1235»

Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Whew, Lyd....that wore me out!! ;)
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Alright I really shouldnt get into every song cuze this novel is already gonna be an extra long one as is. I still have so much to tell too. haha. I'll just say that the 1st set alone was one of THE most amazing, maximum ass kickin sets EVER!! Red Mosquito!, Down, Present Tense were also huuuuuuge highlights. Even Flow was reborn yet again and Stoney was going absolutely apeshit during Mikey's solo!DTE with the Stoney Fan Club rockin the rail was the BEST! Just when I thought that song couldnt possibly kick anymore ass. He was lovin it up with the Fan Club night 3...unlike night 2 when he couldn't even LOOK at us. hehe. We were directly in front of him this time and there was no avoiding the love. ahaha. Same as everything this night though...he took in the love then turned around and gave it right back to us with even more heart. He was eating it up! He was so feelin it and using it to rock even harder! The man was ON IT ALL NIGHT! I don't think I've ever seen him smile so much too. The more he smiled the more we smiled and the stronger the love grew and the more ass he was kickin!! :D AHhh it was the greatest!! Towards the end of the show he actually started firing off picks to all of us. :D Just grinning from ear to ear firing off a round of like 30 picks!! I ended up getting my 3rd Stone pick that night. One from EACH SF show! :eek:! Completely and totally amazing!!!!!

Hey girlie. Check out what I found on Youtube. FF to the end to find the Stoney Gossard target practice, and apology. Lisa and Mon...Matty giving u all drumsticks is there too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elS78iIvwic&search=Pearl%20Jam%20San%20Francisco

Enjoy!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Hey girlie. Check out what I found on Youtube. FF to the end to find the Stoney Gossard target practice, and apology. Lisa and Mon...Matty giving u all drumsticks is there too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elS78iIvwic&search=Pearl%20Jam%20San%20Francisco

Enjoy!
    OMG Mel! You just made me cry! I just relived that moment!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish I could have been at that show!!! Two of my fave girls got treats from the band!!!!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    yahamita wrote:
    OMG Mel! You just made me cry! I just relived that moment!

Aww ((hugs)) Glad to be of service.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    solracsolrac Posts: 21
    Wow... I was there... it was my first Pearl Jam show... no words... I can't wait until they come to Atlanta so I can check them out again.
    7.18.06 (Finally!)
    6.22.08 (With my little bro!)
  • Options
    kalikatkalikat Posts: 68

I've been wondering about Jeff's pants - what up with the flood pants dude???
    **There is a sickness, a sickness coming over me - like watching freedom, being sucked straight out to sea**
  • Options
    kalikatkalikat Posts: 68
    ok, here's a video I found of that awesome Evenflow. Best jam of the night (besides Crazy Mary). Good view of the lights too, which I couldn't really see well from my spot on the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFOY_qyf_Ls&search=Pearl%20Jam%20%20San%20Francisco%20%20

Actually, here's a video of the Crazy Mary too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooCY-EfWSzQ&NR

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
    **There is a sickness, a sickness coming over me - like watching freedom, being sucked straight out to sea**
  • Options
    S.F. three was alright. Looking back on it now I can say I had a really great time. Release was awesome, as was Crazy Mary and Yellow Ledbetter. The setlist left out a ton of really phenominal material, but okay nonetheless. I went to the Winnipeg '05 show and to be honest, that show blew this one away. Much better setlist, crowd was more intense, etc...

Hearing Leash, SOLAT, All Along the Watchtower, and Yellow Ledbetter with the Star Spangled Banner was awesome though.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    bzborow1 wrote:
    S.F. three was alright.

OK step back folks, this could get ugly. Alright? ALRIGHT?!?!? You come waltzin in here with your Winnipeg 05, Mister Winnipeg 05 Set List was Better, Man?

This was SAN FRANCISCO proper! And not just some lil one night stand, no no, this was THREE DAYS AND MAYBE LONGER! I'M STAYING HERE! (Oh yeah he changed those words in SF!)

AND What the freak are you thinking comparing set lists from different tours to begin with?!!?!? You can't compare set lists from different tours!! Like I wouldn't give Severed Hand, WWS, Unemployable and Big Wave for a lil' Immortality, Lukin, Jeremy and Black! Ha! I'll see yer little Winnipeg 05 and just throw Sacto '95 at that! Ha!

Winnipeg 05 - wtf! Are you some kinda girlie girl? Betterman? Daughter? Wishlist? Elderly?!?!? Indifference?!?! Did they close with Cumbaya? Where you crying at the eight minute mark in Crazy Mary? Forget the Massive BOOM attack, the dueling lead with Mike, crickey, listen to SF III eight minutes into Mary and it sounds like Stone is gonna freaking break all the strings on his acoustic!

