Time off in between Lincoln and Memphis...

etsixetsix Atlanta, GA Posts: 25
So I don't exactly want to drive to Austin from Lincoln and then to Memphis so I will have about 4-5 days off from the tour. Anyone have any ideas of what I could do? I'm coming from Atlanta so I can't just go home. I suppose if anyone needed a ride to Austin and had an extra ticket I would drive in exchange for the ticket but I'm only just considering that idea. Anyone have any bright ideas?

Comments

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    You've got 3 major cities in the area you could check out during your break between shows!
    Spend a day in Kansas City, one in St. Louis or drive over to Nashville & hangout there for a day or two!!
    I'd get into Memphis a day before the show too...plenty to do there as well!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• etsix said:

So I don't exactly want to drive to Austin from Lincoln and then to Memphis so I will have about 4-5 days off from the tour. Anyone have any ideas of what I could do? I'm coming from Atlanta so I can't just go home. I suppose if anyone needed a ride to Austin and had an extra ticket I would drive in exchange for the ticket but I'm only just considering that idea. Anyone have any bright ideas?

I was in your shoes. I was going to go to Lincoln and then fly back home and work over the weekend and then fly to Memphis. I decided to just fly to Austin and stay there until Memphis. If I need to work I can work remotely, and if not I'll be able to check out a great festival and town. Not easy if driving though. I had a bunch of Southwest points built up.
  • etsixetsix Atlanta, GA Posts: 25
    I guess I'll go stay at my aunt's farm in Missouri for a day or two then go check out Memphis.