Denver 2014 best setlist ever?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    Downer
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    haha, just being honest man. slow starts to the show, slow starts to the encore preserves ed's voice. i get it. i just miss when they would come out swinging and go for everyone's jugular.
  • Options
    Yes
    Personally being at a show, yes it was the best setlist I've been witness to.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    rival. said:

haha, just being honest man. slow starts to the show, slow starts to the encore preserves ed's voice. i get it. i just miss when they would come out swinging and go for everyone's jugular.

I agree with the slow starts.. Nothingman in the 2-3 slot to start for the past few tours has been brutal..and the slow encore starts.. Just time to showcase Ed I guess..like his own little commentary segment to go along with a few jams..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    No

Define "ever"

Best ever that day for sure. :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    No

Personally being at a show, yes it was the best setlist I've been witness to.

That's not the question. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Yes
    yeah I said earlier I forgot about the third Mansfield show in 2003 that was the best ever IMO but I can't change my vote now
  • Options
    Alpine 2003
    6 in a row off VS

Hell that was a better SET LIST.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Yes

Alpine 2003
    6 in a row off VS

Vs is the best album ever so the more Vs the better
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    No

Alpine 2003
    6 in a row off VS

Define "ever".
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    No
    Not even close. I'd take The Vic, Mansfield and maybe Newcastle 06 over this to start with. It is a great setlist (to be honest, aren't they all?!) but the second encore lost me - Future Days, Mother and Last Kiss are songs I can personally definitely do without (and I'm not a big fan of Imagine, other than for the novelty factor) and having them so close together would have killed the set for me.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    No
    Best of usa 14 tour yes
    best ever no
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yes

Alpine 2003
    6 in a row off VS

Define "ever".
    my top 5 albums ever
    1.Pearl Jam Vs
    2.Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here
    3.Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin II
    4.Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland
    5.Moody Blues Days Of Future Passed
  • Options
    steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405
    Yes
    Best setlist I've come across. Wish I could've been there.

But am I the only person who is getting a little tired of Yellow Ledbetter? I think Indifference should be played more. YLed is still a great song, just a little too predictable. Maybe switch it up a different closer, or a new one. Just a thought. If I'm the only person who thinks this, I'll shut up.
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    No
    Check out Oslo 2014.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    No
    Was the LB 13' / 14' tour the best ever?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited October 2014
    No
    I think it may have been the most interesting set list of this leg, I wasn't there so it's hard to say. I wasn't at Mansfield 3 in 2003 but I do have that boot, and that's a decent list if you wanna toss around the word ever, but SK makes those last couple of songs pretty meh.

Of the shows I attended for LB 13/14, Leeds with the 3 Who songs were pretty intense, plus Fatal, Ghost, Push Me Pull Me, MOTH, Army Reserve, Dont Gimme No Lip, All Along the Watchtower . My only qualm with Leeds, I sort needed a YL that night but got the shortened Indifference, (was it indifferent?). I like Charlottesville's list and the Phoenix list as well.

Me and Hank's Memphis show rocked. No Backspacer at Leeds or Memphis.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Yes

I think it may have been the most interesting set list of this leg, I wasn't there so it's hard to say. I wasn't at Mansfield 3 in 2003 but I do have that boot, and that's a decent list if you wanna toss around the word ever, but SK makes those last couple of songs pretty meh.

Of the shows I attended for LB 13/14, Leeds with the 3 Who songs were pretty intense, plus Fatal, Ghost, Push Me Pull Me, MOTH, Army Reserve, Dont Gimme No Lip, All Along the Watchtower . My only qualm with Leeds, I sort needed a YL that night but got the shortened Indifference, (was it indifferent?). I like Charlottesville list and the Phoenix list as well.

Me and Hank's Memphis show rocked. No Backspacer at Leeds or Memphis.

no Backspacer is never a bad thing, although Force Of Nature and Amongst The Waves are both great
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited October 2014
    No
    Personally, I like the Backspacer.
    Supersonic, Speed of Sound, Unthought Known, Johnny Guitar, ATW, The Fixer, THE END (quite possibly the saddest song EVER...),shit, I like the whole thing. good music and I think great sound on BS.
    I think it was more of a scheduling fluke.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405
    Yes
    I would definitely consider State College, PA 03 as one of the best setlists, if not just for length (40 songs!!). The only thing that I can think of that would make it better would be Leash, but keep those 7 covers!
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14