Crowd was more intense?!?!!? WTF? Where you in the Balcony? Did they give everyone a nice seat at Winnipeg to get all "intense" in?!?!?

In My Tree, Blood -- you'd take those instead of Leash!??! (And they dropped those earlier in SF anyways). Man, take the new stuff out and the shows were almost identical, well except for all that slow stuff -- and did you get a little cover tune love at Winnipeg? Didja? Now Didja? Two Neils is all you got?!?!? Can you say 3rd Time EVER on Watchtower!!! Dylan would kick Neil's .... uh, never mind....

Only time Untitled was played all Tour?

But no, you and your little Winnipeg 05, so you want the soft stuff huh.
    Light Years. Down! Man of the Hour! Did you get a little Ed opener? I am Mine! Pshaw! Need I say more?

Except that uh, shit, Winnipeg 05 looks like a monstrous show! I might have to buy that....
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    acutejam wrote:
    OK step back folks, this could get ugly. Alright? ALRIGHT?!?!? You come waltzin in here with your Winnipeg 05, Mister Winnipeg 05 Set List was Better, Man?

This was SAN FRANCISCO proper! And not just some lil one night stand, no no, this was THREE DAYS AND MAYBE LONGER! I'M STAYING HERE! (Oh yeah he changed those words in SF!)

AND What the freak are you thinking comparing set lists from different tours to begin with?!!?!? You can't compare set lists from different tours!! Like I wouldn't give Severed Hand, WWS, Unemployable and Big Wave for a lil' Immortality, Lukin, Jeremy and Black! Ha! I'll see yer little Winnipeg 05 and just throw Sacto '95 at that! Ha!

Winnipeg 05 - wtf! Are you some kinda girlie girl? Betterman? Daughter? Wishlist? Elderly?!?!? Indifference?!?! Did they close with Cumbaya? Where you crying at the eight minute mark in Crazy Mary? Forget the Massive BOOM attack, the dueling lead with Mike, crickey, listen to SF III eight minutes into Mary and it sounds like Stone is gonna freaking break all the strings on his acoustic!

Crowd was more intense?!?!!? WTF? Where you in the Balcony? Did they give everyone a nice seat at Winnipeg to get all "intense" in?!?!?

In My Tree, Blood -- you'd take those instead of Leash!??! (And they dropped those earlier in SF anyways). Man, take the new stuff out and the shows were almost identical, well except for all that slow stuff -- and did you get a little cover tune love at Winnipeg? Didja? Now Didja? Two Neils is all you got?!?!? Can you say 3rd Time EVER on Watchtower!!! Dylan would kick Neil's .... uh, never mind....

Only time Untitled was played all Tour?

But no, you and your little Winnipeg 05, so you want the soft stuff huh.
    Light Years. Down! Man of the Hour! Did you get a little Ed opener? I am Mine! Pshaw! Need I say more?

Except that uh, shit, Winnipeg 05 looks like a monstrous show! I might have to buy that....

I prefer to hear some of their hits. It would have been nice to hear at least ONE of: Jeremy, Daughter, Betterman, Given To Fly, Porch, Black.

However I can say that in my two shows I got two different sets...Watchtower was cool, so was leash and why go, but for me it was really awesome to hear my fav song, Yellow Ledbetter...Plus the star-spangled banner rocked...we're canadian but that was awesome...even my gf got into that. :P

As for the winnipeg show, what I noticed was different is that PJ made the front page of the newspaper their so much bigger news, granted it's nowhere near the size as S.F...and when I get my ftp up i'll put a couple songs on there for u. One thing that i'd like to know is when they decide setlists. During the winnipeg set Eddie said something about the pre-show crowd being insane so it'd be interesting to know if they added Betterman as the 1st song to keep a crazy crowd going.

http://www.mtscentre.com/press_releases/content.php?press_id=71
  • Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    WOW!!!!

tell us how you REALLY feel, lol......

I agree it's not really 'fair' to compare setlists from different tours....I mean, you like what ya like, sure but don't beat the rest of us up for digging SF3, and SF1 & 2 for that matter.........from the roar of the crowd I'd say WE loved it just fine!!!

yes, Crazy Mary was awesome!!!!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I'm kicking myself for not making the trip to SF.. I went to LA, SB and George but didnt see the need to see PJ in SF. What a mistake that was after hearing All Along The Watchtower that was a great great version considering Hendrix, Neil Young and Dylan (obviously) have done versions of this song. That just rocked much better than the version of watchtower w/ Neil Young at VFC. Sound like they were extremly good shows.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08