Options

Yet another school shooting. Washington state

Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
edited October 2014 in A Moving Train
Details are still sketchy. I'm hearing at least one dead. Several injured.
Post edited by Last-12-Exit on

Comments

• Options
    CNN is reporting up to 6 students shot. Student gunman who shot and killed himself on scene.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Damn.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Oh my. Wow. Unreal
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    He must have missed the gun free zone sign.
  • Options
    There are no real details or facts coming from Fox or CNN right now. I believe this is at a hugh school near or in Marysville, Washington.
  • Options

There are no real details or facts coming from Fox or CNN right now. I believe this is at a hugh school near or in Marysville, Washington.

Correct. I've heard on msnbc that the shooter was a popular kid at school who seemed to be happy and nothing. Although one of the kids said he got into a fight with another kid the other day over racism. Who knows.
  • Options
    Columbine all over again. Wow
  • Options
    He had a "blank stare" on his face as he was shooting. "Good kid" "always nice"
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Second person confirmed dead. Unknown if student or teacher at this time. This type of thing makes me sick.
  • Options
    unsung said:

How about waiting till the blood dries?

Haven't read what has happened, but brutal for certain.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,778

unsung said:

if a student in HS has access to a gun then that means the "responsible legal gun owner" wasnt so responsible, no doesn't it. Fuck al lif it was his parent, that parent should be charged and convicted of murder.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

Why? The President doesn't.

Sorry if I prefer to protect our children with trained and armed personal instead of a sign with some words on it that has never stopped a bad guy.

Truth hurts. Gun free zones kill.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    that isn't right, mickeyrat
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Sorry if I prefer to protect our children with trained and armed personal instead of a sign with some words on it that has never stopped a bad guy.

What an asinine argument.

The answer to 16,000 gun deaths and 4-5 national tragedies every year is more guns. Brilliant.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

Such an intelligent, comprehensive, and compassionate response as usual Unsung.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Yes, let's institutionalize the school even more like prisons than they already are. Armed guards, uniforms, locked doors, RFIDs. Sounds like a great environment for learning. Sounds a lot more like North Korea than North America.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    I highly doubt an armed security guard would have prevented one bullet from being fired. He stood up in the cafeteria and started shooting. (Allegedly)
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    horrible and so sad. send your kids to school and this happens.

and not yet the time for the comment...but i do agree with mickeyrat
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327

I highly doubt an armed security guard would have prevented one bullet from being fired. He stood up in the cafeteria and started shooting. (Allegedly)

no no no don't you know the only way you can prevent a school shooting is having 100 armed security at every school?
  • Options
    fife said:

no no no don't you know the only way you can prevent a school shooting is having 100 armed security at every school?
    And they must all be carrying AR-14s
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327

fife said:

And they must all be carrying AR-14s
    damm right, its the only way to protect the children and don't you want to protect your kids?

Please will someone think of the children!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited October 2014
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Yes, let's institutionalize the school even more like prisons than they already are. Armed guards, uniforms, locked doors, RFIDs. Sounds like a great environment for learning. Sounds a lot more like North Korea than North America.
    Totally agree. Kids will all end up being fucked in the head (even more than they already are) if schools turn into that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    chadwick said:

so you dont think the owner of a weapon that's used in a crime such as this shouldnt be held accountable? If that kid was driving his parents car and plowed into a crowd wouldnt they bear some responsibility? Whats different?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Most schools are already underfunded and are forced to cut educational programs or certain sports teams due to budget cuts. SOOOOOO lets add in the cost for armed security and the training and liability insurance that goes with it. Oh but we can never raise taxes.

Lets come up with REAL ideas to prevent these tragedies and not armed guards or armed teachers which will NEVER happen.
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    This shit just went down and already some people are jumping the gun (honestly, no pun intended).

Does anyone know more or have deeper insight beyond what's been initially reported?
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    edited October 2014

A student at Washington state's Marysville-Pilchuck High School walked into the school's cafeteria, went up to a table with students, "came up from behind ... and fired about six bullets into the backs of them," witness Jordan Luton told CNN. "They were his friends, so it wasn't just random," Luton said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/us/washington-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
  • Options

A student at Washington state's Marysville-Pilchuck High School walked into the school's cafeteria, went up to a table with students, "came up from behind ... and fired about six bullets into the backs of them," witness Jordan Luton told CNN. "They were his friends, so it wasn't just random," Luton said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/us/washington-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
    Pulled a handgun from his pocket.

This is why handguns are so effective. You just carry that little weapon in your pocket and... right when you're ready... "surprise" and begin firing.

Cue critical response: This is why the other students needed to have their own guns. That way... "double surprise" and a gun fight could have occurred.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

chadwick said:

so you dont think the owner of a weapon that's used in a crime such as this shouldnt be held accountable? If that kid was driving his parents car and plowed into a crowd wouldnt they bear some responsibility? Whats different?
    Is that true? If my daughter was driving my car and plowed into somebody and killed them, I could be legally accountable? I know financially, my insurance would pay, but I could get charged with a crime?
  • Options

mickeyrat said:

chadwick said:

Is that true? If my daughter was driving my car and plowed into somebody and killed them, I could be legally accountable? I know financially, my insurance would pay, but I could get charged with a crime?
    depends on the circumstances. but it could be possible.

This discussion has been closed.