Options

2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252

Same old fucking Bears. Can't believe I was so optimistic...offensive line is absolute garbage again.

I could say "calm down, it's only week 1"

Orrrrrrrrrr

I could say "please refer to my post from September 6"

You can chose which outlook to have. :anguished:
    Haha yeah, I should probably be somewhere in the middle. Just a very frustrating game because the Texans aren't that good. What an awful 2nd half. I know the O-line has only been practicing together for a few days so hopefully they keep getting better as the season goes on....Cutler didn't have a fucking chance out there in the 2nd half. Defense looked better at times, but it still felt like there was so much open space in the middle of the field as always.
    I"m still taking the optimistic approach at this point.
    O-line:
    The o-line will get better. As you mentioned, they only practiced I think 4 times in total as a group. Whitehair played decent for being at a new spot. Him shorting that QB sneak to Cutler hurt though as I'm certain they would have had it pretty easily had Jay been able to grab it. I think the o-line will gel. The Texan's defense is still a top 5 defense so taking that into consideration...
    Well, they'll have to get better or #6 will be broken in two by week 3.
    QB:
    Cutler looked good in the first half, but seemed incredibly frustrated in the second. He probably held on to the ball more than he should, but considering your WRs aren't running the correct plays, it's probably better to hold on to it until a guy is truly open.
    WR:
    Jeffery looked good and Royal was shockingly effective. White still has a TON to learn. He was never a great route runner in college and was known to drop balls, both of which he did in week 1. All in all, I was hoping to see more separation from these guys. Seemed like every time they showed a "behind the QB" replay, everyone was tied up and not doing much to get open. That's a bad combo with a leaky o-line! Oh, and too many damned dropped balls! WTF?!?!
    RB:
    Langford has some speed, but man, you touch that guy with your pinky and he's going down! The guy had the worst stat last year for yards after contact, and it's clear why. Ugh! I was hoping to see more of the other guys, Carey and Howard.

Defense:
    D-line:
    Barely any pressure on Osweiler. Unless they were bringing the blitz from the LBs, the guy had all day to throw.
    LBs:
    By the end of the year, and assuming they stay healthy, they could be the best in football. Add McPhee to the mix and it could be fun to watch.
    CBs:
    Other than Porter's INT, they couldn't keep up.

All in all, I think they have far more talent than last year's team. Once they gel and start reading their playbooks, I think they can still make a push for the playoffs.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited September 2016
    If you get rid of Cutler then maybe but not until then.
    I am a Packer fan though...
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

Riiiiight, as replacing the QB will fix the o-line, CBs, DLine, and WRs running wrong routes...

:scratcheshead:

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742
    mca47 said:

RobbyD462 said:

Riiiiight, as replacing the QB will fix the o-line, CBs, DLine, and WRs running wrong routes...

It's funny how many people out there think that Cutler is the Bears only problem. Yes, he's not a great QB, but they have so many more problems besides him.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

mca47 said:

RobbyD462 said:

It's funny how many people out there think that Cutler is the Bears only problem. Yes, he's not a great QB, but they have so many more problems besides him.
    Jerk face jay is just an easy target for criticism..basically since he's JFJ..the problems Mca mentioned are far worse. Give him some time in the pocket and he's an above average to very good qb.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Same old fucking Bears. Can't believe I was so optimistic...offensive line is absolute garbage again.

I could say "calm down, it's only week 1"

Orrrrrrrrrr

I could say "please refer to my post from September 6"

You can chose which outlook to have. :anguished:
    Haha yeah, I should probably be somewhere in the middle. Just a very frustrating game because the Texans aren't that good. What an awful 2nd half. I know the O-line has only been practicing together for a few days so hopefully they keep getting better as the season goes on....Cutler didn't have a fucking chance out there in the 2nd half. Defense looked better at times, but it still felt like there was so much open space in the middle of the field as always.
    I"m still taking the optimistic approach at this point.
    O-line:
    The o-line will get better. As you mentioned, they only practiced I think 4 times in total as a group. Whitehair played decent for being at a new spot. Him shorting that QB sneak to Cutler hurt though as I'm certain they would have had it pretty easily had Jay been able to grab it. I think the o-line will gel. The Texan's defense is still a top 5 defense so taking that into consideration...
    Well, they'll have to get better or #6 will be broken in two by week 3.
    QB:
    Cutler looked good in the first half, but seemed incredibly frustrated in the second. He probably held on to the ball more than he should, but considering your WRs aren't running the correct plays, it's probably better to hold on to it until a guy is truly open.
    WR:
    Jeffery looked good and Royal was shockingly effective. White still has a TON to learn. He was never a great route runner in college and was known to drop balls, both of which he did in week 1. All in all, I was hoping to see more separation from these guys. Seemed like every time they showed a "behind the QB" replay, everyone was tied up and not doing much to get open. That's a bad combo with a leaky o-line! Oh, and too many damned dropped balls! WTF?!?!
    RB:
    Langford has some speed, but man, you touch that guy with your pinky and he's going down! The guy had the worst stat last year for yards after contact, and it's clear why. Ugh! I was hoping to see more of the other guys, Carey and Howard.

Defense:
    D-line:
    Barely any pressure on Osweiler. Unless they were bringing the blitz from the LBs, the guy had all day to throw.
    LBs:
    By the end of the year, and assuming they stay healthy, they could be the best in football. Add McPhee to the mix and it could be fun to watch.
    CBs:
    Other than Porter's INT, they couldn't keep up.

All in all, I think they have far more talent than last year's team. Once they gel and start reading their playbooks, I think they can still make a push for the playoffs.
    Haha once they start reading the play book.

I think the bears will hang in games but continue to fall short in most of them...7 wins max
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    at least you have the cubs.

john fox, not long for soldier field.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    3-13
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    RobbyD462 said:

-Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    So....who are the Bears going to draft with the first pick in the 2017 NFL draft?

Time to find out what the front office is truly capable of.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    What a fucking disaster. And now it looks like Cutler will be out for awhile with a thumb injury. When do the Blackhawks start??
  • Options
    Looks like cheap (or free) seats will be available before it gets cold. This team and overall orginazation is a mess
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Looks like cheap (or free) seats will be available before it gets cold. This team and overall orginazation is a mess

I'm going to the game in Indy in a couple weeks for my annual trip....I kinda wish I could cancel that right now.

I thought they really improved the roster in the offseason, but I guess it was in much worse shape than I thought. It's too bad that one of the best fanbases in the NFL is stuck with this incompetent organization.
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

I'm going to the game in Indy in a couple weeks for my annual trip....I kinda wish I could cancel that right now.

I thought they really improved the roster in the offseason, but I guess it was in much worse shape than I thought. It's too bad that one of the best fanbases in the NFL is stuck with this incompetent organization.
    Yea but it will still be a good trip im sure. At least your not going far.

Not winning at soldier field is disgraceful for our fanbase. I didn't stay awake for the 4th quarter but there aren't any bright spots on this team right now. Eddie royal I guess but whos gonna throw to him now?! Loved the "robbie" chants after the fg miss.
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

Not winning at soldier field is disgraceful for our fanbase. I didn't stay awake for the 4th quarter but there aren't any bright spots on this team right now. Eddie royal I guess but whos gonna throw to him now?! Loved the "robbie" chants after the fg miss.
    Oh yeah, it will still be a good time....always a ton of Bears fans at away games. I'm just so down on the Bears right now.

3-13 at home the past 2 seasons and now off to a 0-1 this year. Pathetic.
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

Personnel wise, this team should be much better than last year's team.
    I can see some hope in the defense....some.
    The loss of Gase as OC is looking to be the biggest "change". Loggains calling the plays has been a complete joke thus far. Conservative and predictable. <-- Those two words summarize it best. I watch other teams offense and they run modern plays, have guys actually moving to get open, and run systems that keep defenses on their toes. Hell, you could even see it with the Eagles last night. It seems like the Bears have a playbook from the early 90's and are unwilling to try anything new.
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

I'd say J. Freeman has been the biggest bright spot on this team. That guy is all over the damn place making plays!
    It is good to see a healthy Royal again.
  • Options

Wma31394 said:

Wma31394 said:

3-13 at home the past 2 seasons and now off to a 0-1 this year. Pathetic.
    Ticket prices go up every year.
    They sell every seat for every game.
    And the Bears are 3-13 in the last 16 games...

