Options

Favourite thing from 2014 US Fall Tour?

SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
edited October 2014 in The Porch
Soooo, what was your favourite thing from this tour? I'd be interested to hear if there was a standout moment/revelation so please indulge me!

I was fortunate to attend 5 shows this tour (St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit, Moline and St. Paul), and am still riding the high. Well actually, I FEEL high, not to mention a little crazy 8-|

I'm still processing all the wonderful moments and experiences (birthday show for 2 consecutive years, road trip through towns I never expected to ever drive through with some awesome pals, etc etc etc), however the one standout I keep coming back to is the new intro to LBC. Love it, so happy I got to experience it twice! I'm sure there will be more that come to mind as time progresses, but this is the one I've been coming back to above everything else. Now, your turn!

ACL 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJaEZu2ANes

St. Paul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7bM95TNE00
Post edited by Suziemay on

Comments

• Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Meeting up with a lot of friends & meeting even more PJ fans was great.

Hearing my favorite album, No Code, in it's entirety and in order in that 1 magical show in Moline was definitely a great experience & ranks way up there for me.

(Merch, & merch lines, that's a whole other story! 8-} But let's keep this positive! )

Detroit was a phenomenal show too! \m/
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited October 2014
    I decided to call the 2014 tour / roadtrip my "Personal PJ20"
    because the last show I was doing this year was Moline and it was my 20th show!
    The roadtrip of over 5100 miles, took me thru 12 States - OH, IN, IL, MO, KY, TN, OK, KS, NE, IA, AR & MI for 7 Shows - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Detroit & Moline and I ended up completing 3 more albums this year!!
    1) Yield w/ All Those Yesterdays in Cincinnati
    2) Lightning Bolt w/ Sleeping By Myself in Cincinnati
    3) No Code in Moline
    It was a truly INCREDIBLE experience for me and one that I will never forget!!
    Now back to the question at hand, you asked what was my favorite thing from the fall tour.
    As far as the concerts themselves...there are 2 GREAT moments that I will always remember!
    Getting to hear BLACK RED YELLOW in Detroit with one of my BEST friends & the first few notes of WHO YOU ARE in Moline, because that's when me and my GREAT friend & PJ brother realized that the guys were playing NO CODE in it's entirety!!
    I don't know if anything will ever top the excitement of hearing my favorite album played from start to finish at my 20th show!!
    Those will be my best musical memories of the 2014 tour but If I'm being honest...
    MY most favorite THING of the Fall Tour would have to be all the GREAT friends I got to hang out with at the shows!!
    I saw SO many old friends (including YOU...OP ;) ) that I have been able to get to know over the years from traveling to shows and MANY that I've met right here in the PJ Forum...and I've made a BUNCH of new friends that I will look forward to seeing again in the future!!
    2014 will go down as the BEST year so far for me and I can't wait to see what 2015 will bring our way!!
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Drinking Ed's wine in Tulsa.
    Went to Cincy, Tulsa, and Lincoln. It is nice to be able to get really close on Mike's side without the long wait in line. Six times in GA, and always prefer it there...
  • Options
    AggAgg Posts: 462
    Meeting Eddie! :x
    Drinking Eddie's wine/getting a tambourine and guitar pick of his.
    Meeting a bunch of amazing people in the GA line in Cincy.
    Finally seeing Jeremy at my 8th show (I know many find it overplayed, but it's the song that started my PJ love in 2012, so I was so excited to finally hear it live).
    Getting to share it all with my younger sister, who I introduced to PJ.
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    N O C O D E
  • Options
    seeing leash for the first time (it was a bit of a whale for me) i only need rats to complete vs.
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    checking some songs off of my list
    and meeting new friends at the show

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    in no particular order...

- my first hometown show and was able to celebrate my 2nd anniversary of coming to the States in GA with my lovely hubs
    - BRY for the first time, and it was awesome
    - No Code front to back with a couple of songs I never heard live in person before
    - the shenanigans with lots of awesome good old and some new friends
    - the goosebumps I got at the shows, that feeling never gets old :D

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    The stickers.

Just kidding. Being in Moline for No Code and in Milwaukee for Yield. And hearing In Hiding live in Moline for the first time in 16 years.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So awesome, keep them coming! FEED ME... :-j

(I don't know what half of these smileys are doing, I hope this one's not doing anything vulgar!)
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    FEEEED MEEEE

OK, I'll add another one of my favourite moments: Detroit after Even Flow, Ed starts gushing about Matt, and gestures to me to through my sign up on stage. When he's done, the entire arena is thunderously loud showing appreciation for Matt. Loved that my favourite band member got the well-deserved acknowledgement. At my birthday show! With Ed holding my sign!

And then right after that they go into Light Years, the only song I've been dying to hear, I heard it at my first show and then never again, until Detroit 2014!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    1. My first show. My husband and I were able to have an ALL DAY DATE! That just never happens. Grant you, the day was a lot of divide and conquer, but we were out together and our kiddo was being taken care of.
    2. Getting 10c tickets to begin with. I would have been happy with TM. We just wanted to be in the building.
    3. Getting GA and not having my intense claustrophobia kick in. Dave, you were right. I'd be okay. :)
    4. Hello, wine. I have no idea what you were but I'd kind of like to know. It was delicious and I would have drank all that what was in the cup, but the security guard made me share. It's all good. (And I might add, we don't drink.)
    5. Everyone in the GA line was great!
    6. The time, though standing in a lot of lines, really did go by rather fast.
    7. The absolute exhaustion. I danced. I sang. I bounced. I jumped. Y'all, I had nothing left to give and could barely walk once we got home. Now that is a concert. To exhaust someone with ADD is quite a feat.
    8. Last, but certainly not least-- The boys. All of them. Right. there. in. front. of. me. :sigh: It was a good thing. 3 hours and 15 minutes. We were talking about the concert again last night. We were only able to attend one, but we couldn't have asked for more.
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

1. My first show. My husband and I were able to have an ALL DAY DATE! That just never happens. Grant you, the day was a lot of divide and conquer, but we were out together and our kiddo was being taken care of.
    2. Getting 10c tickets to begin with. I would have been happy with TM. We just wanted to be in the building.
    3. Getting GA and not having my intense claustrophobia kick in. Dave, you were right. I'd be okay. :)
    4. Hello, wine. I have no idea what you were but I'd kind of like to know. It was delicious and I would have drank all that what was in the cup, but the security guard made me share. It's all good. (And I might add, we don't drink.)
    7. The absolute exhaustion. I danced. I sang. I bounced. I jumped. Y'all, I had nothing left to give and could barely walk once we got home. Now that is a concert. To exhaust someone with ADD is quite a feat.
    8. Last, but certainly not least-- The boys. All of them. Right. there. in. front. of. me. :sigh: It was a good thing. 3 hours and 15 minutes. We were talking about the concert again last night. We were only able to attend one, but we couldn't have asked for more.

That's awesome! What show were you at?
  • Options
    jason_94 said:

Hearing my favorite album, No Code, in it's entirety and in order in that 1 magical show in Moline was definitely a great experience & ranks way up there for me.

(Merch, & merch lines, that's a whole other story! 8-} But let's keep this positive! )

Detroit was pretty sweet. It was pretty much everything I wanted for a birthday show! \m/
  • Options
    derbydave said:

I decided to call the 2014 tour / roadtrip my "Personal PJ20"
    because the last show I was doing this year was Moline and it was my 20th show!
    The roadtrip of over 5100 miles, took me thru 12 States - OH, IN, IL, MO, KY, TN, OK, KS, NE, IA, AR & MI for 7 Shows - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Detroit & Moline and I ended up completing 3 more albums this year!!
    1) Yield w/ All Those Yesterdays in Cincinnati
    2) Lightning Bolt w/ Sleeping By Myself in Cincinnati
    3) No Code in Moline
    It was a truly INCREDIBLE experience for me and one that I will never forget!!
    Now back to the question at hand, you asked what was my favorite thing from the fall tour.
    As far as the concerts themselves...there are 2 GREAT moments that I will always remember!
    Getting to hear BLACK RED YELLOW in Detroit with one of my BEST friends & the first few notes of WHO YOU ARE in Moline, because that's when me and my GREAT friend & PJ brother realized that the guys were playing NO CODE in it's entirety!!
    I don't know if anything will ever top the excitement of hearing my favorite album played from start to finish at my 20th show!!
    Those will be my best musical memories of the 2014 tour but If I'm being honest...
    MY most favorite THING of the Fall Tour would have to be all the GREAT friends I got to hang out with at the shows!!
    I saw SO many old friends (including YOU...OP ;) ) that I have been able to get to know over the years from traveling to shows and MANY that I've met right here in the PJ Forum...and I've made a BUNCH of new friends that I will look forward to seeing again in the future!!
    2014 will go down as the BEST year so far for me and I can't wait to see what 2015 will bring our way!!

