Selfish poster bastards

2»

Comments

• applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Surely you've thoroughly researched the subject and are fully qualified to speak?
    East Rutherford, Night 2, the "concessionaires" were FULLY aware of the rule, as well as what they were dealing with.I know because I had a conversation with one. They were so aware, in fact, they wanted "a piece of the action" and several of them bought many copies for themselves before doors opened. And all other venues were also plenty aware of "retarded individual band policies" as every single booth you approach posts several signs stating "one poster per customer." Most just choose to ignore it. Yes, because they do not care. Doesn't mean they are not to blame.
    I like the posters for their art, and art value. Art is more valuable the rarer it is. There is not a single thing wrong with that.
    Pearl Jam has nothing to do with the amount of prints the individual artists choose to make. And those prints are far from cheap to make. So get over yourself. You don't have the perfect answer. And taking your anger out on the band is just a waste of your energy.

And taking your anger out on an internet message board with a bunch of whiney fans is productive use of energy?

What an idiot.
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    I'm just gonna say, not everyone is a douche.

In Pittsburgh this weekend the merch stand gave me 2 posters by accident. It was 30 mins later when I realized what had happened. After Pollards set I went back to the merch stand (which had sold out) and returned it. I just hope the guy who bought my poster didn't out it up on ebay. :(

I thought to myself...."Only a Canadian would do that." Then I looked at your profile and I was right. Toronto. Cheers to you!
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
    applenut wrote:
    Congratulations. You are as dumb as the band's poster policy.

They are posters. They can be massed produced. They don't cost much to produce when made in large quantities. Clearly they sell. All Pearl Jam has to do to alleviate this problem is to make and sell more posters. Instead they promote this behavior by continuing to do limited prints.

It's all about the money, even for you. Pathetic.

Obviously you don't know shit about the production, or value of silk screens.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I'm just gonna say, not everyone is a douche.

In Pittsburgh this weekend the merch stand gave me 2 posters by accident. It was 30 mins later when I realized what had happened. After Pollards set I went back to the merch stand (which had sold out) and returned it. I just hope the guy who bought my poster didn't out it up on ebay. :(

hey, you should of gave it to me....... heh
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    applenut wrote:
    Congratulations. You are as dumb as the band's poster policy.

They are posters. They can be massed produced. They don't cost much to produce when made in large quantities. Clearly they sell. All Pearl Jam has to do to alleviate this problem is to make and sell more posters. Instead they promote this behavior by continuing to do limited prints.

It's all about the money, even for you. Pathetic.
    Once again, THE BAND DOES NOT PRINT THE FUCKING POSTERS. It's the individual artists. And IT'S NOT CHEAP. You're reading the facts, they are being reiterated, and you continue to ignore the truth.
    Pathetic.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • applenutapplenut Posts: 67
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Once again, THE BAND DOES NOT PRINT THE FUCKING POSTERS. It's the individual artists. And IT'S NOT CHEAP. You're reading the facts, they are being reiterated, and you continue to ignore the truth.
    Pathetic.

I'm not ignoring anything you fucking idiot.

THEY SELL. PRODUCE MORE AND THEY WILL SELL. THE MORE YOU MAKE, THE CHEAPER THEY ARE TO PRODUCE.

Are you that fucking dense? I don't give a fuck who is printing them or if they are printed in fucking gold plating. They are being sold at Pearl Jam's concerts, with their trademark and at their merchansise booth with the band's endorsement. They are a Pearl Jam item. Pearl Jam is responsible. It certainly isn't the fucking guy selling the shit's problem.

Solution: PRINT MORE FUCKING POSTERS. Not... Bitch and whine about the salesman for selling more than 1 to a person.

Half the posters are fucking ugly as hell anyway. Just because something says Pearl Jam on it and is limited doesn't make it nice. Save your fucking money dumbass unless you're looking to make a profit off the poster, which it looks like you are, so why the hell are you bitching about people doing the exact same thing you desire to do?
    applenut wrote:
    Solution: PRINT MORE FUCKING POSTERS. .

Maybe Leonardo di Vinci should have painted a few more Mona Lisa's so that there wouldn't be such a demand to see the only one which is at the Louve in Paris.

......wait, oh ya......art is limited, and that's what makes it so rare and more valuable.

