Options

Favourite thing from 2014 US Fall Tour?

13»

Comments

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

derbydave said:

Ed smashing his guitar in Detroit was spectacular. I will forever be able to visualize that in my mind.

AND...
    Shattering the glass from that globe & it flying EVERYWHERE!!!
    It felt like we had YOUNG Ed back in Detroit!!
    AND taking a dive and falling on a monitor :(
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

derbydave said:

Ed smashing his guitar in Detroit was spectacular. I will forever be able to visualize that in my mind.

AND...
    AND taking a dive and falling on a monitor :(
    For a minute...
    it looked like he was hurt too!!
    Scary moment!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Oh suziemay! I love telling this story so I'm so glad you asked!! ;) There are so many awesome moments that I could list from my 2 shows (Tulsa and Lincoln). I will tell you the absolute best of them all (and maybe one of the best feelings I've ever had in my entire life). I had been hoping for binaural songs but privately felt that if I could have only 1 I REALLY wanted breakerfall. Lets just say I REALLY love that song! I find myself 3 deep in GA in Tulsa right to Ed's right. Waiting from 6:36 when we had our spots on the floor (after waiting all day) watching those guys climb the ladders to the lighting rig, watching that mysterious blonde middle aged lady checking mics and adjusting the height of the mic stands, watching the guitar techs tune the guitars, trying to guess what would be played first based on what guitars are out. anticipating, trying not to think about peeing. lights down. here they are. Pendulum...goosebumps, tears. Hard to imagine... REALLY? shit I love stone's guitar part and how Mike comes in to harmonize on top of it, ed's voice...more tears maybe. Small town... personal bc I grew up in a small town in the Midwest and got the heck out so it's very meaningful to me. then it hit AHHHHHH!!! THERE'S A GIRL ON THE LEDGE WHO'S GOT NOWHERE TO TURN!!! I experienced the most amazing euphoric HOLY FUCK moment of my entire life!! I turned to my brother who was standing right next to me and started involuntarily screaming FUCK! repeatedly and beating him on the arm! 8-} I completely reacted on emotions only with absolutely no restraint! It was an amazing feeling that I will never forget. My poor brother was a bit sore the next day! Even remembering it now brings back a very real physical sensation of excitement and happiness!

Thank you PJ for BREAKING MY FALL in Tulsa!

I love experiences like this: "I experienced the most amazing euphoric HOLY FUCK moment..." May the band keep touring so that we may keep experiencing those moments. :)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,060
    SD48277 said:

Oh suziemay! I love telling this story so I'm so glad you asked!! ;) There are so many awesome moments that I could list from my 2 shows (Tulsa and Lincoln). I will tell you the absolute best of them all (and maybe one of the best feelings I've ever had in my entire life). I had been hoping for binaural songs but privately felt that if I could have only 1 I REALLY wanted breakerfall. Lets just say I REALLY love that song! I find myself 3 deep in GA in Tulsa right to Ed's right. Waiting from 6:36 when we had our spots on the floor (after waiting all day) watching those guys climb the ladders to the lighting rig, watching that mysterious blonde middle aged lady checking mics and adjusting the height of the mic stands, watching the guitar techs tune the guitars, trying to guess what would be played first based on what guitars are out. anticipating, trying not to think about peeing. lights down. here they are. Pendulum...goosebumps, tears. Hard to imagine... REALLY? shit I love stone's guitar part and how Mike comes in to harmonize on top of it, ed's voice...more tears maybe. Small town... personal bc I grew up in a small town in the Midwest and got the heck out so it's very meaningful to me. then it hit AHHHHHH!!! THERE'S A GIRL ON THE LEDGE WHO'S GOT NOWHERE TO TURN!!! I experienced the most amazing euphoric HOLY FUCK moment of my entire life!! I turned to my brother who was standing right next to me and started involuntarily screaming FUCK! repeatedly and beating him on the arm! 8-} I completely reacted on emotions only with absolutely no restraint! It was an amazing feeling that I will never forget. My poor brother was a bit sore the next day! Even remembering it now brings back a very real physical sensation of excitement and happiness!

I love experiences like this: "I experienced the most amazing euphoric HOLY FUCK moment..." May the band keep touring so that we may keep experiencing those moments. :)
    This is a perfect description! And this was MY moment on the first note of Of The Earth in Denver and Blood in tulsa! I also loved Breakerfall. So glad you got it shetellsherself.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206

That's awesome! Breakerfall has probably become #1 on my bucket list now that I got Garden and Red Mosquito in Moline.
  • Options
    For me, this tour had an awesome vibe. So amazing I can't pick a specific moment or highlight. Although I Only saw 1 show (Lincoln NE) This was my 21st show, but I have to say,the best as far as atmosphere. I danced and sang the entire night . The entire crowd was like one big party of friends. The band /crowd connection was unlike any other show. So hard to describe, but everyone that went to 1 or more of these 12 shows knows exactly what I am talking about. Great thread!I love these positive discussions!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    SD48277 said:

Hearing the Mamasan trilogy in StL.
    Having the OP as my ticket buddy. :D
    Meeting many of my online friends in person, finally.
    The pre-pre-party, the pre-party, and the post-party.
    Getting to eat some awesome BBQ.

My ticket fairy! It was so cool to rock out with you, Susan. I still don't quite understand how but my thigh is still bruised from banging up against the cupholders on the seats? But why were they that high up? LOL
  • Options

Ahh, so cool! I live for those euphoric moments.
  • Options
    derbydave said:

AND...
    Was it in Detroit where he flung part of the broken globe and it missed Jeff's face by inches? The look on Jeff's face was priceless, and Ed was like, oh crap, I almost disfigured my boy!
  • Options

For me, this tour had an awesome vibe. So amazing I can't pick a specific moment or highlight. Although I Only saw 1 show (Lincoln NE) This was my 21st show, but I have to say,the best as far as atmosphere. I danced and sang the entire night . The entire crowd was like one big party of friends. The band /crowd connection was unlike any other show. So hard to describe, but everyone that went to 1 or more of these 12 shows knows exactly what I am talking about. Great thread!I love these positive discussions!

The band definitely seemed very at ease this tour, and Ed was in a very playful mood most nights. Not that they should ever feel any pressure because they are so established, but maybe now that they were done with the tours to promote the "new" album, this was the tour that they could just kick back and enjoy. There were definitely lots of smiles on stage at all the shows I was at!
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    Suziemay said:

Soooo, what was your favourite thing from this tour? I'd be interested to hear if there was a standout moment/revelation so please indulge me!

I was fortunate to attend 5 shows this tour (St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit, Moline and St. Paul), and am still riding the high. Well actually, I FEEL high, not to mention a little crazy 8-|

I'm still processing all the wonderful moments and experiences (birthday show for 2 consecutive years, road trip through towns I never expected to ever drive through with some awesome pals, etc etc etc), however the one standout I keep coming back to is the new intro to LBC. Love it, so happy I got to experience it twice! I'm sure there will be more that come to mind as time progresses, but this is the one I've been coming back to above everything else. Now, your turn!

ACL 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJaEZu2ANes

St. Paul
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7bM95TNE00

My favourite thing - that's easy - I got to see them live in Memphis after an 11 year drought. And it was fantastic!
  • Options
    stratmad said:

My favourite thing - that's easy - I got to see them live in Memphis after an 11 year drought. And it was fantastic!

How wonderful! So happy for you :)
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    Meeting Ed after Cincy at 1:30 am. Very jovial man.