Options

*** St. Paul Fanviews Here 10/19/14 ***

Comments

• Options
    vant0037 said:

vant0037 said:

Second show for me, first in the pit. I saw them in Spokane last year and would say this experience was very similar. Solid setlist, lots of energy, but overall the crowd seems old and zombified. I was bouncing around, enjoying the show, but it seemed the rest of GA who are all 20+ years older than me didn't want to even smile. Loved the slow beginning and then breaking it all out with GO. Other highlights were Why go, I Got Shit, and looking at the crowd during Imagine

Not sure where you were, but wow. Could've have had a different experience. I thought the energy was unreal.
    I was about 10 rows back straight behind Ed. Obviously the energy was great, but the people I was surrounded by were too old and lame for the pit. I had a great time, and am not complaining, just surprised as any other GA ive been in is crazier than this, including shitty little shows in Montana.
    Weird. That's sort of where we were. The people around us were really into it. Now granted, not everyone pogoes to every song (something I find a little odd actually as it's nearly impossible to pogo on beat to most music), but nearly everyone around me was fist-pumping, finger-pointing, air-guitaring, singing and had hands in the air the entire time.

Haha, maybe you were right by us? :) Mike's side about 6 rows back.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    First show ever and I still haven't come up with the words to describe it. Truly amazing might be one way to describe it... Religious experience might be another. :)

What was up with the house lights going on during the last encore? Is that normal, or was the bldg management trying to tell them to get out?
  • Options
    House lights up for the last song or two is very common for Pearl Jam. I think its nice. After having 3 hours of the band in mood/atmospheric lighting its nice to end the show with "full visibility" of the band and stage. Also PJ gets to see the crowd as well.

This is also not unique to Pearl Jam. Metallica did the same thing for the show I saw at target center.

I'll write my fan view when I get home tonight.
    2023-09-02 St. Paul, MN
    2023-08-31 St. Paul, MN
    2018-08-08 Seattle, WA
    2016-08-20 Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2014-10-19 St.Paul, MN
    2010-05-03 Kansas City, MO
    2009-08-24 Chicago, IL
    2008-06-25 New York, NY
    2007-08-05 Chicago, IL
    2006-06-26 St. Paul, MN
    2003-06-16 St. Paul, MN
    2000-08-10 East Troy, WI - The Ice Bowl
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis, MN
  • Options
    SwantonSwanton Posts: 77
    This was my first time in the GA pit and we lined up about 30 minutes before the door opened. We might have been a bit closer but I had to get in line for the SWEET Ames Bros poster with vikings and the Conan-like banner. That took a good 10-15 minutes so we ended up between Ed and Stone about 10-15 people back from the stage. It was wild being that close, and the people around us were great.

Everyone seemed really into the show - singing, pumping fists in the air, bouncing around. There were a few guys who obviously wanted to start a mosh pit, and seemed pissed that no one else wanted to participate. Another dude was using the "let's mosh" technique to get himself closer and closer to the stage; lame. I will say that no one looked bored! And when Ed got into the crowd during Porch, everyone (politely) shifted forward and got closer to the stage. Overall, great experience in the pit.

I think this was my 7th or 8th show. I most recently saw them in Wrigley and Seattle last year. Those shows were also great - in different ways. I loved the duo of Pendulum and Release as a starter; ending with Indifference was a nice bookend. One of the things I really noticed in Seattle (I had tickets behind the stage) was how much fun THEY seem to be having when they play. That really translated during this show as well, and it helped that I could really see their facial expressions and such from the pit. There were fun moments like the band turning around to play to the back of the arena and Ed started to play Matt's drums. Matt looked over his shoulder and the two of them shared a laugh about it. Little things like that; it seems they genuinely enjoy playing and feed off the audience.

