Options

Winter Tour Date Rumors?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

Unfinished business at wrigley for sure. It wasn't a destination weekend but a disaster weekend.

Anyone who thinks that was a good PJ concert is in denial. The band even knows it was a complete failure.

A complete failure?? Things definitely didn't go as planned, but I wouldn't call it a failure. It was unfortunate that the weather really fucked things up. It just sucks because if they played the setlist that they intended to play, it would have been an all-time classic show.

Personally, I think they should have changed up the setlist when they came back on. After a 2-3 hour delay, coming back with the Cubs song and then All Night didn't exactly get the crowd going...should have came back out with something like Corduroy to get the crowd back into it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited September 2014
    jason_94 said:

Unfinished business at wrigley for sure. It wasn't a destination weekend but a disaster weekend.

Anyone who thinks that was a good PJ concert is in denial. The band even knows it was a complete failure.

With all due respect, I think it was very far from any type of failure.

Granted, things didn't go exactly as planned and the "flow" of the show was a little messed up. However, I (& my friends) had a great time, great weekend, great concert, and great memories.

Putting my personal feelings and experiences aside and not even considering them, there were several things that made that night far from a complete failure. The band did sound great and put on one hell of a show. I have read that the 1st set stood out for several people as some of the best performances they had heard.

The fact that they even came back out after the rain was completely awesome on their part. Then, to top that off, they played for more than 2 more hours all the way until 2:00am. That in it's self is amazing. They could have easily packed it up once the rain hit or came out and played half of what they actually did. They had to have pulled a lot of strings to pull off both coming back out & playing until 2:00am. That was quite amazing & I'm very grateful for that!

Now, I realize everyone there had different experiences, different expectations, & different opinions on how everything went and I respect everyone of them. I just don't think it was a complete failure.

And that's just my meaningless opinion. Lol :)
    I agree. So there was a rain delay. Big deal. For me, that show included the best performance of Release ever followed by a truly beautiful entire first set including the best Come Back ever. Also had the coolest sounding RVM ever, a really incredible version of Porch, amazing Chloe/Crown, the most hilarious Bugs done live so far, so many other songs that had a small but impactful little spin on it - i was so impressed - fucking Ernie Banks came out and talked about us being in his house, the band played under a bright full moon in a post-storm sky until 2 am at Wrigley field, and the sound actually completely blew my mind, it was so much better than i expected at that venue. And Eddie's voice sounded better than it had in a long time, and hasn't sounded better since. And for me, that storm and completely amazing. We don't get storms anything like that where I am. The intensity of the lightning was so cool for me to see in person! I'd never seen anything like that!

I am not in denial. That show wasn't a failure. The only #FAIL that night, IMO, were all the whiners. I couldn't believe how little stamina full grown adults were displaying.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited September 2014

The only reason they came back out was to not eat their profits and deal with refund bullshit. This is 2013 PJ, not 1993 PJ. Money talks for the band.

That's why they paid a $75,000 fine just so they could break curfew in LA last year? And who knows how much they had to pay to keep playing at Wrigley. I bet that wasn't a free favour.

Man, buck up. Your extreme pessimism is hard to take - it's making me feel bad for you.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    PJ_Soul said:

The only reason they came back out was to not eat their profits and deal with refund bullshit. This is 2013 PJ, not 1993 PJ. Money talks for the band.

That's why they paid a $75,000 fine just so they could break curfew in LA last year? And who knows how much they had to pay to keep playing at Wrigley. I bet that wasn't a free favour.

Man, buck up. Your extreme pessimism is hard to take - it's making me feel bad for you.
    \m/
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    I dont think there going to take a break they havent taken a year break for years there going to strong right now for a break im expecting more shows.. Lets Go Canada!!
  • Options

Lets Go Canada!!

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Well I'm sure they will want to escape the Cold Bitter Winter of North America and come to the Warm Sunny shores of Australia ;)
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Japan

...just a guess...
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    C'mon Eddie, bring out your 38 different stringed instruments and do a solo tour. :)
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

C'mon Eddie, bring out your 38 different stringed instruments and do a solo tour. :)

Sounds GREAT to me...
    Would LOVE an Ed solo tour!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

A complete failure?? Things definitely didn't go as planned, but I wouldn't call it a failure. It was unfortunate that the weather really fucked things up. It just sucks because if they played the setlist that they intended to play, it would have been an all-time classic show.

Personally, I think they should have changed up the setlist when they came back on. After a 2-3 hour delay, coming back with the Cubs song and then All Night didn't exactly get the crowd going...should have came back out with something like Corduroy to get the crowd back into it.
    They had to come out with the cubs song.. Ernie had to get to bed!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"