• Options
    I would love another show at Wrigley. Dub it "Let's try this again"
    Wrigley 2013 Cinci 2014
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    lolobugg said:

pjradio said:

lolobugg said:

had no idea they were popular enough to play Wrigley.
    last time I saw them was in 2000 in a large club

they sold out 2 consecutive nights at Wembley....86,000 each night

Wembley
    fuck me,
    it's like the worse their albums got- the more popular they got...
    strange days indeed.
    Indeed! :))
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Let me know if Dave grohl screams unnecessarily or does something clichéd for a rock star...

Love the Foos and Dave. Didn't realize that they are so polarizing? BTW - Isnt cliche and rockstar an oximoron? its part of the deal - saying goodnight before an encore break, we are going to play allnight, etc? Its all good and part of the experience of going to a show. I would rather the lead singer get fired up, or get the crowd fired up, then just go out and sing...
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    Did anyone get tickets today? I got through the virtual waiting room 15 minutes after the tickets went on sale and couldn't even get any singles to come up!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    jeff2040 said:

Did anyone get tickets today? I got through the virtual waiting room 15 minutes after the tickets went on sale and couldn't even get any singles to come up!

Nope. It was the most demoralizing ticket purchasing attempt ever!
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    edited October 2014
    Suziemay said:

jeff2040 said:

Nope. It was the most demoralizing ticket purchasing attempt ever!
    I agree! It was bringing back the bad memories of trying to get PJ Wrigley tickets! :(
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Sales today huh ? Wonder how fast it will sell out
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    Can't wait to tune into the live feed over @ http://www.earthcam.com/usa/illinois/chicago/wrigleyfield/?cam=wrigleyfield_hd . I got that dollar for water. ;)
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited October 2014
    demetrios said:

Can't wait to tune into the live feed over @ http://www.earthcam.com/usa/illinois/chicago/wrigleyfield/?cam=wrigleyfield_hd . I got that dollar for water. ;)

I need someone to record it for me since I probably won't be able to sit home & listen to the show
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Wrigley was a disaster for PJ. File it under "Things that should have never been."
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    edited October 2014
    lolobugg said:

Sold out Wrigley in 20 minutes. Wonder if that beats PJs record time last year?
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
    edited October 2014

Wrigley was a disaster for PJ. File it under "Things that should have never been."

I disagree, they couldn't control weather and there was a band playing the next day (although knowing the weather was inevitable they could have started at 7:30 instead of 8:15 and knocked out an extra 45 mins.). I feel that the Cubs should have done the right thing and invited them back this year. The original set list containing 41 songs, ending with Baba, Rockin and YL!?!?, would have been not only one of their longest shows ever but also INSANE!! And even though there was a 3 hour rain delay, anytime a stadium literally sells out of all available alcoholic beverages is good business for those getting the profits. Let em have a redo
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    But, if they started 45 mins earlier, they would have played a 15-18 song set, as opposed to 9 songs, and probably wouldn't have had the clout to push the show back to 2am. The venue and the neighbors would have said "nah, you got a full show in already." Plus, when has a rock show ever started on time?

I kinda like that it was "OTOTO." That show and that night was epic and amazing and special on all levels. I ain't even mad that we didn't get Betterman, Baba, Alive and YL. I liked it just the way it was =)
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    edited October 2014
    I had a blast a Wrigley. Talk about memorable.

Edit: matter of fact I still have my battered and war-torn ticket stub stuck in the corner of my mirror. I dunno man I see the humour in the situation. And I got "innocent bystander"-ed at that show for the only time ever at a PJ show. Some people think of it too seriously and consider it a shit show in a bad way, instead of a fun way. I am not one of them. :)
    Post edited by ldent42 on
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

.......or does something clichéd for a rock star...

You mean like marry a model.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    lolobugg said:

pjradio said:

lolobugg said:

Wembley
    fuck me,
    strange days indeed.
    lotta hate in this thread being spewed towards Dave and the FF...

the man is a rock star... and he loves it. One of the few left... at least he doesn't spend his time pretending he's not, unlike this band... the genre needs a few.. Say what you want, rock and roll needs an icon right now for the next generation, and PJ decided long ago that they don't want to be that band (and yea I know, half the people reading this are saying, "that's why I love them"... but anyway)...

fact is, his band is making great music... the last album was stellar and i'm sure the next will be as well...

if you need to go hate on some music, find some EDM artist to go flame... not the man who will be left holding the torch when rock and roll has died...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options

.......or does something clichéd for a rock star...

You mean like marry a model.
    Hahaha! :)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I agree with Shep.

I never realized that there were so many PJ fans who felt so negative toward the foos
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    MayDay10 said:

I agree with Shep.

I never realized that there were so many PJ fans who felt so negative toward the foos

Funny, cause it seems there are a lot of PJ fans who only like bands that PJ approves of or are friends with.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    shep said:

lolobugg said:

pjradio said:

lolobugg said:

Wembley
    fuck me,
    strange days indeed.
    lotta hate in this thread being spewed towards Dave and the FF...

the man is a rock star... and he loves it. One of the few left... at least he doesn't spend his time pretending he's not, unlike this band... the genre needs a few.. Say what you want, rock and roll needs an icon right now for the next generation, and PJ decided long ago that they don't want to be that band (and yea I know, half the people reading this are saying, "that's why I love them"... but anyway)...

fact is, his band is making great music... the last album was stellar and i'm sure the next will be as well...

if you need to go hate on some music, find some EDM artist to go flame... not the man who will be left holding the torch when rock and roll has died...
    I don't hate the foos..
    I saw them when they were starting out in 95/96 and still playing club shows....
    I saw them share a double bill with Tonic!!!! yuck
    I was simply stating that I find it funny that during (IMO) their best 3 albums they were marginally popular but now that they are putting out mediocre music they are playing Wembley and Wrigley.
    I respect Dave Grohl for overcoming all the shit he has dealt with and continuing on.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    I feel like I should like them a lot more than I do. I have none of their albums and have never seen them live. That being said I did attempt to get Wrigley tix and failed.

I wouldn't mind seeing them live. I've been watching their HBO series and, while interesting to watch, the music doesn't do much for me.

Stacked Actors, Breakout, The Pretender I really like....some of the more popular songs (Let it Die, Times like These, etc.) make me want to projectile vomit

To their credit, if I had the albums I might find other gems that I like more. PJ definitely has some songs that make me projectile vomit (Just Breathe, Sirens, The End, etc)
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    Generic rock band.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    There live show is the one thing I have witnessed that really goes into the same category as a PJ show. Maybe I just witnessed a great night... but the show was long, good, and unpredictable. (maybe a trifle loud though, lol). It was a fabulous live show, and Krist came on!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    MayDay10 said:

There live show is the one thing I have witnessed that really goes into the same category as a PJ show. Maybe I just witnessed a great night... but the show was long, good, and unpredictable. (maybe a trifle loud though, lol). It was a fabulous live show, and Krist came on!

i've seen them 3 times now and it's always a treat.

the first time I saw them three songs into the show at the ACC in toronto Dave Grohl said "We have some friends here tonight... please welcome Alex and Geddy"... then the entire band put down their instruments except Taylor, who proceeded to play YYZ in Toronto with 2/3rds of Rush...

Dave steps back up to the mic and says, "Playing YYZ in T.O with Alex and Geddy? That takes BALLS!"....

I was hooked from that moment on.

Can't believe they just announced a show at the Ryman for Friday night... if flights weren't 1000$+ return from H-town I would be on my way there... that would be a bucket list show for me...

although by the math, it looks like a good chance of a date in Austin the end of next week... Stubbs' schedule is wide open... :)

Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited October 2014
    MayDay10 said:

I agree with Shep.

I don't feel negative beyond not liking the sound of their music at all. Can't stand it, actually. Frankly, their sound/style reminds me a bit of Nickelback. Kind of canned rock IMO. It's not like I feel animosity towards them or anything though, lol. And i know that theu have a ton of fans, so yay, they are all happy. ;) And FF do definitely treat their fans well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    They're incredibly legit for what they are. If someone is going to be the kings of arena rock im glad its these guys who have deep roots in punk and real rock n roll.

They truly rock out and they dont act like Poison on or off stage. How can u insult that?
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    surprised this is still here
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    I looked into getting tix for this show and nothing came up after having to wait in the "virtual waiting room". Makes one really appreciate 10c's lottery.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

Awesome! Love the Foo!

+1
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I looked into getting tix for this show and nothing came up after having to wait in the "virtual waiting room". Makes one really appreciate 10c's lottery.

It also makes you appreciate ticketmaster.

Literally no control over the virtual waiting room. TM is tough, especially for high demand shows, but at least it feels like you have a shot. Tickets.com blows