Some great classics like Black and Alive, and I thought Unthought Known was one of the highlights. It was a cool touch for Ed to wear a Minnesota Wild jersey and play Setting Forth from the Into the Wild soundtrack. If only it was Hard Sun... ;)

Thanks for playing Minnesota!
    You will try.
  • Options
    MH17764MH17764 Brooklyn Park, MN Posts: 10
    Amazing show! Even though it was filled with lots of hits, they came with amazing energy! They sounded great and Ed sounded the best that I have ever seen in the 5 shows that I have seen now. It seems like I have always seen them when he is sick.
    I was really hoping for Release as the opener but was blown away after they played it 2nd, did not see that coming.
    The set list was awesome, some of my favorites, where Release, I got ID, Unthought Known (loved this song since seeing it on Ed's solo show), Imagine and Footsteps. The energy that came straight from the beginning was great, especially when they got right to it with Go and did not let off until they slowed it down again in the first encore.
    I have mixed reviews on the crowd, they seemed to be into every song and signing almost every word, but became quiet in between songs, especially at the end of the show. I think everyone was not expecting them to be done after Indifference, or they were just completing blown away from what they just saw.
    We were in the GA Pit about 6-7 people back from Mike, who was on fire last night and had tons of energy as usual. I thought that the floor was definitely into it throughout the whole show. I got in line about 5:30 and was several 100 back from the front of the line, but was able to get right in and get pretty damn close to the stage. I would say that unless you really want to be on the rail, I would not wait all day in line.
    So glad to see them come back to St. Paul and I sure hope that we do not have to wait another 11 years to see them here again!
    6/30/1998 - Minneapolis, MN 6/15/2003 - Fargo, ND 6/16/2003 - St. Paul, MN 7/02/2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV solo) 10/19/2014 - St. Paul, MN
  • Options
    Last night was show 15 for me. It was a cool show, but no moline, what can be! Went to a bar before the show and got smoked on vodka red Bulls. Highlights of show were lbc, footsteps and life wasted. During porch my brother, who was smoked- mind u, thought that was the show, I hit him with a surprise left that left his jaw hurting. On the way back to the best western the cabbie took a surprise left that almost put my bros head through the window. He was done for after that. Got juiced up at the bar on some captain cokes with some couple from minoqua, wi. Had to piss, got locked out of hotel room (forgot key of course) pissed down the stairwell, u gots to what u gots to do people! Passed out. On the way home for MKE show! Hopefully I dont piss in my sock drawer but I'm sure I'll try. Later!
    d2farmer
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    Bastille might catch a lot of heat on these boards but props to the band for finishing their show and heading to watch the end of the first set and encore. They caught a lot of heat on Twitter from their "fans" who thought the band should have been out in the parking lot doing a meet and greet with all of them instead of watching PJ. I think the band made the right choice.
  • Options
    d2farmer said:

Last night was show 15 for me. It was a cool show, but no moline, what can be! Went to a bar before the show and got smoked on vodka red Bulls. Highlights of show were lbc, footsteps and life wasted. During porch my brother, who was smoked- mind u, thought that was the show, I hit him with a surprise left that left his jaw hurting. On the way back to the best western the cabbie took a surprise left that almost put my bros head through the window. He was done for after that. Got juiced up at the bar on some captain cokes with some couple from minoqua, wi. Had to piss, got locked out of hotel room (forgot key of course) pissed down the stairwell, u gots to what u gots to do people! Passed out. On the way home for MKE show! Hopefully I dont piss in my sock drawer but I'm sure I'll try. Later!

awesome recap
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Looks like another winner!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    MH17764MH17764 Brooklyn Park, MN Posts: 10
    Taft said:

Bastille might catch a lot of heat on these boards but props to the band for finishing their show and heading to watch the end of the first set and encore. They caught a lot of heat on Twitter from their "fans" who thought the band should have been out in the parking lot doing a meet and greet with all of them instead of watching PJ. I think the band made the right choice.