You tool.
  • JPinksJPinks Posts: 60
    This whole poster thing didn't really seem to be a problem until late in the Riot Act tour. Before that, I was able to get a poster for all of my shows with no problems. Didn't show up early and didn't wait in line. At all the '03 shows I didn't even go in until the opening band was done, and got a poster for each one.

It seems as though demand for all things Pearl Jam has gone up lately, especially if you watch eBay. The only thing that has changed is the increasing use of the internet. If it were not so easy to buy and sell this stuff, there would be no market.

Anyone remember when you could usually get a poster from the last couple of night's shows at the merch stand? Even then they didn't sell out and Ten Club would offer the extras for sale.

I hate that it is so hard to get a poster now. I don't want to go early and I don't want to wait in line. If you buy more than 1 you are an ass.

I would like to see more printed. Or maybe available from 10C with your purchase of the download? That would be sooooo nice.
    96 - Toledo
    98 - East Troy (x2), East Lansing, Auburn Hills, Cleveland
    00 - Noblesville, Cincinnati, Columbus, Auburn Hills, East Troy, Chicago
    03 - Cleveland, Columbus, Clarkston (x2)
    04 - Toledo, Grand Rapids
    06 - Auburn Hills, Camden (x2), DC
    08 - Camden (x2), MSG (x2), Ed in Newark
    09 - Ed in Philly (x2), The Spectrum (x4)
    10 - Cleveland
  • CanadianEHCanadianEH Posts: 134
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Pathetic.
    I thought Stone and Jeff have a portable printing machine and print as many as they can after the soundcheck and before the doors open. Some shows there are less because on occasion Matt lets them win at winner stay ping pong.
    Vancouver 07/19/98 Vancouver 05/30/03
    Portland 11/02/00 Vancouver 09/02/05
    Boise 11/03/00 Gorge 1 07/22/06
    Seattle 1 11/05/00 Gorge 2 07/23/06
    Seattle 2 11/06/00 Vancouver 09/25/09
  • drollydrolly Posts: 41
    The setup for Milwaukee I seemed like they were almost encouraging people to buy more than 1 poster. Stand OUTSIDE the actual venue (still on Summerfest grounds, but still) sold posters even before people were let into the gates. At least two stands inside sold posters. They stuck to the 1 per person rule to an extent, as in "one at a time per purchase." Really nothing stopping people from buying outside the venue before the show even started and then loading up again once they got inside. Saw several instances of this actually.

I will say I am getting quite a kick out of the people on this thread who have the "it's everybody else's fault but mine that I'm buying more posters than are allowed" theory. And yet I wonder how fatasses think they can sue McDonald's because it's always somebody else's fault they're fat, not because they don't have enough self-respect to stop eating. Same fucking thing with these posters. It's all about respect for your fellow concert-goer. Just because the system is set up to be exploited, doesn't make it right. If you had any respect for other people, this wouldn't be a problem.
    I always finish what I sta
  • drollydrolly Posts: 41

A few years ago I went Christmas shopping for my daughter and at the store I picked up a couple few toys. For no reason then being bored I decided to check what the toys were selling for on eBay. This one Blue's Clues toy was selling for an INSANE amount of money on eBay that I purchased 5 mintues ago for $5.00...I drove back to the store and bought the 2 that were left on the "clearance" rack and put them up for auction. Before Christmas I sold one, $45.00. After Christmas I sold the other, $38.00. Does this make me bad? I don't think so...but what the hell do I know. It's all about supply & demand.

No, because there was no rule limiting you to one per person. On top of that, you were clearing them off a clearance rack, meaning EVERYBODY else had a chance to get them before you and simply passed on them.
    I always finish what I sta
  • drolly wrote:
    No, because there was no rule limiting you to one per person. On top of that, you were clearing them off a clearance rack, meaning EVERYBODY else had a chance to get them before you and simply passed on them.

Dang this toy is still selling for a decent amount...maybe I should sell toys online and quit my day job...lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Blues-Clues-Talking-Singing-Mailbox-HTF_W0QQitemZ300000462406QQihZ020QQcategoryZ2626QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

p.s. this is not my auction...just the same toy that I made a small bundle on :)
    Tell the captain 'This boats not safe and we're drowning.'
    Turns out he's the one making waves