Options

A LETTER TO PJ FANS FROM STONE GOSSARD SUPPORT THE MOTHER OF MOTHER LOVE BONE

2»

Comments

• Options
    alexross42alexross42 Posts: 364
    edited September 2014
    According to the Andrew Wood FB page, there's a Mother Love Bone re-issue due in October, with 2 previously unreleased tracks included. I've no idea what amount of units would shift, but surely some of the revenue generated from this would find it's way to Andrew Wood's estate, i.e. to Toni?
    At least there's another possible 'new' income source to help her out.
    While they're at it, why not officially release some of the many demos that have been circulating for years, maybe clean them up and sequence them properly? I'm sure Andy would have no issue with that if it was ultimately going to help his Mum.
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Good for those guys helping out a friend.
    I feel like us fans are always looking for ways to thank them and im sure they'd rather someone donate 10 or 20 bucks or whatever than buy another hoodie, poster, wristband etc.

Now Jeff and Stone- I don't need an autographed poster, so I'm not gonna be the guy to bid on those, but what's the amount the forum needs to donate to get a dirty frank this tour ;) ?
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    rumor has it there may be some items from fans going up on ebay to help out...fingers crossed. stay tuned
  • Options
    I don't get the sense that Stone or Jeff or the band are making any sort of real push here. To me it says that Stone and Jeff feel a connection to Andy and his Mom so they felt like they wanted to contribute to help her out. I think they also realize that there may be many people out in their community that have a connection to Andy and Motherlovebone and that they would want to give back because they've been impacted. If there are people that would feel good about giving back to a person or band that has impacted them that would not otherwise know without Stone putting it out there than that would be a missed opportunity on both sides if Stone didn't say anything.
    the sun has set, the sun will rise another day....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    cool!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Whoa!! Lots of new signed Pearl Jam posters!!

Also the Canadian shipping on these prints are $30.87 US via UPS Standard To Canada.

Very nice!! B-)
  • Options
    @PJActivism

New stack of signed limited edition @PearlJam posters up for bid! #SupportToniWood #PearlJam #PJActivism

• Options
    Is McCready's autograph not one of the worst signatures out there?
  • Options
    bump
    working with some great fans and friends here to have some awesome items to further help this cause. stay tuned!!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    BUMP lets get this finished
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

BUMP lets get this finished

Roger that! A few of us are working on hopefully a few more things to help out
  • Options
    some good news from this month's 10c newsletter:
    We’re psyched to announce that our beloved Toni Wood (Andy’s mom) will soon be in her new home! The poster and guitar auctions plus your donations to Toni’s Go Fund Me Account raised around $35k. And Stone, Jeff, Ed and their manager made personal donations in the amount of 40k.

In the coming weeks, we’ll help Toni demolish and properly dispose of the old home and set up her new one! We promise to post photos once she’s all moved in. A huge thank you from Toni and the band for everyone’s support! #PJActivism
  • Options
    and more $ coming to you Mama Wood soon...we promise
  • Options

We’re psyched to announce that our beloved Toni Wood (Andy’s mom) will soon be in her new home! The poster and guitar auctions plus your donations to Toni’s Go Fund Me Account raised around $35k. And Stone, Jeff, Ed and their manager made personal donations in the amount of 40k.

In the coming weeks, we’ll help Toni demolish and properly dispose of the old home and set up her new one! We promise to post photos once she’s all moved in. A huge thank you from Toni and the band for everyone’s support! #PJActivism

That's great news!! :)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Yes, really great news! I would love to help plant flowers, demo, move, or something for her.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Yes, really great news! I would love to help plant flowers, demo, move, or something for her.

If I lived closed by I would totally lend a hand to help her out too.
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805

Awesome! =D>
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    demetrios said:

RKCNDY said:

If I lived closed by I would totally lend a hand to help her out too.
    You could tile the hell out of the new place, D!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    That's awesome news! :)
  • Options
    pljampljam Posts: 387
    It's a win , win situation,I purchased at auction through 10c two PJ signed posters,one for me and one for my son,we always go to PJ and ED concerts together here in Australia and have on every tour since 2003.
    I am grateful my hard earned goes to somebody in need and in return we get some treasured item's that will be ours for a lifetime.
    Win win