Crazy.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Wma31394 said:

The loss of Gase as OC is looking to be the biggest "change". Loggains calling the plays has been a complete joke thus far. Conservative and predictable.
    Yep, I guess losing Gase is a much bigger loss than expected. Completely agree that Loggains play calling has been bad....doesn't seem like they do anything creative on offense at all. The go-to play is throw it up to Jeffery. Jeffery is great and that play works at times, but you need more than that to have any success.
  • Options

mca47 said:

Wma31394 said:

The loss of Gase as OC is looking to be the biggest "change". Loggains calling the plays has been a complete joke thus far. Conservative and predictable.
    Yep, I guess losing Gase is a much bigger loss than expected. Completely agree that Loggains play calling has been bad....doesn't seem like they do anything creative on offense at all. The go-to play is throw it up to Jeffery. Jeffery is great and that play works at times, but you need more than that to have any success.
    Yeah, I don't get it at all. It seems like the WRs/TEs run their short to intermediate routes and then stop. I get, that having a weak line and a QB constantly running for his life doesn't allow for deep routes, but you look at the replays and it's so rare to see anyone open or trying to get open after the play breaks down. You look at teams like Green Bay or the Pats, and they are always moving and allowing for Rodgers to at least find a guy. With the Bears it's almost like "Well, I ran my route, and if the ball isn't coming, #6 is probably on the turf."
    White, who is still very raw, should be expanding the defense. The guy is the fastest on the team and he's running short "ins" or dump offs. Gruden mentioned that White didn't seem all that fast in practice, so I wonder if he's still getting his leg strength under him, but it makes no sense. Jeffery has made some great plays, and that deep ball he caught last night was one of the few times he actually made separation. Cutler got it down there, but had he had a second more, he probably could have hit him in stride. Instead, he had to throw a bomb as he was getting blasted to the turf.
  • Options
    Ryan Pace might seriously be fucked now. The season obviously hasn't gone as planned. First rounder has been a no-show for the most part and now their starting QB has gone down without any future prospect in line. Not getting a QB in the draft is going to end up being a collosal mistake.
    If they stay in the mix and Cutler comes back, they could draft a QB in the offseason and groom him up. If they keep losing, they might as well trade or cut Cutler and let Fales play. And besides, how many games before Hoyer is taken out on a stretcher playing behind that line?!?! Ugh!
    It's a luxury when you can start a rookie like Wentz and have him play well. That wouldn't happen if he was playing for the Bears. That kid would get destroyed and scarred for life behind that line.

I know a lot of people who are "Yeah, finally Cutler is probably done! Hooray!" but they have no idea, absolutely no idea...that him getting hurt was the biggest blow to the team for this season and next due to the fact that Pace didn't think of the future.

Oh, and speaking of the o-line...Massey is completely worthless. He alone has given up what, 5 sacks? Two last night, the guy ran right by him untouched! The fuck is that? Oh, and I question if Long's shoulder is bothering him more than he admits. He looked slow and out of place last night. If they keep tanking, take him out and get him the surgery that he needs. Whitehair has show flashes, but any time there is more than one guy coming in his direction, he seems clueless how to handle it.

Ugh, this team makes me mad!
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Ryan Pace might seriously be fucked now. The season obviously hasn't gone as planned. First rounder has been a no-show for the most part and now their starting QB has gone down without any future prospect in line. Not getting a QB in the draft is going to end up being a collosal mistake.
    If they stay in the mix and Cutler comes back, they could draft a QB in the offseason and groom him up. If they keep losing, they might as well trade or cut Cutler and let Fales play. And besides, how many games before Hoyer is taken out on a stretcher playing behind that line?!?! Ugh!
    It's a luxury when you can start a rookie like Wentz and have him play well. That wouldn't happen if he was playing for the Bears. That kid would get destroyed and scarred for life behind that line.

