Toronto concert last night, very dissapointed with the ACC

evansevans Posts: 21
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
First off it was an OK show, but honestly whats up with cutting off alcohol at 9pm Toronto?

What a joke, i was sooooo pi$$ed they cut off alcohol after the first couple of songs when we pay our hard earn money for tix.......and its a joke ppl are smoking pot in front of me but i'm not allowed to purchase a beer. I am very dissapointed, I wish Eddie knew of this because he is a man who enjoys his alcohol and prob. would of had something to say.

As for the concert it was OK.......The new material was absolutly AMAZING live, and they played some great songs, but the set list was very show. I guess i am spoiled though since the only time i have seen them live was Buffalo 5/2/03 which was one of their greatest shows. The prob. I had with the concert was they played too much old stuff ie: Evenflow, Jermey, Alive, etc.....I would have much rather seen them play their stuff in between
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• evansevans Posts: 21
    What no comments?
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    evans wrote:
    First off it was an OK show, but honestly whats up with cutting off alcohol at 9pm Toronto?

What a joke, i was sooooo pi$$ed they cut off alcohol after the first couple of songs when we pay our hard earn money for tix.......and its a joke ppl are smoking pot in front of me but i'm not allowed to purchase a beer. I am very dissapointed, I wish Eddie knew of this because he is a man who enjoys his alcohol and prob. would of had something to say.

As for the concert it was OK.......The new material was absolutly AMAZING live, and they played some great songs, but the set list was very show. I guess i am spoiled though since the only time i have seen them live was Buffalo 5/2/03 which was one of their greatest shows. The prob. I had with the concert was they played too much old stuff ie: Evenflow, Jermey, Alive, etc.....I would have much rather seen them play their stuff in between

look out. the board complaining police are going to call for your public hanging.
    jlew24asu wrote:
    look out. the board complaining police are going to call for your public hanging.

I know i'm aware of this but as a fan it our right to share our opinions good and bad, but for all of the hype about last nights show it really was nothing special
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I must have been at a different concert
  • i was there last night...and i didn't even notice that...didn't anyone every tell you that you don't need alcohol to have a good time!!! try an AA meeting..haha...
    anyway...i agree with the setlist...the new songs were awesome and i wouldn't have been disappointed at all if they only played the new cd it's amazing!! but it's great to have the oldies in there aswell. i also wouldn't mind not hearing jeremy at a show...there are so many others that are dying to be played!!
    oh and yah, i was also at that buffalo show...it was one of the best ever for sure. rock on!
    08/22/98; 10/04/00; 10/05/00; 10/07/00; 05/02/03; 06/25/03; 06/28/03; 06/29/03; 09/11/05; 09/12/05; 09/13/05; 09/16/05; 09/19/05; 05/09/06; 05/10/06; 06/15/09; 08/21/09; 09/21/09; 09/25/09...
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,769
    must be a Canadian law, because they did that at all the Canadian shows I was at last year

come to America, we never stop drinking here :D
  • It's not the ACC that inforced that rule, it's the band who decided that no more booze 15 minutes after they take stage.
    "I'll be hanging upside down, and there I will swing, for all e.........tern.............ni..............ty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pjdeadheadpjdeadhead Posts: 71
    What are you doing going out for beer while the guys are playing anyways? :)The only time a make a trip for beer or the pisser is durning either Even Flow or Corduroy, and that's only because I have seen those 2 so many times.
    3/28/92 3/10/94 3/14/94 7/8/95 7/9/95
    7/11/95 6/26/98 6/27/98 6/29/98 6/30/98
    7/2/98 8/18/00 10/8/00 (coldest show ever!!)
    10/9/00 4/21/03 4/22/03 4/23/03 4/25/03
    6/18/03 6/21/03 6/22/03 5/16/06 5/17/06
    On the horizon....
    6/29/06 6/30/06
  • trandgtrandg Posts: 65
    Pretty sure I have solved this problem - it's been like that at almost any concert I've been to at the ACC.

So....go out before the show and drink/smoke or whatever you do until you are satisfied...and then you'll be good.

If you absolutely need to..then bring a flask or some joints and there you go...problem solved. Didn't think it was that tough to party these days!
  • dawk20dawk20 Posts: 4
    Off topic....did anyone bring a backpack or laptop to the ACC last night.

I am heading straight frim work and am wondering if I will be able to take my laptop in.

I have no problem at Maple Leafs games...but not sure for a concert.
    dawk20 wrote:
    Off topic....did anyone bring a backpack or laptop to the ACC last night.