That is awesome! they know where their priorities are
    6/30/1998 - Minneapolis, MN 6/15/2003 - Fargo, ND 6/16/2003 - St. Paul, MN 7/02/2011 - Minneapolis, MN (EV solo) 10/19/2014 - St. Paul, MN
  • Options
    I'm pretty damn sure I saw Joey from Anberlin at the show. They were off yesterday and play tonight in Minneapolis.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

Second show for me, first in the pit. I saw them in Spokane last year and would say this experience was very similar. Solid setlist, lots of energy, but overall the crowd seems old and zombified. I was bouncing around, enjoying the show, but it seemed the rest of GA who are all 20+ years older than me didn't want to even smile. Loved the slow beginning and then breaking it all out with GO. Other highlights were Why go, I Got Shit, and looking at the crowd during Imagine

Spokane setlist KILLED! I was at both as well and that Gleason show was on a diff level.

• Options
    JM62957JM62957 Minneapolis, MN Posts: 8
    edited October 2014
    I’m still trying to find the right words to describe my PJ experience at the X last night. Every time I think about it too long, I get emotional. These guys! Their music! The vibes!

What a gorgeous day it was, hanging outside the venue in the afternoon, the anticipation in the air. Met some nice people, and it was fun to share our PJ experiences.

I was secretly hoping they would open with Release, so when they dove right into it after Pendulum, I kinda lost it – it just hit me. I had to dig out a tissue. I turned to my friends with tears in my eyes and we all smiled at each other, and we knew it was going to be a magical night.

This was my 10th Pearl Jam show, and it will definitely be one of the most memorable. I was in the GA pit for the first time, about 7 people back from the stage & center. At times I felt like Eddie was looking right at me when he sang – so I thought maybe he’d reach for me when it came time to hand out the tambourines? LOL. I sang at the top of my lungs – apologies to those around me. But others were doing the same, and it was great, and I didn't mind any of the off-key notes I heard, not one bit. For a moment in time we were all part of something, together, and it was wonderful.

Some say the setlist was pretty ordinary, but honestly I could not have asked for more. Going into the show I had Footsteps and Indifference in mind. Those were the two I wanted the most. In ten shows I still hadn’t gotten Indifference (I will scream my lungs out til it fills this room!), and Footsteps in just one. And they were both played! I actually also wanted Love Boat Captain – I heard it a few times in a couple days leading up to the show, and I thought how lovely it would be to hear it. And we got that, too!

I’ve always said that going to a Pearl Jam show is my ”church” – but even that is understating it. It’s a spiritual experience and a feeling that I rarely get about anything else.

I cannot wait to get my hands on this bootleg. When you’re in the pit I think it’s harder to hear the entire arena singing along, since everyone down there around you is so loud. So I’m super excited to hear it all.

The one negative: Some drunk dude wearing a Mookie Blaylock jersey and a Cubs hat came crashing into our scene, rather violently, during Corduroy, and was shoving into everyone. Was he the guy that wanted to start the mosh pit? Ended up standing right in front of my friend and I for another song and a half, standing totally still not even singing, like he was going to pass out. Finally he moved on. Saw him towards the end again, same crashing scene nearby, and people around him shoved him away. Jerk. Who gave him 10c tickets?

Damn I wish I could've told work to f off today and headed out to Milwaukee…
    Post edited by JM62957 on
    Minneapolis - Jun 30 1998East Troy - Oct 8 2000Denver - Apr 1 2003Fargo - Jun 15 2003NYC - May 21 2010East Troy / PJ20 - Sep 3 2011East Troy / PJ20 - Sep 4 2011Seattle - Dec 6 2013St. Louis - Oct 3 2014St. Paul - Oct 19 2014 Chicago - Aug 20 & 22 2016 NYC - May 1 & 2 2016 NYC - April 7 2017 Seattle - Aug 8 & 10 2018 Missoula - Aug 13 2018 Denver - Sep 22 2022 
  • Options
    madseamadsea Posts: 140
    Thank you 10C for great seats, once again. Sec. 118, row 10...Mike's side with a great view of the entire stage.

I LOVED the setlist. 4 of my absolute all time faves (Betterman, ID, Footsteps, Given) were all played and there really wasn't a "clunker" in the whole set...although, I'm still not a "Sirens" fan. We drove from Madison to StP and are now home for an hour before we head to MKE to see them again.

Ed mentioned that this was the first show his wife and kid were at and you could tell he was putting on a show for us AND them.

