just discovered that channel about three months ago and enjoy it
    and yes I know I'm a slow learner
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Thanks was going to post this as well!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • tkacztkacz Posts: 91
    Hey all, thanks for Posting ! We are psyched to represent the PJ family on the show !

If you are in the LA area, come join us at the Whisky on Tuesday. Come and get on Live TV with the rest of the LA Faithfull ! SHould be fun!

Tix are free and can be found here : http://bit.ly/1bgq5A4
    The show will air LIVE on AXSTV at 7pm pt /10pm et

We will also be gathering after the show at the Rainbow right up the street. Everyone welcome !

more details can be found here :
    http://www.facebook.com/tenband
    or
    @‌TenbandPJTrib

thanks everyone !!

todd
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Two day warning bump!
    Wow! These guys kicked ass! Airs again in less than an hour, at midnight Eastern/9 Pacific.
  • B.KutysB.Kutys Posts: 119
    Musically they were good. The guitarist with the full sleeves was great.

The singer was a douche. You'd figure a tribute band singer would know the lyrics. Her legs spread out before me???? Come on now. He was painful to watch.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Look, much respect to my musician sisters and brothers, but I can't stand tribute bands. Esp. Pearl Jam ones.
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited November 2014

Look, much respect to my musician sisters and brothers, but I can't stand tribute bands. Esp. Pearl Jam ones.

Did you even watch it? I wasn't sure how I'd react to a Pearl Jam tribute band, but I was impressed.

Post edited by darthvedder on
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Anybody remember itchy fish?
  • skanji32skanji32 Posts: 592
    Hoping someone can record this and share!! D, miss ya brotha!!!
    My 22 shows:
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Montreal, Toronto
    2000 - Montreal, Toronto
    2003 - Toronto, Montreal
    2004 - Boston I, Boston II
    2005 - Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa
    2013 - London, Seattle
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
  • tkacztkacz Posts: 91
    edited November 2014
    Thanks all who joined us in person and watched the show ! We had a blast with everyone and it was really a great PJ crowd with cool energy at the whisky that night! Such a great community of folks we all have here. Very special....

We totally get that its hard to please everyone, especially with this band we all love. It's totally cool. What we've come to find is that the show has become something that we all can share and have fun with... thats why we keep on doing it. Sharing the fun with our fellow PJ fans every night.

Hope everyone had fun watching.

Thanks !

btw.. Nick is actually a pretty nice guy once you get to know him. ;-) Nick actually says "Were laid out before me" As in "sheets of clay were laid out before me" (I had to double check the tape to be sure) , lol.... I don't personally know if thats accurate, but B.Kutys your interpretation made me crack up... we have been busting Nicks balls all the way home about it ! too funny ! All good brother ;-) Thanks for the kind thoughts about the music

Post edited by tkacz on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    edited November 2014
    Don't have that channel. But downloading now ..

THE TEN BAND A TRIBUTE TO PEARL JAM
    NOV 11TH 2011
    The Whisky-A-Go-Go West Hollywood CA DVD

Source: AXS TV network NTSC feed
    Recorder: Panasonic model DMR-E20 XP mode SD/finalized
    SOFTWARE : Traders little helper ver 2.7.0 build 172
    Time: 60 minutes

One of AXSTV’s World’s Greatest Tribute Bands, Ten is the nation’s premier fan tribute to the legendary rock band Pearl Jam. Touring the continental US and beyond since 2003, the band has played over 500 shows nationwide to standing room only crowds, and has developed a truly unique show for die-hards and casual fans alike.

Ten has generated a tremendous buzz in US markets nationwide for their authentic reproduction of a live Pearl Jam concert. “This is the most authentic tribute act I have ever seen, and I have seen a bunch” was the quote of a representative of Clear Channel Communications at the inaugural show in May of 2003. Since that night Ten has performed well over 500 shows over 10 yrs and has firmly established themselves as the premier touring Pearl Jam Tribute act in the US and probably the world…

As the longest touring Tribute to Pearl Jam in the US, Ten will be touring nationally once again in 2014!

setlist:

ONCE
    State of Love and Trust
    Evenflow
    Jeremy
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Given to Fly
    Daughter
    Porch
    Black
    Betterman
    Alive
    Post edited by demetrios on
    I was thinking...tribute bands are one of the few things you can judge by their cover(s).

I thought it was cool that The Ten Band included tags like RITFW in Daughter and SIFL in Betterman.
  • Watched last night and you guys killed it. Sounded great and looked fun. Only nit pick part was that your lead guitarist should be on the other side of the stage ;)