Options

"Salvage and Redemptions", my new book is out!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
After making a number of DIY chapbooks over the years, I put together a 93 page anthology of writings- verse, vignettes, stories- and sketches and drawings from 1970 to 2014 and had the book professionally printed (a small run of 100 copies). If interested please PM me. Here's what it looks like:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Big congratulations to you, Brian!
  • Options
    Thanks, Hedonist! :-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Of course I am interested. Let me know the details. Because I have to have an autographed copy.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Congrats again Brian! Looking forward to my copies! :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Bump for a good guy. Hey guys, purchase this old timers book. Took his old ass 44 years to make, shit, that's longer then I've been around. Gonna have some good stuff in it no doubt!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Awesome Brian!! Send me the details! And I'll take one signed as well!
  • Options

Awesome Brian!! Send me the details! And I'll take one signed as well!

Thanks! PM sent :-)

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Congratulations!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Congratulations!

Thanks, Steaming Hot Coffee!

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Bravo sir! And yes id like a copy please.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

Bravo sir! And yes id like a copy please.

PM sent!

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    that was fast delivery. nicely done, sir.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Great! I hope you like it, Chadwick!

• Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited October 2014
    I received my copy today.

After thumbing through and reading just a page or 9 here and also there, I must say that I am imageing tickled.

Brian!

"there's rat hip in my flour"

So far, I love it.

I'm not going to read it fast though. I'm going to read it very slowly, very occasionally,

Thank you
  • Options
    Brian, you're a good writer (like it needs to be said - and rollings' notion of savoring it speaks volumes).

Curious what propelled you to publish. Takes some level of guts to do it.
  • Options
    rollings said:

I received my copy today.

After thumbing through and reading just a page or 9 here and also there, I must say that I am imageing tickled.

Brian!

"there's rat hip in my flour"

So far, I love it.

I'm not going to read it fast though. I'm going to read it very slowly, very occasionally,

Thank you

Ah yes, "rat hip in my flour". Good times, LOL!

So glad you're enjoying it so far rollings. Thank a bunch! :-)

• Options
    hedonist said:

Brian, you're a good writer (like it needs to be said - and rollings' notion of savoring it speaks volumes).

Thank you kindly, H. :-)

It's something I've always wanted to do. I've made 5 of my own chapbooks so I figured at least once it would be cool to have a book book- with a real spine and wraps! It's not so much guts but rather as it is getting up there a bit, wear and tear, that sort of thing- some things you just have get to and do. Which is why I'm kicking it in gear with my next one while the memory banks are still fairly full. I can feel a little of the sand sifting through the cracks. I'm about 24,000 words into it after the first 6 weeks or so. You might say I'm a bit obsessed right now, haha!

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:

It's something I've always wanted to do. I've made 5 of my own chapbooks so I figured at least once it would be cool to have a book book- with a real spine and wraps! It's not so much guts but rather as it is getting up there a bit, wear and tear, that sort of thing- some things you just have get to and do. Which is why I'm kicking it in gear with my next one while the memory banks are still fairly full. I can feel a little of the sand sifting through the cracks. I'm about 24,000 words into it after the first 6 weeks or so. You might say I'm a bit obsessed right now, haha!

fuck knows youre giving me a kick in the butt brian.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:

I get it (especially the bolded part!) - bravo for getting to and actually doing it. Bet it's a blast too.
  • Options
    Hi friends,

For those of you who want to purchase my book, please let me know who you are in a PM so I can let you know (also in a PM) that the book is going out and so I can keep track of to whom I'm sending it.

Please be assured I never have nor ever will disclose anyone's user name and real name to anyone else. Having worked in counseling, I'm very aware of confidentiality.

Thanks!

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I mailed my request today.
    I can't wait to get this! :)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam said:

I mailed my request today.
    I can't wait to get this! :)

Thank you! It's been fun doing it. :-)

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Got my copy on Friday. I haven't had a chance to do more than a quick glance at it but looking forward to reading it!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."