Options

Red Wings fans, you lucky ####s you are going to be broke after tonight

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    in bulk like that you can get them from South Korea for like 25.00 I am figuring they aren't from South Korea so cost would be almost doubled
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

in bulk like that you can get them from South Korea for like 25.00 I am figuring they aren't from South Korea so cost would be almost doubled

+ gas, wages, renting merch truck, etc.

A lot of overhead to deliver a quality product...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:

I am talking total cost delivered to Pearl Jam, but if you figure in 500 pieces, the cost per piece is not a lot
  • Options

CM189191 said:

I am talking total cost delivered to Pearl Jam, but if you figure in 500 pieces, the cost per piece is not a lot
    Total cost delivered to PJ at 500 pieces would be?
    I just would like to know what it would cost to produce a Jersey, a simple Jersey.
  • Options

CM189191 said:

I just would like to know what it would cost to produce a Jersey, a simple Jersey.
    from what I see good quality replicas sell on Ebay for, 40.00-45.00 cost per piece in 500 piece bulk order, and that would be conservative I think
  • Options

CM189191 said:

from what I see good quality replicas sell on Ebay for, 40.00-45.00 cost per piece in 500 piece bulk order, and that would be conservative I think
    Fucking right that a good quality replica on Ebay should sell for way less.
  • Options

CM189191 said:

yeah so obviously they are making a shitload of money on this stuff, which I am not going to be a player hater about, however if you are raking in money hand over fist, at the very least throw in a few shows in smaller venues, or hit up the Atlantic Provinces next tour, if all they do is play big cities to rake in big cash then they become what The Rolling Stones or U2 have, if you make the money give back and spread the PJ love, Asia has not had a Tour since 2003, and the shows there sell out easily, just saying, spread the love a little more
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    PJ_Soul said:

Have already expressed this on FB, but I don't think I get it.... Why would a hockey fan want a fake Detroit jersey (especially when you could get a real one for less money)? The different numbers all over it made me laugh, lol. I know they have meaning to PJ fans, but come on.... I would never wear a fake Canucks jersey covered with different numbers and with the word "Vancouver" on the back, lol. I'd probably get mocked on the streets of Vancouver if I wore the Canucks version of this. :)) But apparently it's just me! Enjoy the Pearl Jam jerseys people!

I don't think anybody buys these thinking they are getting something equivalent to a real jersey. So, they are not really "fake" jerseys (there are plenty of real fake ones on ebay). I'd look at it more as a Pearl Jam jersey with a Redwings theme.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

CM189191 said:

yeah so obviously they are making a shitload of money on this stuff, which I am not going to be a player hater about, however if you are raking in money hand over fist, at the very least throw in a few shows in smaller venues, or hit up the Atlantic Provinces next tour, if all they do is play big cities to rake in big cash then they become what The Rolling Stones or U2 have, if you make the money give back and spread the PJ love, Asia has not had a Tour since 2003, and the shows there sell out easily, just saying, spread the love a little more
    I would kill to see PJ in Thailand. From "The Land of 10,000 Lakes" to "The Land of 1,000 Smiles"
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419

CM189191 said:

You mean big cities like Tulsa, Lincoln, or Moline?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

CM189191 said:

no I am glad they are playing places like that, but this has not been the norm since 2005 Canadian Tour, but before this tour they played Charlottesville in 2013 and Missoula in 2012 and that was it for a long period of time before that, I think they should do that every year, and they are playing Bridge School which they deserve props for too
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited October 2014
    JB128716 said:

As a Flyer fan, it will be hard to wear Detroit's colors.

I will make an exception for Pearl Jam.

As a Blackhawks fan, this jersey can only be summed up in two words...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1BFfTf8MNE
    >:P
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options

JB128716 said:

As a Flyer fan, it will be hard to wear Detroit's colors.

I will make an exception for Pearl Jam.

As a Blackhawks fan, this jersey can only be summed up in two words...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1BFfTf8MNE
    >:P
    Isn't this guy the one who said that stupid rule about shirts?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419

on2legs said:

CM189191 said:

no I am glad they are playing places like that, but this has not been the norm since 2005 Canadian Tour, but before this tour they played Charlottesville in 2013 and Missoula in 2012 and that was it for a long period of time before that, I think they should do that every year, and they are playing Bridge School which they deserve props for too
    So they played Charlottesville last year and Missoula the year before that and this year they played Tulsa, Lincoln, Moline, and Milwaukee. What exactly is the criticism that they are just playing big cities to cash in like the Rolling Stones or U2? If anything this US tour is the anti big city cash it in tour.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I wanted it but took a pass
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul said:

Have already expressed this on FB, but I don't think I get it.... Why would a hockey fan want a fake Detroit jersey (especially when you could get a real one for less money)? The different numbers all over it made me laugh, lol. I know they have meaning to PJ fans, but come on.... I would never wear a fake Canucks jersey covered with different numbers and with the word "Vancouver" on the back, lol. I'd probably get mocked on the streets of Vancouver if I wore the Canucks version of this. :)) But apparently it's just me! Enjoy the Pearl Jam jerseys people!