Your 2014 was like my 2013! I went to 11 shows last fall, plus Wrigley in the summer. It was exhilarating. I thought I'd be done after that, but nope, just left me wanting more. Like now. :((

LOVE the unplanned run-ins too! Good seeing ya in St. Louis :)>-
  • Options
    PA JammerPA Jammer Tamaqua, Pa. Posts: 340
    Detroit- Great show!
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • Options
    jsvajgljsvajgl Posts: 39
    NO CODE. Plus, getting to hear a new song written just for that show. Also was great hearing the Mamasan trilogy in St.L.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Suziemay said:

deadendp said:

Cincinnati. :D
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options

Drinking Ed's wine in Tulsa.
    Went to Cincy, Tulsa, and Lincoln. It is nice to be able to get really close on Mike's side without the long wait in line. Six times in GA, and always prefer it there...

Me too! GA or bust! OK, not really, if I can't get GA I will take what I can get, but I agree, always better in GA! I stopped drinking Ed's wine when we all caught whatever bug it was Ed had in Europe 2012. Came home with a heaving cough that didn't leave me for weeks :D
  • Options
    Agg said:

Meeting Eddie! :x
    Drinking Eddie's wine/getting a tambourine and guitar pick of his.
    Meeting a bunch of amazing people in the GA line in Cincy.
    Finally seeing Jeremy at my 8th show (I know many find it overplayed, but it's the song that started my PJ love in 2012, so I was so excited to finally hear it live).
    Getting to share it all with my younger sister, who I introduced to PJ.

Awesome that you got to share it with your sis :)
  • Options
    RiotZact said:

N O C O D E

jsvajgl said:

NO CODE. Plus, getting to hear a new song written just for that show. Also was great hearing the Mamasan trilogy in St.L.

I'm definitely happy I was there for No Code! And gosh, we did get Mamasan in STL didn't we? How could I forget? Oh right, because I went to a bunch more fantastic shows after that. So spoiled....
  • Options

seeing leash for the first time (it was a bit of a whale for me) i only need rats to complete vs.

lolobugg said:

checking some songs off of my list
    and meeting new friends at the show

Love that feeling when you realize you're hearing a song for the first time!
  • Options

in no particular order...

- my first hometown show and was able to celebrate my 2nd anniversary of coming to the States in GA with my lovely hubs
    - BRY for the first time, and it was awesome
    - No Code front to back with a couple of songs I never heard live in person before
    - the shenanigans with lots of awesome good old and some new friends
    - the goosebumps I got at the shows, that feeling never gets old :D

Yaaay home town show! Thanks for taking that awesome pic of me at the hotel, there aren't enough pictures of happy me because I hate posing for pictures and I always end up looking like in pain but I just couldn't contain the happiness post Detroit show!
    PA Jammer said:

Detroit- Great show!

I agree 100%. 2nd Annual Birthday Show. Hope they indulge me and make it a 3rd next year!
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

The stickers.

Just kidding. Being in Moline for No Code and in Milwaukee for Yield. And hearing In Hiding live in Moline for the first time in 16 years.

That's cool that you were at both :D I'm only mildly jealous!
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Suziemay said:

deadendp said:

Cincinnati. :D
    Very nice! :-c
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Suziemay said:

jason_94 said:

Detroit was pretty sweet. It was pretty much everything I wanted for a birthday show! \m/

I only got to say hi briefly while making my way to the back of the GA line shortly before they let us in.

I saw you up on the rail but couldn't get your attention as I was about 4 back between Jeff & Ed. I did see your sign go up too! Great moment for you! I'm glad you had a blast at your birthday show!

Can't wait for the next tour &/or shows that I can get to. Hopefully I'll see you there.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Great thread!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NoWayNoWay St. Louis Posts: 347
    Moline! Everything about it was fantastic. Even better than getting a pick from Mike at the St. Louis show. I also got to make some new friends this tour including Gene on the board and his friend Greg. Great guys!
    St. Louis - 7/27/92, 4/22/03, 10/5/04, 5/4/10, 7/1/11 (EV), 10/3/14
    Chicago - 5/17/06, 8/21/08 (EV), 8/23/09, 7/19/13, 8/20/16
    Champaign - 4/23/03
    East Troy - 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Kansas City - 5/3/10
    Las Vegas - 6/6/03
    Memphis - 6/20/09 (EV)
    Moline - 10/17/14
    Oklahoma City - 11/16/13
  • Options
    I went to ACL 1 and enjoyed Lukin, long road, faithful and imagine.

Then I hear about No Code being played from front to back, THEN Yield being played front to back…

Those two shows will be on peoples "Best of" lists for years!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited October 2014
    Oh, I forgot, I found a Mike pick in Detroit too :D