We are the luckiest fans any band has ever had

The level of commitment the band went in with to make this a stand-out show was incredible. Do other bands think so much about what this night's particular audience needs and tune in like that to the crowd's vibe and just stay with it like that? It's amazing. Ed just knows what the situation calls for, and he cares enough to figure it out every time . At least it seems like it. I've never seen them be so demonstrably appreciative of a crowd. So many comments he made, stories that got kinda deep and personal, the original song, going literally a the way out to the *middle* of the crowd-- literally he was half way to the back wall. Oh yeah, and No Code top to bottom. T:-O Then taking extra requests (does anyone know which ones the played were requests?) Just so much love came back our way last night.

Sorry if this is a redundant thread!

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Gratitude is never redundant. :)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • tcadd94tcadd94 North Jersey Posts: 611
    Agree. PJ shows are a communal event. It's not a band playing for people like most other concerts, but PJ and us together, in a room, sharing an intimate moment. It's really nuts.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam live.

I am hanging in the balance of a perfect finished plan
    Like every sparrow falling, like every grain of sand.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    It was a very special night. I am so lucky and grateful that my name got pulled in the lottery for GA tickets. Thank you Pearl Jam!
  • adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    You nailed it. The energy in that room was incredible. Seems like sometimes there's just too much whining and asking for "more! More!" on the boards. Glad to see appreciative fans.

The fact that they take the time and effort to make each show unique is just incredible to me. Love this band, love the fans, this is one hell of a trip!