Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    wouldnt be surprised if its a different roomand left unlocked, open living
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    RKCNDY wrote: »
    How does that Life Alert thing work? When the person pushes the button, how do the EMTs get in the house? Do they break down the door? Or does the person leave their door unlocked? Or leave a key hidden somewhere?

Gooood question!!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    there's so many of those things. I don't think they call 911 right away. I think it's like the alarm company people use on houses or businesses - but for people. So if the alarm goes off they try calling, probably starting with the user, then the next in line contact like a family member or neighbor or whatever. I would imagine that 911 is kind of a last resort, and that if they can't get into the house or apartment via window or by someone with a key, they probably will break down the door.
    they're not cheap either.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    How does that Life Alert thing work? When the person pushes the button, how do the EMTs get in the house? Do they break down the door? Or does the person leave their door unlocked? Or leave a key hidden somewhere?

All 3. When a person hits that button, it goes to a life alert dispatcher. Then they notify the appropriate dispatch center depending on where that person lives. When a person registers with life alert, they will tell them where a hidden key is or a pass code that opens a gate or a door and tha information is passed on to the first responders through a phone call. If the fd has to break into a house, usually the sheriffs office is called. Depending on the severity of the situation, the fd won't wait for the cops to arrive, they will force the door before the cops arrive.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

All 3. When a person hits that button, it goes to a life alert dispatcher. Then they notify the appropriate dispatch center depending on where that person lives. When a person registers with life alert, they will tell them where a hidden key is or a pass code that opens a gate or a door and tha information is passed on to the first responders through a phone call. If the fd has to break into a house, usually the sheriffs office is called. Depending on the severity of the situation, the fd won't wait for the cops to arrive, they will force the door before the cops arrive.

Thanks for the answer...how do you know? Work for them? Are you an EMT? Did you have to sign a loved one up? (this *is* the questions thread.... ;) )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

Thanks for the answer...how do you know? Work for them? Are you an EMT? Did you have to sign a loved one up? (this *is* the questions thread.... ;) )

I'm a fireman. We respond to medical calls called in by life alert and related agencies all the time.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Scott's my hero^^^^^ B-) true super hero
  • Options
    badbrains wrote: »

You just think I'm smoking hot!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

I just read that as smoking pot O:-)
  • Options
    hedonist wrote: »

I just read that as smoking pot O:-)

Damn spell check
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    what is a sneaking suspicion anyway??? LMAO, I say it all the time, but what does it really mean??? haha
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren wrote: »
    what is a sneaking suspicion anyway??? LMAO, I say it all the time, but what does it really mean??? haha

And what is a near-miss? That's a hit, dammit.
  • Options

Well, are you?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    How about "I'm gonna be smoking pot" =))

Oh boy. So now Scott not ONLY thinks he's the "life" of the party, but now HE thinks HE's "hot". Next he's gonna ask to start calling him Hot Scott. Again, you can't make this shit up. =))
  • Options

Oh boy. So now Scott not ONLY thinks he's the "life" of the party, but now HE thinks HE's "hot". Next he's gonna ask to start calling him Hot Scott. Again, you can't make this shit up. =))

Or maybe he's going to be smoking hot pot?

Knife hits anyone?

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I'm down hahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Since I haven't smoked pot since the 90's, I'm gonna have to say I said Nart thinks I'm smoking hot! And yes, I am. Just ask my wife. Actually, don't as her. Just look at mmy profile picture, when I change it back.
  • Options
    :popcorn:

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

Or maybe he's going to be smoking hot pot?

Knife hits anyone?

Better that than IN a smoking hot pot.

(what is a knife hit?)
  • Options
    Never mind. I just changed my profile pic back. I should probably just put a picture of my wife up there!
  • Options
    Chicks dig ugly dudes like Scott and me. B-)
  • Options
    I can hardly see your pic on my phone Last12, when I zoom in, it looks like your wife has a red clown nose.

Knife hits basically involve knives (duh) and an electric stove burner.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    I can hardly see your pic on my phone Last12, when I zoom in, it looks like your wife has a red clown nose.

People still do this??? I prefer gravity hits!!
  • Options

Lol. She does look like Rudolph. Maybe if you click on my name you will see the picture better.
  • Options
    ^^^^ya she must love a man in a uniform. It must be your fireman uniform. Yup, it's def your fireman uniform =)) =)) =))
  • Options

I don't, it's so much work, and a huge waste. ***not that I would know or anything*** :-\"

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Do Muslims love Jesus? Just because there's a country song on YouTube doesn't make it true badbarains!!
  • Options

I don't, it's so much work, and a huge waste. ***not that I would know or anything*** :-\"

Total waste for sure!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited December 2014
    Argh! No quoting on mobile still?!

Re Knife hits: It's called hot blading here, and it is awesome. One of the most efficient ways to get really really high, assuming you use either a straw (actually the tube from a bic pen is beat) to direct the smoke into your body, lol. But i have noticed that it takes a little practice to do it well. I think it's a fun and hilarious way to get high!

Re Christmas day: Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!
    My family is out of town, so I got wonderfully bombed with my best friend and his family last night, and now have the worst Christmas day hangover since 1998. Fuck!!
    X_X
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    Argh! No quoting on mobile still?!

Re Knife hits: It's called hot blading here, and it is awesome. One of the most efficient ways to get really really high, assuming you use either a straw (actually the tube from a bic pen is beat) to direct the smoke into your body, lol. But i have noticed that it takes a little practice to do it well. I think it's a fun and hilarious way to get high!

Re Christmas day: Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!
    My family is out of town, so I got wonderfully bombed with my best friend and his family last night, and now have the worst Christmas day hangover since 1998. Fuck!!
    X_X

Are you using the mobile or desktop version on your phone? I'm using my phone but using the desktop version and I haven't had any problems quoting.
This discussion has been closed.