I hate the Red Wings, but if I would have been in a merch line instead of enjoying the city and standing next to Mr. Vedder in mid town Detroit, I would have bought 1 for the $140. Things look sweet. Missed out on the T-shirt too inside...oh well, the show was fucking awesome.

But as usual, you people that flip this shit on the bay are asses. I'm just glad I don't worry about this shit.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    wawwaw Posts: 61

How much was the jersey from the shop? Looks like $140 but can't see it all that well.

A little late on this but yeah the Jerseys were 140.00.
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    I was planning on just getting a t-shirt and/or poster, and ended up spending an undisclosable amount of money. I'm a huge Red Wings fan. It's like they know my life.

I actually think the jersey is pretty good quality. I own a Winter Classic Zetterberg jersey. The PJ one has flimsier felt numbering, but there are nice details inside the collar. Whoever said it was as much/more than a real hockey jersey must not buy hockey jerseys. A regular Red Wings jersey goes for about $155 before tax, and the Winter Classic ones the PJ one is modeled after retailed for around $179
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I hate the Red Wings, but if I would have been in a merch line instead of enjoying the city and standing next to Mr. Vedder in mid town Detroit, I would have bought 1 for the $140. Things look sweet. Missed out on the T-shirt too inside...oh well, the show was fucking awesome.

But as usual, you people that flip this shit on the bay are asses. I'm just glad I don't worry about this shit.
    flippers blow dogs for quarters
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Fucking asshole flippers
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

Fucking asshole flippers
    +1
  • Options
    Asshole flippers along with rude people who cut in line made it for a long day for those who stood in line.. Kudos to Olympia security for finally coming out at 5 PM to finally help enforce line control
  • Options
    waw said:

Asshole flippers along with rude people who cut in line made it for a long day for those who stood in line.. Kudos to Olympia security for finally coming out at 5 PM to finally help enforce line control

yeah the lines in Memphis were insane over 2 hours, I got dirty looks when I would see someone I knew in line and go talk to them, lol, they thought I was cutting, line cutters are douches
  • Options

waw said:

yeah the lines in Memphis were insane over 2 hours, I got dirty looks when I would see someone I knew in line and go talk to them, lol, they thought I was cutting, line cutters are douches
    These people wouldn't even have the common decency to do that, they walked up to the side of the trailer and weasled their way in the line... we were standing in line at least a half hour before the line moved because of this, and it wasn't till after 5pm they put tried to watch it.

Ok I'll be honest, I'm a bit jaded because the guy in front of me got the last 2XL jersey from the merch truck... You know who you are!!! lol
  • Options
    waw said:

waw said:

These people wouldn't even have the common decency to do that, they walked up to the side of the trailer and weasled their way in the line... we were standing in line at least a half hour before the line moved because of this, and it wasn't till after 5pm they put tried to watch it.

Ok I'll be honest, I'm a bit jaded because the guy in front of me got the last 2XL jersey from the merch truck... You know who you are!!! lol
    it's okay you will see it on Ebay for 899.00, but at least you get free shipping, lol
  • Options

waw said:

waw said:

it's okay you will see it on Ebay for 899.00, but at least you get free shipping, lol
    LOL well I suppose making 6x your money on the jersey you can afford to pony up for the free shipping.
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm with ya, I'd way sooner but a leafs jersey than a blue and white pearl jam sweater.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I'm with ya, I'd way sooner but a leafs jersey than a blue and white pearl jam sweater.
    I thought Leafs fans stopped wearing gear like a decade ago
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Well... that didnt take long.

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    edited October 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

Well you dont look at it as a hockey jersey, It's a Pearl Jam jersey with a hockey theme. I hate the Wings, but I'd think this shirt was amazing if I was a fan of there's and was at the show.

I was hoping they would do something like this in St. Louis with the Cardinals, but that event shirt was kind of boring.
    Post edited by Sarava on