I am heading straight frim work and am wondering if I will be able to take my laptop in.

I have no problem at Maple Leafs games...but not sure for a concert.

If they don't let you, they will check it in for you and you can get it after the show!

Enjoy it tonight! I'll be there too!
  • dawk20dawk20 Posts: 4
    trandg wrote:
    If they don't let you, they will check it in for you and you can get it after the show!

Enjoy it tonight! I'll be there too!

Yes...do you think that is safe though?
    dawk20 wrote:
    Yes...do you think that is safe though?

i think so.

but it would be like a coat check type deal - in the end, they are not responsible. you could always put it in a locker at union station or something!
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    must be a Canadian law, because they did that at all the Canadian shows I was at last year

I work at a venue in America and it is usualy up to the Artist, their Managment and the venue when to stop serving. Most shows where I work stop around when the band goes on stage. Its not this way in a lot of small clubs, but I think alot of the bigger places do it. I would guess the reason is that it gives people time to sober up before they leave the show to drive home. What a dumb idea.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Some people are never satisfied and will always find anything to cry about.

• come to America, we never stop drinking here :D

exception: you are in South Carolina and want to buy something on a Sunday or in North Carolina before noon
  • 7 Kettles7 Kettles Posts: 86
    i agree actually. i would have liked if they played more songs from the middle of their career, and less from the ten era. it was pretty awesome to see why go and garden though, so i shouldn't complain....i was really hoping for either state of love and trust or breath, but no dice.

i've seen pearl jam 4 times now, and i still haven't seen off he goes, nothingman, or untitled/mfc, which are 3 that they play quite frequently.

still, seeing sad was pretty radical, and i think inside job was my favorite part of the show. it was the first time i'd seen porch, and not for you.
    they say god makes problems just to see what you can stand ~ elliott smith
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I think they should keep playing Alive & Porch (and now Garden) at every show, but I agree, Jeremy, Dissident, Evenflow should be played less often. I'm praying I see Alive when I see them. Come on PJ, play Alive in Pittsburgh! :D:D:D

Corduroy, Daughter, Betterman & Rearviewmirror should also remain as staples for every concert.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • teflonsteveteflonsteve Posts: 275
    yeah ottawa was shut off at like 9:30 last year.....like wtf is that about....

i even read it was a rule set by the band but i couldn't see them doing that to us....

I remember seeing signs about both Quebec city and Halifax stating that the band disallows alcohol sales after they take the stage
    9/20/05 - Quebec City
    9/22/05 - Halifax
    6/19/08 - Camden 
    6/28/08 - Mansfield 
    9/07/11 - Montreal
    5/05/16 - Quebec City
    pjdeadhead wrote:
    What are you doing going out for beer while the guys are playing anyways? :)The only time a make a trip for beer or the pisser is durning either Even Flow or Corduroy, and that's only because I have seen those 2 so many times.

It was pretty funny, I went for a beer break during unemployable (not one of my favs from the new CD) and I found a group of guys who were thinking the same thing lol. One guy said the song was a litttle too much like shania twain
  • e1mariachie1mariachi Posts: 16
    haha people either complain about too much new material, or too much old material!!

getting confusing

and hey who cares about alcohol... you can go to a bar for that. Isnt going to a show to watch your fav band live?
  • e1mariachie1mariachi Posts: 16
    evans wrote:
    It was pretty funny, I went for a beer break during unemployable (not one of my favs from the new CD) and I found a group of guys who were thinking the same thing lol. One guy said the song was a litttle too much like shania twain

WHAT?? UNEMPLOYABLE IS ONE OF THE BEST SONGS OFF THE ALBUM!!
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    pjdeadhead wrote:

I would've been there the minute I heard Jeff start Jeremy.
  • must be a Canadian law, because they did that at all the Canadian shows I was at last year

yeah it sucked- no drinks on the floor- cut off times- Makes you appreciate the States a hell of a lot more!!! a couple a days to go!!!!!!!!!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • martibudmartibud Posts: 20
    yeah it sucked- no drinks on the floor- cut off times- Makes you appreciate the States a hell of a lot more!!! a couple a days to go!!!!!!!!!

Well I'm Canadian, and last time I went to Boston, they wouldn't let us buy beer before they said they didn't sell beer to people less than 25 if we weren't from Massachussetts! Wow, what a strange thing! So no country is perfect... Don't blame it on the country, it's a venue rule or the band that asked it was made that way.
    "It's like his thoughts are too big for his size"
    Montreal 1998
    Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2000
    Albany 2003
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Boston I 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Quebec city 2005
    Albany 2006