Also, a few very cool things...a woman in the front row has a sign that said, "3rd generation PJ fan on the way and it is a ____"....she was there with her Dad, front row and Ed got to announce that it is a boy...that was cool.

Also, at the end as Ed was doing his tamborine donations, he walked to the far side and threw one up into the crowd, destined for a small kid with headphone/ear protectors on...even from across the stage I could see the kid was in awe. There was also another small guy who was on the stage (barely) and was clearly uncomfortable, but then Ed saw him and did a VERY Dad-like dance over to him and talked to him and got him to wave to the crowd.

As a father and a fan, I'm so happy when I see the guys acting like real people...they could be "rock stars", but they clearly have their hearts and heads in the right place.

I'm not sure how we will top last night...a great show, great songs...but MKE always has high energy and PJ seems to like it there. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    SwantonSwanton Posts: 77
    Yes, that was one of the guys trying to mosh. He started out further in the back between Ed and Stone where we were standing. He tried to push through our area, got upset, then went off to the center. He tried this a few times during the show.
    You will try.
  • Options
    I met a decent amount of people that this was their first show. The place was loud, the crowd was definitely into it. To me it just seemed like some people didn't know about the call-response times and such (when to clap or throw your arms in the air with the lights, for example). Just a thought, certainly not a criticism.

Call response times? Wtf? This is a rock n roll show. People will raise their fists, clap, jump, freak out when they want to.
    Glad I hang out at shows with people far more fun

St Paul rocked! Crowd was into it, we in the back of GA were rocking out and dancing. We went to Moline as well. Different show, but that is what makes PJ so fackin awesome. It's different every night but it is always ROCKIN
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 455
    I can make this very long, because my whole experience was wild, but I'll attempt to keep it concise.
    Wife and I arrived from South Florida Saturday early afternoon and walked around the area where the arena was. Around 3pm, I saw 5 people in line. I asked if it was the GA line (jokingly I thought). It was! I had GA and really wanted to be on the rail bc I've never been very close. So.....wife told me to get some food with her and get in line. Ate something, put on my winter clothes and headed back to the line. Well at 5pm, it was now 25 people deep!! Thank God for awesome PJ fans, bc my idea of winter clothes (from South Florida remember) was nowhere close to good enough. Someone gave me a heavy coat, and another father/daughter tandem (foreshadowing!) gave me a chair to sit on and a blanket. It was a tough night for us all, but we made it. Thankfully the venue security let us all inside at 6am to stay warm.
    On to the show: it was all worth it because we ended up rail on Stone's side. Highlights were the new intro to LBC, I got Shit, and obviously being on the rail!!!
    And yes, the father and daughter that I spent all night and day in line with, and was right next to them on the rail are the ones that got Ed to reveal the sex of the baby. Her name is Shelly, and he is Scott. They are both awesome people!!! Ed actually wrote "boy" on the sign, along with "congratulations" and signed it. Can you say coolest souvenir ever?!? He then gave Scott his bottle of wine bc he told her she couldn't drink it, lol.
    It's weird being up front. I have no idea if the crowd was great or not. The crowd behind the stage def seemed to be into it.
    Finally a huge thanks to the venue security. They were there all night, and had the whole thing super organized. Plus they gave us all water during the show when it got kinda hot up there.
    Tonight will be weird because I think I'm spoiled now. Reserved seats tonight.
    Guess it ended up long after all....
  • Options
    Thanks 10C for the great tickets. I was Section 118 Row 15 (Mike and Jeff’s side). This was my 9th Pearl Jam show. The fans around me were very cool.

Main Set
    Despite not knowing Lightning Bolt well, I instantly liked Pendulum. It has a really great driving drum and bass. Its a great live song. Other highlights for me included Release, Even Flow and I Got ID. Release was a great song to follow Pendulum. Even flow always brings out the jam in Pearl Jam. I have wanted to hear I Got ID for a while, so that was a treat.

On the whole, I felt the main set was pretty uneven. Lightning Bolt, Mind Your Manners, and Save You dragged for me personally. I just couldn’t shake the feeling that the main set lacked some sort of flow or coherence.

