Options

Will they include Lightyears on a setlist this tour

evansevans Posts: 21
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Dont know if they have yet or not (although i dont think so)......I really hope the band plays Lightyears when I see them in Cincy!!!!

And hopefully they beat the setlist from toronto 5/9 because looking at all of the other setlists I feel Shafted
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    evans wrote:
    Dont know if they have yet or not (although i dont think so)......I really hope the band plays Lightyears when I see them in Cincy!!!!

And hopefully they beat the setlist from toronto 5/9 because looking at all of the other setlists I feel Shafted

Yes I'd be willing to bet money that they will. I also think that it will be played on the West coast. I told my girl Vedhead27 that she's FINALLY gonna get to see that one live. (its her fave PJ song)...so PJ don't make a liar out of me lol.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    I dont see why they can't replace "Light Years" in the setlist for "Betterman". I was a bit bothered when they played BTM twice on back to back nights in Chicago. They could of easily played, Light Years, Wishlist, Not For You, anything!!!
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    they dont seem to like Binaural lately, but i would bet if they are to play something off of this record Light Years has to be one of the top three. i think in general they need to play more Binaural, it is a great record and i think it translates very well live. Rival, Parting Ways, God's Dice, and Of the Girl are great tunes that need to come back.
    peace
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    You shouldn't go to the first concert of the tour expecting to get a killer setlist. Not when Pearl Jam is the band in question.

They're much more well-known for their end-of-tour and end-of-tour-leg setlists.

Light Years seems like a good choice to make an appearance on the second US leg, particularly during one of the nights at the Gorge. I guess it's the probability of an acoustic opening set that makes me think the song will be played.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    evansevans Posts: 21
    rhinomagic wrote:
    You shouldn't go to the first concert of the tour expecting to get a killer setlist. Not when Pearl Jam is the band in question.

They're much more well-known for their end-of-tour and end-of-tour-leg setlists.

Light Years seems like a good choice to make an appearance on the second US leg, particularly during one of the nights at the Gorge. I guess it's the probability of an acoustic opening set that makes me think the song will be played.

Lets hope so i'm trying to get tix to the gorge show
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I'm sure it will be played eventually this tour... hopefully one of my shows.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    This is one I am pretty sure they will play ... Eager for it. Its overdue, a beautiful song.
  • Options
    NieraNiera Posts: 208
    I also love Light Years... alas, maybe next tour for me, but I am hoping for VEDHEAD27, she deserves to hear that live!!

And hey, I can always download the boot then, right? ;)
    Can't wear my mask... your first, my last...
    **PROUD member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club**