Options

Holy Fuck! just realized Vs turns 21 on 10.19.2014 in St.Paul, you don't think? why the fuck not Ed?

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639

This my favorite album and I'm goin to St Paul. I would lose my shit if this happened!

St Paul will probably be the loudest crowd anyways, but that would be bonkers
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    if you were to asked if they were gonna play it about a week ago i would have laughed. BUt after the past two shows, wouldn't surprise me.

Last year at this time they played Brooklyn and I was hoping they were gonna do it then cause i was there.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Brendan O'Brien is doing a SiriusXM special that day too for the 21st Birthday, and they only played one Vs song Small Town which was the first song in Moline, and they only played one No Code song in Detroit, so they were saving it up
  • Options
  • Options
    the GA line has already started in St Paul! they don't play until tomorrow night, going to be the most insane crowd ever
  • Options
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    pdalowsky said:

And so it starts

There was a thread yesterday whining about people's song requests.... The natural thing would be to move into album requests right ?

Lol

Lol lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    hey a weekend full of drinking espresso and eating brownies and singing Pearl Jam I just wanted a thread to have fun with. fun, fun, fun :) and I love some fucking Vs and Ed fucking loves any word with fuck in it, so I figured it would provide him some laughs when he looks through the requests
    Post edited by Big Bank Hank on
  • Options
    and it would better if they aren't back to back and have Go as the opener and Indifference as the closer then mix the other 10 songs in the setlist, keep the drama built up
  • Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443

I was there! Soundgarden and Blues Traveller were on stage too.
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mcgruff10 said:

pdalowsky said:

And so it starts

There was a thread yesterday whining about people's song requests.... The natural thing would be to move into album requests right ?

Lol

Lol lol
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Flyingw said:

I was there! Soundgarden and Blues Traveller were on stage too.
    awesome, I saw them in Reno that year, 1993 was such a great year, but the fact that they survived that massive wave is why it is okay for them to look back on it positivity because nearly all the other bands didn't and us fans are the beneficiaries. They should at it like it made them a band of brothers and all the success now having evolved from those experiences, and the fans that stuck around it is special for us to celebrate shit like this because it takes us back to the time we discovered the band, and to waiting in line to buy it when it was released, so yeah Sunday should be pretty fucking cool shit, and really fans in St Paul deserve that shit, I can't do anything but admire the determination of the fans who had the bring Pearl Jam to Minnesota thread to keep that going over 2 yeats with over 8500 comments is amazing dedication, and all the good you get Sunday you deserve, would have been a great show to attend
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I was almost certain this was going to happen in Brooklyn last year for the 20th anniversary but alas it was not to be.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    BinFrog said:

I was almost certain this was going to happen in Brooklyn last year for the 20th anniversary but alas it was not to be.

yeah me too but I heard they didn't because it was 4 days after the Lightning Bolt release and wamted the attention on it, and that is why Brendan O'Brien is doing a 21st birthday special on SiriusXM tomorrow, and I Ed prefers the 21st because now Vs is legal drinking age he can give a bottle of wine :)
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Me likey
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    the band is at the point now where they and also the crowds energy keeps building off the show before and each show keeps getting better, I fully expect St Paul to be the best show and if this momentum keeps building who knows what kind of shit Denver will get
  • Options
    we saw in the 13 US shows and 14 Euro tours how the shows kept getting better and better same thing is happening this tour, should of chose Denver, lol
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    This actually makes some sense... Vs. has quite a few hits so they could pull it off for a larger Sunday night crowd
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Stop. Posting.

thank you very little but no, if you don't like it just block me then you will not ever see anything from me again otherwise stop whining and grow up, as an adult you should of learned how to not let anyone else bother you, so it is really such an awesome thing for you to tell what to do, since I really don't give a shit, now go spread your negativity elsewhere, thank you for your concern
  • Options
    my2hands said:

This actually makes some sense... Vs. has quite a few hits so they could pull it off for a larger Sunday night crowd

yeah out of a 36 song setlist only the opening song was a Vs song
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Happy Birthday, it is now legal for you to fo go out and get shit faced
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    anyone else buy Vs first day release? well actually I got it the day before because I knew the owner of the record store :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

anyone else buy Vs first day release? well actually I got it the day before because I knew the owner of the record store :)

I've gotten every tape/CD on the release day except ten and LB. I missed out on ten because I was 12 and didn't have a ride to the mall. And LB because the ten club didn't send my CD until the day after the release.
  • Options

I've gotten every tape/CD on the release day except ten and LB. I missed out on ten because I was 12 and didn't have a ride to the mall. And LB because the ten club didn't send my CD until the day after the release.
    damn Ten Club, lol
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Ten is the only album I did not get on the day of release (or earlier).
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    BinFrog said:

BinFrog said:

yeah Ten had been out for 2 or 3 weeks before I heard a cassette tape of it (hangs his head in everlasting shame)