Encore 1
    For me, Encore 1 was the highlight of the show. This part of the show felt well sequenced. I liked starting with all acoustic numbers and moving into the up-tempo songs. Last Kiss with Cameron on the stand up drum kit was great. As an aside, I thought Mike and Matt played very well the whole show.

Why Go, Do the Evolution and Porch was awesome. There was so much energy in those three songs. I also loved Stone, Jeff and Mike swinging the lights during Porch. It felt appropriately chaotic for the instrumental section. Those three songs together were the highlight of the show for me.

Encore 2
    Encore 2 was great too. Black and Alive are always amazing live; last night was no exception. I thought it might end with Rocking in the Free World. When the band didn’t put down their instruments I knew there would be another song...Yellow Ledbedder. Indifference was a great surprise!

Final Thoughts
    I was able to get a poster without braving the insane merch truck line. I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to get one for this show. But I got one from the merch table inside.

The main set for me was very uneven. Encore 1 and 2 were much better in my opinion. I’ll be interested to revisit this show with the bootleg.

I definitely enjoyed the show. There is nothing quite like seeing your favorite band live. People in Moline got treated to a great show with No Code. However, St.Paul got 6 songs off of Ten which is pretty special and Indifference as a closer.
    2023-09-02 St. Paul, MN
    2023-08-31 St. Paul, MN
    2018-08-08 Seattle, WA
    2016-08-20 Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2014-10-19 St.Paul, MN
    2010-05-03 Kansas City, MO
    2009-08-24 Chicago, IL
    2008-06-25 New York, NY
    2007-08-05 Chicago, IL
    2006-06-26 St. Paul, MN
    2003-06-16 St. Paul, MN
    2000-08-10 East Troy, WI - The Ice Bowl
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis, MN
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    I kinda knew coming in that it would be a hit-filled show. That's how they do it on their rare trips to Minnesota. I was considering Moline and/or Milwaukee but stuck with the home show. Now I regret.

But really, who can complain about a three-hour set? And there were some great surprises and gems. Disappointed that I only got three new songs (Pendulum, Sirens, Imagine), but like I said, I kinda thought I'd need to go to Milwaukee to get a more interesting set.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    1st show ever. What an experience. Made the 20 hour round trip from Manitoba worth it, Loved the energy of the crowd.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    no way, thats a trip
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924

I met a decent amount of people that this was their first show. The place was loud, the crowd was definitely into it. To me it just seemed like some people didn't know about the call-response times and such (when to clap or throw your arms in the air with the lights, for example). Just a thought, certainly not a criticism.

Call response times? Wtf? This is a rock n roll show. People will raise their fists, clap, jump, freak out when they want to.
    Glad I hang out at shows with people far more fun

St Paul rocked! Crowd was into it, we in the back of GA were rocking out and dancing. We went to Moline as well. Different show, but that is what makes PJ so fackin awesome. It's different every night but it is always ROCKIN

All I meant was stuff like during "Elderly Woman" when the lights come on for "I just want to scream hello" and everyone throws their hands up, and other things similar to that. I was trying to figure out why other people were saying the crowd wasn't into it, and the only thing I could think was such people were basing it off of look.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Another very fun show. I had a great time in Saint Paul. Happy to hear I got Shit
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    vant0037 said:
    thanks for the post.... and I have to admit... pretty damn good as well...

• Options
    animusanimus Twin Cities area Posts: 530
    edited October 2014
    Great experience in the GA until the very end when a couple began shoving towards the front and knocking into people and putting their phones in people's face to record and take pics. About 2 hours before the show the GA line was pretty short so we went and got drinks and came back about a half hour before and we were still able to get 8-1o rows back. The area around me (center stage) was raging quite well. Started to die off towards the end of the first set. People were getting tired for sure. I really wish the set would have been more interesting especially since there are a lot of die hard fans in the TC and we would've enjoyed some deeper cuts but I understand that the band was probably catering to a broader audience. Finally got to hear Go and Thin Air so that was awesome. Highlights for me were Release, Go, Save You, Thin Air, Footsteps, RVM and Imagine oh and LBC kicked ass too.