I know a lot of people who are "Yeah, finally Cutler is probably done! Hooray!" but they have no idea, absolutely no idea...that him getting hurt was the biggest blow to the team for this season and next due to the fact that Pace didn't think of the future.

Oh, and speaking of the o-line...Massey is completely worthless. He alone has given up what, 5 sacks? Two last night, the guy ran right by him untouched! The fuck is that? Oh, and I question if Long's shoulder is bothering him more than he admits. He looked slow and out of place last night. If they keep tanking, take him out and get him the surgery that he needs. Whitehair has show flashes, but any time there is more than one guy coming in his direction, he seems clueless how to handle it.

Ugh, this team makes me mad!

I like what Pace has done, but not drafting a QB this past draft was a big mistake.

It's funny to see all these people happy that Cutler will prob be gone soon. Yes, Cutler is an average QB. But it blows my mind how many people think Cutler has been the only problem with this team. This roster is a fucking mess. Those stats they showed on MNF last night about how few players on the Bears roster have been drafted by the Bears was embarrassing....I think it was something like 20 players and none that were drafted prior to 2011.

Massey has been really bad. Can't imagine Long is going to be his usual self is he's really playing with a torn labrum like it has been reported. Royal and Freeman looked good last night. And I would like to see Jordan Howard get some more carries...only had 3 carries last night, but actually showed a burst. Haven't seen much of that from Langford the first 2 games.

At least you have the Cubs mca....I'm a Sox fan so it has been a miserable few months for me sports-wise....I was so jacked up for the Bears but what a clunker of a start to the season. Ahh well, I always have the Blackhawks.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd like to see more from Howard too. He looked faster than I remember him when he was playing for Indiana. Langford drives me crazy because the second he's touched, he's going down. I believe he actually led in this category from RBs last year...fewest yards after contact. Howard is a much stronger guy who, while in Indiana, would constantly fight through tackles.

So, it sounds like Cutler may have actually hurt his hand during the Houston game and re-injured it or it got worse during the Eagles game. Something definitely didn't seem right, even out of the gate. Then again, Fox downplays every injury as it is.
    Read some stuff and watched some stuff today from football "analysts" talking about how Jay should have been tougher and stayed in the game and compared it to the NFC Championship game back in the day. So dumb. A QB that can't grip a football has no place being on the field. Give me a fucking break.
  • Options
    I also love how McPhee got in his face last night. McPhee, the guy who has spent more time of the bench than the field since being a Bear calling out a guy who actually played and got pummeled all night. And once again, Cutler took the high road.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Read some stuff and watched some stuff today from football "analysts" talking about how Jay should have been tougher and stayed in the game and compared it to the NFC Championship game back in the day. So dumb. A QB that can't grip a football has no place being on the field. Give me a fucking break.

Yeah, no matter what Cutler does the "analysts" are going to rip him. The crazy part of all that is that most of Cutler's teammates love him so I guess this whole bad rep of his is based off his demeanor on the sidelines and his facial expressions.....so stupid. And yeah, a QB that can't grip the ball properly has no business being out there.....he clearly tried to play through it, but took himself out when he realized that he couldn't.
  • Options

mca47 said:

Yeah, no matter what Cutler does the "analysts" are going to rip him. The crazy part of all that is that most of Cutler's teammates love him so I guess this whole bad rep of his is based off his demeanor on the sidelines and his facial expressions.....so stupid. And yeah, a QB that can't grip the ball properly has no business being out there.....he clearly tried to play through it, but took himself out when he realized that he couldn't.
    Yep, if he didn't play in that game they'd be calling him a pussy. He tried to fight through it and did the right thing and they are on his ass. I guess I don't get why doing the right thing for the team as a whole became such a talking point for so many.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    You guys stink.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

You guys stink.

We know.
  • Options
    What a pathetic half of football. I don't care how many guys are out....the cowboys aren't that great of a team. Embarrassing.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763

You guys stink.

Fuck...on behalf of Bears fans everywhere, I think we will thank you for the compliment.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory