Options

Official Stupid Questions Thread

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    ldent42 said:

Do you guys think I can shrink an XXXL shirt down to a L-XL size? I really want that WMA shirt but the only options are Small or XXXL.

Just put on 75 lbs. Problem solved.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

Do you guys think I can shrink an XXXL shirt down to a L-XL size? I really want that WMA shirt but the only options are Small or XXXL.

Just put on 75 lbs. Problem solved.
    I like the way you think. I'm gonna go finish off a pint of ice cream now. :)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited December 2014

Ladies, chest hair or no?

Yes, chest hair all day long. Manly and sexy IMO (within reason anyway... not into Robin Williams levels or anything close to that, lol, and if it runs around to the shoulders and back that has to be dealt with, haha. And weird, fine, patchy chest hair is worse than none). I didn't like it too much when I was much younger, like in high school, but I grew out of that by the time I was 16. Now i think hairless chests on men is a little... i dunno. Reminds me of boys. But it's not a deal breaker. I am not that shallow, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Stupid question: why do people care what Billy Corgan said about Pearl Jam? 20 pages on the porch.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Stupid question: why do people care what Billy Corgan said about Pearl Jam? 20 pages on the porch.

I thought Billy Corgan died from a heart attack. Wasn't he the guy on all those infomercials for oxy clean?
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772

I thought Billy Corgan died from a heart attack. Wasn't he the guy on all those infomercials for oxy clean?
    lol i couldnt help it
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited December 2014

Because he's a douche. And he's wrong. And mostly because he's arrogant enough to consider himself in the same category as Kurt Cobain. Which is completely asinine.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    On a can of 'paint with primer' why does it say "for best results, prep area with primer before painting"? I thought the whole point of paint with primer was to *not* have to use primer...

And to chime in on the chest hair debate... No, yuck...it's scratchy and tickley-in that super annoying way. You can see muscle definition better when there is no hair.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    RKCNDY wrote: »
    On a can of 'paint with primer' why does it say "for best results, prep area with primer before painting"? I thought the whole point of paint with primer was to *not* have to use primer...

And to chime in on the chest hair debate... No, yuck...it's scratchy and tickley-in that super annoying way. You can see muscle definition better when there is no hair.

Agree on chest hair debate.Clippered down is way more comfy then a full baby ass shave,and no real sharp stubble for wifey to bitch about.
    Even with primer infused per say,an area pre treated with primer or already has a coat of another paint,will allow for a better coverage of the new stuff.So I believe it's more about less coats for same coverage.Its early I think that made sense.Im looking at a raw dry walled wall right now that need a primer prior to any paint or the raw drywall will suck it all up and my coverage will stink.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

They are just admitting that the "paint with primer" thing is a scam. Unfortunately, you really do get best results by using a primer then two coats of paint.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    rr165892 wrote: »

Agree on chest hair debate.Clippered down is way more comfy then a full baby ass shave,and no real sharp stubble for wifey to bitch about.
    Even with primer infused per say,an area pre treated with primer or already has a coat of another paint,will allow for a better coverage of the new stuff.So I believe it's more about less coats for same coverage.Its early I think that made sense.Im looking at a raw dry walled wall right now that need a primer prior to any paint or the raw drywall will suck it all up and my coverage will stink.

Sorry construction worker in me.. But you mean to say you are looking at a sheet rock covered wall.. As Drywalling is the process, and sheet rock is the product. Don't kill me.. But I had to hear that for the entire first year of my Drywalling job of six years! Lol anyhow, yes paint/ primer in one is a scam. Period! Carry on..
  • Options

They are just admitting that the "paint with primer" thing is a scam. Unfortunately, you really do get best results by using a primer then two coats of paint.

No worries, I'm going all out. Sanded dresser, applied one coat of primer, sanded with 120, paintedwith 2nd coat of primer, sanded with 220, then paint, then sand with 120, then another coat of paint, then 220, then another coat of paint...well that's the plan.

Or can I just paint, then 220 it, then a second coat? (in done with primer )
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

Sorry construction worker in me.. But you mean to say you are looking at a sheet rock covered wall.. As Drywalling is the process, and sheet rock is the product. Don't kill me.. But I had to hear that for the entire first year of my Drywalling job of six years! Lol anyhow, yes paint/ primer in one is a scam. Period! Carry on..

Ok Whispering you smart ass.I was looking at a bit of sheet rock,true and its finely taped and mudded,sanded to baby ass soft finish ,but the majority of the wall is Hardy Plank cement board where my tile and split face stone is going.Soooo technically to say the wall was sheet rock would also be inaccurate.So we can both be correct.
  • Options

Ok Whispering you smart ass.I was looking at a bit of sheet rock,true and its finely taped and mudded,sanded to baby ass soft finish ,but the majority of the wall is Hardy Plank cement board where my tile and split face stone is going.Soooo technically to say the wall was sheet rock would also be inaccurate.So we can both be correct.

Lmao! Agreed!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    How does a Jewish Yamaka stay on your head when it's windy? Double sided tape?
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Oh come on. It can be really sexy!

631119795_ac8bc60630.jpg

Or the opposite of sexy!

Hairy-chest-by-Vinnie-630x475.jpg

UvPlu43.gif
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason P wrote: »
    How does a Jewish Yamaka stay on your head when it's windy? Double sided tape?

Pins. They pin it.unless they shave their heads, then there is a lining that helps it stay in place.
  • Options
    Whoa.Selleck rocking some old school nutters.Cool.
    Is it me or does hair guys chest look like a wolfs face.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    That guy trims it at the neck line! That's funny
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    edited December 2014
    Tom selleck is not and never was sexy

Eww.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Eww.

I agree with you on that!! :-&
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Watching the Chinese Restaurant episode of Seinfeld - we're living in a society! - how different would the plotlines be if made in this era of technology.

Waiting for the payphone, needing a table at a restaurant.

"Cartwright!"
  • Options
    hedonist wrote: »
    Watching the Chinese Restaurant episode of Seinfeld - we're living in a society! - how different would the plotlines be if made in this era of technology.

Waiting for the payphone, needing a table at a restaurant.

"Cartwright!"

Somebody needs to pitch this to Jerry Sienfeld!!
  • Options

Eww.

Me too! He's icky poo.

See... better with no chest hair....

8132983169_737e3ecf5a_o.jpg

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Eww.

Me too! He's icky poo.

See... better with no chest hair....

8132983169_737e3ecf5a_o.jpg

^^^ NIce. Worse than chest hair: cascading back hair. :-&
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I personally think that Tom Selleck is one of the sexist men alive! Handsome, tall, charming, likeable. :) Way sexier than the earring guy above who waxes his whole body and is attempting to look deep or sleepy or whatever that dumb expression is on his face, and spends all his free time at the gym and thinking about his tan and his diet. Blech. I mean, he's fine on the eyes, but it's what his appearance tells me about him that's off-putting. You have to be really self-obsessed to look like that, and that is very unsexy to me. Personality goes a long way!

Yeah, back hair isn't sexy at all. Guys should get that taken care of. It's easy to.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    I personally think that Tom Selleck is one of the sexist men alive! Handsome, tall, charming, likeable. Way sexier than the earring guy above who waxes his whole body and is attempting to look deep or sleepy or whatever that dumb expression is on his face, and spends all his free time at the gym and thinking about his tan and his diet. Blech. I mean, he's fine on the eyes, but it's what his appearance tells me about him that's off-putting. You have to be really self-obsessed to look like that, and that is very unsexy to me. Personality goes a long way!

Yeah, back hair isn't sexy at all. Guys should get that taken care of. It's easy to.
    Right the fuck on!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I personally think that Tom Selleck is one of the sexist men alive! Handsome, tall, charming, likeable. Way sexier than the earring guy above who waxes his whole body and is attempting to look deep or sleepy or whatever that dumb expression is on his face, and spends all his free time at the gym and thinking about his tan and his diet. Blech. I mean, he's fine on the eyes, but it's what his appearance tells me about him that's off-putting. You have to be really self-obsessed to look like that, and that is very unsexy to me. Personality goes a long way!

I think you're making a lot of assumptions there, not every guy that looks like that is shallow and conceited. I used to chat with guys that look like that on a fitness forum, most were pretty cool-from my limited interactions, some were also arrogant so I didn't chat with them that often. Working out is a hobby, I'd rather hang out with a guy like that than someone who shoots up heroin for a hobby. I enjoy working out too, so I suppose that helps.

I wouldn't be so quick to say Mr. Selleck has a great personality unless you personally know him, he's an actor, so he's paid to be likeable. You never know, IRL, he could be a real a-hole.

Yes. Personality goes a long way, but I don't judge people based on looks alone.

Just my opinion. :)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    edited December 2014

Oh come on. It can be really sexy!

631119795_ac8bc60630.jpg

Or the opposite of sexy!

Hairy-chest-by-Vinnie-630x475.jpg

UvPlu43.gif

i agree,

now to change the subject, it is know to have found huge squid in the sea, big as a small ship, what about octopus in the waters?? now that could follow a ship and do damage, couldnt it for the time being...
  • Options
    How does that Life Alert thing work? When the person pushes the button, how do the EMTs get in the house? Do they break down the door? Or does the person leave their door unlocked? Or leave a key hidden somewhere?

- Christopher McCandless
This discussion has been closed.