Options

Bridge School Benefit - what do people wear to it?

OK this may be a really silly question, but what do people wear to the Bridge School concerts? Is it jeans and tshirt as usual or something nicer (especially if you're in the 100s seats). I've never been and it just seems like it should be a fancier occasion, although I can't imagine that Uncle Neil will dress up any, and past photos of PJ show them in their usual wear. Any opinions? And does it get really cold at night?
...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    A rain proof poncho and marijuana.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    Regular, casual clothing. Black tie is not required.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    + what I've seen from pics it can be rather cold so some warm clothing as well. :)

Wish I was coming. :(
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    The crowd is very casual.....no fancy duds required.....it does suddenly get cold at night, so be prepared.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    It s cold there! Layer up.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    OK. Yeah - I wasn't thinking blacktie. I was just thinking dressier casual if that makes any sense - like something a little nicer than jeans and tshirt. But I'm coming from Ohio and I haven't taken my winter stuff out of storage yet (I know - I'm procrastinating). And I was thinking it's California so bring my summer clothes, but it sounds like I'm gonna freeze if I do that. LOL

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    San Fran is always cold lol. Have fun and dress warm!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    I've been watching the weather and it seemed San Jose was about 10 degrees warmer than San Fran until about a month ago, but now they seem about the same - warm in the day and cold at night - I hate packing for this kind of weather - I always pack the wrong stuff. LOL

• Options
    So basically - people wear what they wear to any other PJ or Soundgarden concert? And too cold for sandals?

Also, is it a long walk from the parking lot to the pavilion? Thanks guys!!

• Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    Always wear layers when in the SF Bay area.
    If you get too warm just peel one off.
    Not much you can do though when you're freezing.
    Remember what Mark Twain said (more or less):
    "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco".
  • Options
    shecky said:

I have heard Mark Twain's quote before but forgot about it. I used to live in SF when I was a small kid but can't remember the weather. So is it really windy at the Bridge School venue being close to the water and all? I watched one of the SF Giants playoff games where the wind was about 22mph and the outfielders couldn't tell where the ball was going to land. It isn't cold enough that you can see your breath is it?

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I.O.U sweater...Z. Cavarichi's..and Zodiaks... Please no socks!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    have a blast, I've done it twice and if it werent for work I'd do it again.

Also what to where in DENVER.....Near 80 during the day, low 40's at night wtf. Ive been taking Airborne like nobodys business
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Your favourite St.Louis Cardinals jersey... :P
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I wore my Neil shirt on Saturday, PJ on Sunday. And it does get cold at night, so bring a hoodie or jacket. Have a great time! (Oh, and it is especially chilly on the lawn, just in case you are sitting there) One year it rained, so I wore a water proof jacket. Hopefully, you will get plenty of sunshine!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    The forecast looks great until Saturday... Cold and rainy.

I'm coming from Florida for this show and it's in the 80's here.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Does anyone know if cooler bags are allowed in the venue? Thanks
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    I saw that too - 60% chance of rain and lows in the 50s on Saturday night.
    No worries - some of my best Bridge School memories happened in the rain!
    Just be prepared and bring rain gear.
    You can buy an inexpensive poncho (under $5.00) at any sporting goods store and it'll fit right in your back pocket.
    See you there!
  • Options

shecky said:

I have heard Mark Twain's quote before but forgot about it. I used to live in SF when I was a small kid but can't remember the weather. So is it really windy at the Bridge School venue being close to the water and all? I watched one of the SF Giants playoff games where the wind was about 22mph and the outfielders couldn't tell where the ball was going to land. It isn't cold enough that you can see your breath is it?
    Venue is not really in San Francisco. It is in Mountain View which is right next door to San Jose. I've seen a few shows there including a Bridge School show. Be prepared for a pretty cold night. A light jacket will likely not be enough; I'd go with something a bit heavier. And as noted previously...layers are the best way to go.
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I thought everyone decided to go streaking and enjoy the show in their bday suits. Didn't you guys get the email? =))
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Ive heard strictly suits and tuxedos. They do keep a limited amount of bow ties and neck ties at the door if you arrive dressed in an unsatisfactory manner.
  • Options
    FaithfulOneFaithfulOne Bend, Oregon Posts: 49
    Are the seats under cover?
  • Options

Are the seats under cover?

I'd estimate that only about a half of the seats are under cover.
    All of the 100s sections and only the first few rows of the 200s are covered.
    All the rest of the venue is uncovered.
    As I suggested in another thread, there is a 60% chance of rain on Saturday so be prepared and bring rain gear or at least an inexpensive poncho.
    Bridge School in the rain can be a blast but not if you're soaked - it's a VERY long show!

• Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829

A rain proof poncho and marijuana.

:))
    There are a lot of old hippies walking around, you see everything, there is no need to dress up.
    I think we will get wet on Saturday for sure, so a poncho is required.
    Some seats are partly covered if you are seated on either far wing, most all seats have no cover.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

OK. Yeah - I wasn't thinking blacktie. I was just thinking dressier casual if that makes any sense - like something a little nicer than jeans and tshirt. But I'm coming from Ohio and I haven't taken my winter stuff out of storage yet (I know - I'm procrastinating). And I was thinking it's California so bring my summer clothes, but it sounds like I'm gonna freeze if I do that. LOL

Geeze! You must be well south of Canton because we already had snow a few weeks ago. Brrr! Frosty mornings and cool/cold evenings.

Have a great time! May you be warm and toasty.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    drew42edrew42e Posts: 74
    StevieG said:

Does anyone know if cooler bags are allowed in the venue? Thanks

I believe you can bring in soft coolers with food and maybe unopened bottled water.
    9/8/98 Newark, NJ, 10/31/00 Mountain View, CA, 10/20/01 Mountain View, CA (Bridge School 15), 7/6/06 Las Vegas, NV, 8/28/09 SF, CA, 10/31/09 Philly, PA, 10/23/10 Mountain View, CA (Bridge School 24), 09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI, 11/23/13 LA1, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, WI
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    togas
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Typically, Mountain View is cooler than other Bay Area cities. The park is 700-acres with a 50-acre lake and 10 miles of trails around the lake, tidal marshes, and salt pond - worth it if you have the time. After the rain, if there's a peculiar smell it's not your neighbor! The Shoreline Amphitheatre was built on a land fill and will smell especially pungent should it rain. The wind becomes stronger in the evening as the temperature drops. A rain proof lightweight jacket and lightweight gloves wouldn't be a bad idea. Dressing in layers is definitely recommended. Downtown Mountain View on Castro Street has many restaurants and bars if you're looking for some after the concert fun.
  • Options
    en2776en2776 Sacramento, CA Posts: 15
    I come prepared; windbreaker, sweatshirt, gloves, beanie, baseball cap, extra socks, long sleeve shirt, down vest and/or a second jacket. There have been years I've worn nothing but a t-shirt and shorts and others I've been bundled up. It's supposed to rain on Saturday so expect it to be wet and cold.
  • Options
    typically, my wife and i wear the green leaves of a magnolia to cover genatalia, whilst my wife's long hair covers her bosom.
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV