was up there earlier today I got thinking about Kim Neely's book and how it was Mentioned about Eddie climbing out and grabbing a Light Bulb...True story or Folklore...Good view from up there by the way.

I think Eddie was playing with her head a bit. He probably swiped that bulb from the supply closet!