Looking for some help

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'll go ahead.
I have had a very bad year, to put it lightly. I lost my job in May, then my father passed away in June. My father lived with me and my 7 year old son and was my son's best friend, so you can imagine it has been traumatic for him.
Fortunately, through the generosity of one of our own Jammer's, I was gifted enough money to purchase 2 tix for the Cincinnati show on Oct. 1. I thought, surely, I would be able to squirrel away enough money to gas up, get a cheapo motel, and at least buy us some grub in town. Unfortunately, my squirreling didn't go as planned and currently I'm unable to afford the trip. I won't go into too many details but you can imagine, when my father passed, my bills doubled, but with unemployment, my income fell dramatically.
So, I was advised that I should try a gofundme campaign to get me and my boy to the show. I won't deny, I am a PJaholic and would be heartbroken to miss the show, but this time is for my son. He has always said he wanted to see them with me, and when he found out we were going, he was ecstatic. The last thing I want to do is let him down again.
I know that everyone has their hardships, and many have it far worse than me, but if you think you would like to help, I would be ever grateful.
gofundme.com/GetUsToPearlJam

<b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>

Comments

• I also want to say, although I seem to be asking for help a lot lately, it is very hard for me to post this but my son strengthens me. Music has always been a big part of our lives. His paw paw always played bluegrass for him, and of course I've been teaching him the joys of PJ, I just really believe in the healing properties of music. He has barely wanted to leave the house and has suffered greatly this last 3 months.

<b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    best of luck! Give him extra hugs!
  • Thank you. I definitely will. He gives great hugs <3
  • dogtowndogtown Posts: 118
    Gave what I could, hope you make it!
  • Thank you so much! I really appreciate everyone's help. Now, I'm just waiting for us to be able to board the bus. :)