"Go" was definitely a tease since there was talk about a possible Vs front to back. Then when "Life Wasted" kicked in my wishful thinking thought Avacado???

This was my first and only LB tour show. I was stunned by the amazing video footage. I hope they release a live show film. Some of the shots they were able to get were extraordinary. Top notch.

Definitely regret not trying harder for Moline and definitely hitting myself for passing up on MKE.

Hopefully the crowd was good enough for PJ to put MN on the next tour.

Overall, it was a great time. Not my best show but still memorable.

Post edited by animus on
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    OSTEOPLASTIC...post...
    I helped out at the preparty (raffle table with bee "girl" ) then my husband and I headed to the 1st level, halfway back from the stage.

OMG....I saw this Bee Girl dude dressed up heading toward the pisser roughly behind the stage bout 30 minutes before it started.... Holy shit balls... This dude had the Outfit!!!. reminded me of my earlier days of going to shows "*%&#"... and seeing shit like him... so fn' cool...
  • Options
    The video footage was great. I haven't seen them since the '06 tour so is this the first time they've done anything like that? It looked film quality. They must have some sort of plan to release a new concert video, right? I had really good 10c seats (sec 118 row 12) but I still liked seeing all the cool angles and close-ups (the fisheye pedal board cam was great).
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    I thought the show was great. So glad I got to hear Release and Footsteps. Those were probably the highlights for me. I was at the Lincoln show and I would say I enjoyed the Lincoln show more. The band had more energy and there seemed to be a lot more spontaneity. Crowd was cool. I was about 4 people back right in front of Stone. An older guy passed out and had to be lifted over the barrier and a couple other people asked security to get them out of there. Nice to see everyone cooperating to help them out. There was a lady in front of me seemed more concerned with taking selfies than actually watching the show so that was a bummer but overall, awesome show. Hope to see them again soon. I never thought I'd be able to see them that closely. Kinda weird, after listening to them for over two thirds of my life it kinda felt like watching friends on stage. Hard to describe.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    animus said:

Definitely regret not trying harder for Moline and definitely hitting myself for passing up on MKE.

Hopefully the crowd was good enough for PJ to put MN on the next tour.

This sums up how I feel now. I always kinda had a sense that it would be a "hits" show...place they don't play a lot tend to be. It was a good show; who's to complain about three hours that were really quite intense and energetic? And there were some gems in there too.

But while I'll always go to my hometown show, I have vowed to also go somewhere where PJ has more history, as they tend to assume the folks there have heard the hits...
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    curly said:

OSTEOPLASTIC...post...
    I helped out at the preparty (raffle table with bee "girl" ) then my husband and I headed to the 1st level, halfway back from the stage.

OMG....I saw this Bee Girl dude dressed up heading toward the pisser roughly behind the stage bout 30 minutes before it started.... Holy shit balls... This dude had the Outfit!!!. reminded me of my earlier days of going to shows "*%&#"... and seeing shit like him... so fn' cool...

aye, the bee dude was i. so thanks for the positive words. i had planned to do that since the show was announced, and even followed through after they played bee girl the show before in moline. i think some people wanted no part of me, but many others wanted photos and were happy to see someone having some fun with it. it was great talking to fans from all over - australia, new zealand, brazil, argentina, england, germany, and who knows where else - and it made the weekend that much more memorable.

as for this show, for me it will be more about the anticipation and follow through of our little minnesota contingent who wanted this to happen for so long. kudos to joe and derek for doing the pub crawl, and to tony for organzining the pre-party - we did it, brothers. it was great to spend time with you at the table, hannah, and i am so glad the show gave you some emotional highs. the show itself was a great run through the hits catalog. black was probably the performance highlight of the night for me. it had been years since i heard save you, and i enjoyed that one quite a bit as well. and the arena lit up in phones/lighters during imagine was a sight to behold.

i certainly hope it isn't another 8 years before they play here proper again.