Options

*** Milwaukee Fanviews Here 10/20/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628

All I can say is WOW! Just got home from Milwaukee (show #11 for me) and I'm still in shock they played Yield. Missed out on 10C tix for this show, so had nosebleeds in the far back. I am just glad I was in the building for this show!

Anyone else notice that Ed is very chatty this tour? I was in Cincy and he talked a lot there as well. Love his stories and how he always ties it back to the city and/or fans.

Fantastic show...now to wait until next time!

He talked quite a bit in Memphis too and he wasn't feeling to well:) Great story teller. Authentic, honest, and entertaining.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405
    I go to Moline and get the album that I know least (still amazing) and Milwaukee gets my favorite album... damn

Don't know how these sets keep getting better.
    What are they gonna do in Denver? Next album would be Binaural...
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300

I go to Moline and get the album that I know least (still amazing) and Milwaukee gets my favorite album... damn

Don't know how these sets keep getting better.
    What are they gonna do in Denver? Next album would be Binaural...

Not going to happen, will be a good show. I feel there will be the No Code and Yield reissues sometime soon.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    I am so jealous of the lucky bastards that got to attend this show. Im for sure gonna buy this boot.
  • Options
    sqoutsqout Chicago Posts: 29
    Simply breath-taking!!! This was a little selfish this time around, I wanted this concert, the music, to penetrate my being. This was a soul recharge. I would like to thank all the ten club members and everyone else who refused to allow me to be disappointed. I was reminded that this experience goes beyond just lyrics, and wicked riffs, it's a human experience and in special cases, like yesterday's show in Milwaukee, and it becomes spiritual. After 20 years of being a fan, and popping my Pearl Jam "cherry" in Pittsburgh last year, finally enjoying the band live, this was an honor to share with Brian and his wife(1st timers) and Tony squared. In my attempt to seek out a transcendent awakening, I discovered, Yes...I am a people magnet, and together WE need to share this feeling with others. To my poster chasing friends and I awaiting to crash the doors and grab that uniquely special token of remembrance, great advice...rush to the 4th floor, "I got one"
    The music...yes, I was full of emotion, damn near cried early on full knowing what we were experiencing. Yield...in more ways than one it was a sign to slow down and take in these precious moments. Exiting the concert, still breathless...I just wanted to say "thank you"
    All day, in my mind I envisioned meeting Eddie...tonight would not be complete without completing the circle. But, instead of just checking off an item on my bucket list...I found some meaning for this journey through life. It's the bond, this undeniable attraction towards a passionate embodiment of living. Drawn to share, to spread joy and to truly Love.
    My courage was emboldened by (Meesha) from New York...66 shows since your first in 98', your enthusiasm energized my spirit and gave me hope, what you shared kept me warm, despite your absence, hope Denver was awesome. To Kat and her boyfriend, glad you improvised actual warming on those lamps and were able to share what is bound to be a memory for the ages. But for the young budding guitar player, I am honored to have shared in your experience. I like to believe my words gave you the strength and fortitude to maintain patience and capture the spark that ignites dreams. We all wanted you to meet Eddie...positive energy, positive mindset...WE all shared a common goal, watching your reaction when Eddie hopped out of the SUV and strolled over to see you. Epic. Yes, I too was allowed an embrace, even gave Eddie a small token of my appreciation with a gift, but if there was ever a message tonight, it's to NEVER "Yield" to your dreams!!! Thank You!!!
  • Options
    sqoutsqout Chicago Posts: 29
    sqout said:

Simply breath-taking!!! This was a little selfish this time around, I wanted this concert, the music, to penetrate my being. This was a soul recharge. I would like to thank all the ten club members and everyone else who refused to allow me to be disappointed. I was reminded that this experience goes beyond just lyrics, and wicked riffs, it's a human experience and in special cases, like yesterday's show in Milwaukee, and it becomes spiritual. After 20 years of being a fan, and popping my Pearl Jam "cherry" in Pittsburgh last year, finally enjoying the band live, this was an honor to share with Brian and his wife(1st timers) and Tony squared. In my attempt to seek out a transcendent awakening, I discovered, Yes...I am a people magnet, and together WE need to share this feeling with others. To my poster chasing friends and I awaiting to crash the doors and grab that uniquely special token of remembrance, great advice...rush to the 4th floor, "I got one"
    The music...yes, I was full of emotion, damn near cried early on full knowing what we were experiencing. Yield...in more ways than one it was a sign to slow down and take in these precious moments. Exiting the concert, still breathless...I just wanted to say "thank you"
    All day, in my mind I envisioned meeting Eddie...tonight would not be complete without completing the circle. But, instead of just checking off an item on my bucket list...I found some meaning for this journey through life. It's the bond, this undeniable attraction towards a passionate embodiment of living. Drawn to share, to spread joy and to truly Love.
    My courage was emboldened by (Meesha) from New York...66 shows since your first in 98', your enthusiasm energized my spirit and gave me hope, what you shared kept me warm, despite your absence, hope Denver was awesome. To Kat and her boyfriend, glad you improvised actual warming on those lamps and were able to share what is bound to be a memory for the ages. But for the young budding guitar player, I am honored to have shared in your experience. I like to believe my words gave you the strength and fortitude to maintain patience and capture the spark that ignites dreams. We all wanted you to meet Eddie...positive energy, positive mindset...WE all shared a common goal, watching your reaction when Eddie hopped out of the SUV and strolled over to see you. Epic. Yes, I too was allowed an embrace, even gave Eddie a small token of my appreciation with a gift, but if there was ever a message tonight, it's to NEVER "Yield" to your dreams!!! Thank You!!! <

Pittsburgh 13
    Milwaukee 14
    >

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

FoxyRedLa said:

\m/ - I have to confess I did not catch on #-o I'm so lame! Lol! Silly enough I did notice the untitled intro and hummus outro! I was just too busy rocking the F OUT!!!

4 shows this run and my knees are all jacked up from hitting/leaning/jumping/ being all cramped in those arena seats!

All I can say is - \m/ f'in amazing set! Incredible! Fantastic!

Until next time! Waaahhh! Whooo!

My shins are beat to hell from the seat backs in St. Paul. I'm still stoked from last night. I'm trying no to annoy the hell out of my wife by talking about it nonstop.
    It's Wed. I'm back to work and I'm still smiling from ear to ear! You can talk my ear off anytime! What a tour! :D
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    Yield is one of if not my favourite album. What an awesome treat for all at this show
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    jp307677 said:

My two favorite albums played front to back within 3 shows....just unbelieveable.

If Denver gets Vitalogy......
  • Options
    goodforyou19goodforyou19 Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 74
    Wow. Just holy s, what an incredible hometown show. 10-c reserved Section 213 row B. The band was on fire and the crowd was right there with them. Ed played the Chicago/Milwaukee 'rivalry' just right. What an awesome time.

Also got TM tix for the No Code show in Moline - would've never thought that show would be topped, but then we get Yield in MKE just a few days later. Can't believe it. Definitely makes up for getting shut out of the Wrigley lottery and not finding a ticket outside of Wrigley the day of the show.

Thank you PJ for not only coming to the Midwest, but blowing us away. Twice!
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    http://deadspin.com/matt-flynn-had-a-hell-of-a-time-at-last-nights-pearl-ja-1648860350

not sure if this was posted, guess matt flynn thought #10 was for him ?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    back at the office after a week of road trippin and what a great time I had. Couldn't have picked 4 better shows to see in a row (Detroit through Milwaukee, shows 87-90 for me) and wanted to say thanks to the band and the fan club (even though I only won 1 of 8 lotteries) :)>-

Milwaukee was phenom. I'm still buzzing even after 13 hours on interstate 80 to get home

• Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Thanks Sea !! I like the way you describe the show !!
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Simply amazing night. After hearing about Moline I told the wife I hope they play Yield in Milwaukee. Band was on point and fired up right from the beginning.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    f'n yield, man. i'm still riding that post-show high. really, it's a three show high that started in moline. what an incredible, exhausting weekend of shows.

i agree with whoever said milwaukee didn't have the same 'feel' as moline. for me, at least, red dot as the intro music was the giveaway, and going into mym after one slow song and then baba at slot #5 was just more evidence as to what was going to go down. and enough fans were aware of moline that i suspect a lot of them picked up on exactly the same things i did, so there probably wasn't that collective 'aha!' moment that made the moline show get to the next level in terms of crowd reaction and excitement. still, that doesn't take away from the performance at all, which was just wonderful to witness and be a part of. everyone around us in ga was thrilled, and it made for a great environment.

we set up on stone's side and ended up being right next to theo epstein for the majority of the show. either he wasn't recognized or those that did let him alone, which i thought was cool for him. props to him for having a good time in the pit with us common folk.
  • Options
    tottototto Posts: 291
    nycrats said:

http://deadspin.com/matt-flynn-had-a-hell-of-a-time-at-last-nights-pearl-ja-1648860350

nycrats said:

Rodgers said on his radio show that Flynn gave Ed the jersey.

Milwaukee, 7/8/95
    Milwaukee, 6/30/06
    East Troy, 9/3/11
    East Troy, 9/4/11
    San Jose, Costa Rica 11/20/11
    Manchester, England 6/20/12
    London, Canada 7/16/13
    Chicago, 7/19/13
    Charlottesville, 10/29/13 *** Favorite Show****
    Milwaukee, 10/20/14
    Chicago, 8/20/18
    Boston, 9/4/18
    St. Louis, 9/18/22
    St Paul, 8/31/23
    St Pau,l 9/2/23
    Austin, 9/18/23
    Austin, 9/19/23
    Chicago, 8/29/24
    Chicago, 8/31/24
  • Options
    Aaron Rodgers radio show the day after the concert. Talks about the show at the beginning.
    http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=360
  • Options
    dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    RM211166 said:

First saw the band live was at Summerfest on 7/9/95.

That was my first show too!
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • Options
    Wow! Three days later and I still can't stop thinking about this show. I haven't seen them live since 2000 at Alpine Valley. It was worth the wait!
  • Options
    Thank you. To the tribe...you are some of the best people I've ever met and not met on FB. TO the band, just Thank you.
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said.

I bought our tickets for my husband for his birthday (which is actually next week, but whatever) because seeing PJ live was something he'd wanted to do for a long, long time. I'd say roughly 24 years long. ;)

Sounds like I hit the jackpot. :D

I've always been a more casual fan in the past; I liked Ten, Vs, and Vitalogy and a handful of other things. But something clicked with me during that show, and well, here I am. :)

Someone upthread used the term "soul recharge", which before this show I would have smiled politely at and mentally rolled my eyes. No more. That's *exactly* what this show did for me. It's now Thursday and I'm finally starting to feel more grounded again. But better than I was before, that's for certain.

As a transplanted FIB, the part with Eddie and the cheesehead hat was the stuff cherished memories are made of. "I'm from Chicago, I can't put this on!" YES I forgive him the Packer's jersey, because of the happy coincidence of it being numbered 10. I still side-eyed him though, a little.

I really wanted one of those awesome aqua scarves, but none of the merch stands had any left. Oh well.

So now I join the throngs of "when can I do it again?". Please let it be sooner than later! [-O<
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    cmarch007cmarch007 Fishers, IN Posts: 293
    My review of Milwaukee...

For my fellow diehard Pearl Jam fans, last night was an experience of a lifetime... (Go figure it happens during my only show without Sheila!).

After finishing the 4th song of the night, Eddie Vedder told us, "You're gonna see us do things a little different tonight than you're used to seeing." Moments later, Rick Nielsen, the lead guitarist for 'Cheap Trick' was brought on stage to help cover 'The Who's- Baba O'Riley' (which typically is in the second encore), and I think "Wow that was really early in the set."

PJ then plays two of my favorites (Brain of J & Faithful) and during then next song 'No Way', I realize Pearl Jam is playing the 'Yield' album in order, front to back... The Ten Club GA pit started to realize we were getting a very special performance too, and I start seeing messages hitting my phone from fellow fans I've met at other shows, who were following along at home.

We got 3 hour & 12 minutes of music with 35 songs. I finally heard several songs I've waited to hear after 8 shows (In Hiding, Crazy Mary, Brain of J) plus a pretty cool Eddie Vedder solo of Tom Petty's 'Won't Back Down'.

Plus a few non-song highlights of Eddie refusing to wear a foam cheesehead that was thrown on stage because he's from Chicago; singing in an audience sing along video for Tom Petty's birthday; booing Packers QB Aaron Rodgers who was in the audience but cheering when Eddie mention a straight up trade for him w/ Jay Cutler; and finally during 'Yellow Ledbetter' having Eddie Vedder point to me 3x to get my attention to tell me he liked my Jonathan Toews Blackhawks jersey.
    Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Noblesville - May 07, 2010
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin- Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL. July 19, 2013
    Pittsburgh - Oct 11, 2013
    Buffalo - Oct 12, 2013 GA-rail in McCready'ville
    Cincinnati - Oct 1st, 2014 GA 
    St. Louis - Oct 3rd, 2014
    Yield, WI (aka Milwaukee) - Oct 20, 2014 GA 7 people deep McCreadyville
    Lexington, KY (GA - 2nd row between Ed & Jeff!!!)
    Wrigley Field '16 N1 (GA)
    Wrigley Field '16 N2 
    Wrigley Field '18 (N1)
    Wrigley Field '18 N2 (GA)
  • Options
    mill070995mill070995 Wisconsin Posts: 28
    edited October 2014
    I needed a few days to recover from the show. Here are my notes:

-My friend and I got there sometime around 3:30-4:00, and we pondered if getting there at that time was even worth it with some guys in line from Cleveland since it seemed like we were in the middle of the pack. We ended up about 7-8 people away from the middle of the stage between Jeff and Eddie without skipping ahead of anyone. It was the closest I’ve ever been, so thanks Ten Club. Also, NFNT, last names A-E don’t need their own Ten Club ticket line in Milwaukee.

-Yield. When they started Faithfull, a bunch of dudes started high-fiving each other and yelling “they’re playing Yield”. So now every time I think of this show or Yield I want to high five someone.

- The band seemed happy to be in Milwaukee and played really well. Jeff retired Bobby Dandridge’s jersey. Eddie wore a Packers Jersey during Fuckin’ Up. Mike’s solos in Even Flow, Crazy Mary, and Alive were just unbelievable. And I saw ushers who probably had never heard of Pearl Jam watching him during the Star Spangled Banner. Stone needs some props too. He really ripped shit up, especially on Fuckin’ Up and MFC.

-When I first saw Pearl Jam at Summerfest in 1995, they did not want to play Jeremy anymore and played an alternative version. I understood, and I was in the Jeremy’s haters club for a brief stint too. Fast forward to the Bradley Center 2014. They all really seemed to get into it and played it well. It reminded me why I love this band.

-One of my favorite parts of the show occurred during a Sleeping By Myself, which I honestly did not care if I ever heard live at a Pearl Jam show. The song sounded good, but when Eddie reached for the ukulele for the end of the song, it seemed like he and everyone in the band got these big grins on their faces. Who knows, maybe I imagined it.

-I’m a diehard Packers fan, but Aaron Rodgers requested an Eddie Vedder solo song (Setting Forth) at a Pearl Jam concert? WTF? Individual before team from the QB? Did the rest of the guys refuse to meet him before the show or something? If you are on the spot and don’t know what to request, you say Release dog.

-And why didn’t Jeff play Sweet Lew? It seemed like he was going to right before Yellow Ledbetter.

Sorry for the tangent at the end. Thanks Pearl Jam for the awesome show.
    Post edited by mill070995 on
    Milwaukee 7-9-95; East Troy 6-26-98; East Troy 10-8-00; Milwaukee 6-29-06; Milwaukee 6-30-06; East Troy 9-3-11; East Troy 9-4-11; Portland 11-29-13; Milwaukee 10-20-14; Chicago 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18; Seattle 8-10-18; Chicago 8-18-18
    (Ed) Milwaukee 8-19-08; Phoenix 11-4-12
  • Options
    I just arrived in Brazil and Milwaukee was one of the best concerts ive been. I was in front row and my friend had a Cheese from packers and I had the request : RATS we did a joke... my rata in the sign was eating cheese so Eddie saw it and told was a really nice request. And playes rats... one of my fav song.. they seems so happy to do it. Eddie also signed a bottle of wine and gave me in the end of y ledbetter. He told me thank u for coming soo far again to see them. Perfect they are amazingggg. Ans the show was very special
  • Options

I needed a few days to recover from the show.

-I’m a diehard Packers fan, but Aaron Rodgers requested an Eddie Vedder solo song (Setting Forth) at a Pearl Jam concert? WTF? Individual before team from the QB? Did the rest of the guys refuse to meet him before the show or something? If you are on the spot and don’t know what to request, you say Release dog.

Aaron said on his radio show that he actually requested Society because it was one of the first song he learned to play on guitar, the first being a Ben Harper song. Don't remember which one. He also said the trade conversation never happened. Matt Flynn gave the 10 Packers jersey to Eddie.

• Options
    Best album by one of the best bands!

HEY BOYS, TORONTO, OR MONTREAL WOULD BE A GREAT PLACE TO TRY THAT AGAIN. ANY ALBUM, REALLY.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    PorchRadioPorchRadio Aurora, IL Posts: 233
    edited October 2014
    This is gonna go down as one of my favorite shows because of playing Yield front to back, but also because it was my 10 year old's first show. I wasn't sure how he like this, he has been to a few concerts, and listens to some PJ with me, but a 3 hour show....I thought by the end of the night I may have regretted my decision to let him go with me. Oh, how wrong I was.

Kid was a trooper. He has been looking forward to this for a while, and when we got there, he wanted to get in line right away to get a poster. We missed the posters outside by 10 minutes, but he didn't let that deter him. He just let me know that we would have to make sure we got in line early enough to get in to grab one. He wanted to hang it on his wall. Ok Son, will do.

We headed over to Safe House because I heard about the spy theme, and he loved it. Left and got in line, and I have never seen this boy so patient waiting in line for over an hour. Got in, and went to the table, and was a little worried as there was already a crowd there (now I know I should have just went upstairs). Get to the front and we can see the stack disappearing. We had been talking to the guy in line next to us, and when he finally got ahold of a sales person, he asked for 4. Stack almost gone. Then when the guy brings him his 4, he says no, 2 are for me and 2 are for them. Thank you so much whoever you are, as they were gone a second later. Seriously made me a very happy father, and justified to my son his spending 3 hours of his day waiting in lines.

Finally show time. Kid loves him some Mind Your Manners so that got him instantly jumping and singing. Once they hit Yield, he asked me what was going on as he could see everyone was freaking out a little. Let him know they were playing a full album. He said "Like the other show you and Mom went to? You must be happy!" Indeed I was boy. He really got into Faithful, Given to Fly, DTE. He thought Push Me Pull Me was weird, but cool. He got really into Even Flow (see there is still an audience for that song everyone!). He loves Sirens and was singing along.

There were a few times I saw his energy level start to dip, and being the top notch father I am, we went and got him some Mountain Dew to load him back up with sugar and caffeine. Right back to jumping and clapping (I know, I know. I normally don't let him have to much of the stuff, but he was starting to crash). We were both pointing and giving each other high fives when Eddie was out in the crowd singing Porch. I also got quite a weird look from him when they played Fuckin Up, which I just shrugged and said it's the song, just don't sing it to your Mother.

He now has his poster hung in his room and says he would never sell it, and that I should hang mine so we will always have the same poster from the show hanging wherever we live (heart literally melted), and I will do that ASAP. He can't wait until they come back around so he can see them again.

Best Father-Son night I could have ever dreamt up. Thanks PJ, and thank you everyone around us for being so awesome!

Peace.

(Sorry for the length...I get wordy)
    Post edited by PorchRadio on
    1995 Soldier Field, Chicago
    1998 Alpine Valley, WI
    2000 Indianapolis, IN
    2011 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2013 Wrigley Field
    2013 Voodoo Fest New Orleans, LA
    2014 Moline, IL (No Code)
    2014 Milwaukee, WI (Yield)
    2016 Greenville, SC (Vs)
    2016 Columbia, SC
    2016 Bonnaroo
    2016 Wrigley I & II
  • Options
    datfly1datfly1 Posts: 27
    imagephoto P1790449crisp_zpsbcbfd0a7.jpg" />

imagephoto P1790317crisp_zpsdba86154.jpg" />
  • Options
    datfly1datfly1 Posts: 27
    edited October 2014
    Milwaukee
    Post edited by datfly1 on
  • Options
    ianh42ianh42 Posts: 200
    edited October 2014
    Here we are a weekend removed from the show, and I keep coming back to the Forum. This show was so great for so many reasons as many have pointed out throughout this thread. I've been to 20+ shows and somehow things just seem to escalate every time. These guys collectively are SO GOOD and never cease to amaze me. My wife has been to all but one of those 20+ shows and her socks were blown off too. We've had music and specifically Pearl Jam as a common interest, and a bonding/connection that has helped us through some good and bad.

Highlights of the show for me/us - I knew something was up when MYM came on second. I was a bit disappointed because I was certain they would do Of The Girl as one of three openers given the poster and it's heavy weighted feel. I'm still not positive what the message is, but I get a sense that women's abuse and domestic violence or worse are being brought forefront with the blindfold. We definitely need to rid our society of that shit. Another diatribe so back to highlights. When the belted in to Baba O Reilly song 5 I really knew this was going to be a "different" show. I was stoked when I heard Brain and Faithful and had heard a few guys around even pre-show that they might play all of Yield. Are you f'ng kidding me! So great. I have a hard time picking a favorite album because they all mean so much to me for varieties of reasons. The Tom Petty birthday and cover of I Won't Back Down was bitchin' and brought back an EV show memory when we were second row and he played that one for us in Santa Barbara. The one cover my wife and I wanted, Crazy Mary, came on and we went nuts. They totally rocked it. We got a great video and envious of those on the rail that got a taste of Eddie's bottleS of wine. Then to close out the show Eddie busts out a Vedder Packers jersey and Stone puts a cheesehead on. I'm a so Cal native but became a huge Packers fan in the 90's. We went to the game on Sunday which was awesome. We don't travel much but we tend to see every show we can from Los Angeles north to Santa Barbara even as far up as Oakland and definitely south to San Diego. Only seen them outside of CA twice with 10 year anniv Vegas show and in DC in 2008. Man am I glad we decided to hit the road and see them in Milwaukee. Great city with cool people and especially enjoyed meeting HILDE and his buddies Dan, Pete and Tom that we pre-partied with. Glad we were able to hook you up!!! If anybody bought an extra poster let me know. We were shut out.

The only regret I have is not booking the trip to include Denver after...LOL
    Post edited by ianh42 on
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(