Options

2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

That is definitely something to be stoked about. To bad Forte is gone. I would have liked to see him play.

I defended cutler for many hears, but God damn, he just isn't that good.

My wife and I plan on making each game we attend an "Event". I remember as a kid my father would take me to a Bears game, and it was always an event. The shuttle to the game, the game itself, then my dad would take me out to a nice steakhouse after the game. As a 50 year old man, I still cherish these memories. My wife and I are going to do the same. 4 Sundays this fall/winter, are going to be an event. I am truly like a little kid in a candy store, as far as these Bears tickets are concerned. To say I am a little excited is an understatement.

That's awesome. I had similar experiences going to cubs games when I was little.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    The bears needed to improve alot this off season. None more than the linebacker position. They can't be worse than they have been the past 2 years.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250

The bears needed to improve alot this off season. None more than the linebacker position. They can't be worse than they have been the past 2 years.

I'm predicting a 9-7 10-6 kind of year.
    Fox has done well in season 2 for teams he's coached.
    The Bears have more talent.
    Much faster defense.
    Same system offensively.
    Much easier schedule than last year.

Those NFC North games are going to be HUGE this year as I have a feeling the Bears and Vikings are going to have similar wins/losses.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    10-6? That's very optimistic. Green Bay and minnesota will be tough. Detroit is always a crap shoot. I was thinking along the lines of 7-9 or 8-8. Losing Forte is a huge loss. And who knows if Alshon can stay healthy enough to lead the receiving core. He can if he's on the field.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    mca47 said:

I'm predicting a 9-7 10-6 kind of year.
    Fox has done well in season 2 for teams he's coached.
    The Bears have more talent.
    Much faster defense.
    Same system offensively.
    Much easier schedule than last year.

Those NFC North games are going to be HUGE this year as I have a feeling the Bears and Vikings are going to have similar wins/losses.
    I'm right with ya at 9-7/10-6. I definitely think they will contend for a wild card spot. I think the linebackers are going to be awesome. Will definitely help out a weak secondary (as usual).

Cutler had a nice year last season. He is what he is at this point....a slightly above average QB. He'll make some great throws and some awful throws. Can definitely win with him.

Being a white sox fan, I CAN'T WAIT for football to start! Just a few more weeks!

• Options
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17212246/chicago-bears-qb-jay-cutler-brushes-criticism-former-teammate-martellus-bennett

Shocking that Martellus Bennett would rip Cutler. Always open huh? He's so damn slow. So happy they got rid of that shithead.

A lot of injuries so far in camp....still very early so not concerned just yet. Only a few more weeks to go!
  • Options

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17212246/chicago-bears-qb-jay-cutler-brushes-criticism-former-teammate-martellus-bennett

Shocking that Martellus Bennett would rip Cutler. Always open huh? He's so damn slow. So happy they got rid of that shithead.

A lot of injuries so far in camp....still very early so not concerned just yet. Only a few more weeks to go!

Bennet was pretty good. Do you think he sucked or cutler sucked? My guess cutler sucks. The last 2 tight ends the bears had went on to have very good careers.
  • Options

Bennet was pretty good. Do you think he sucked or cutler sucked? My guess cutler sucks. The last 2 tight ends the bears had went on to have very good careers.
    Bennett was a good player. It was his attitude that was the problem....always bitching and crying about something. Cutler isn't great, but I wouldn't say that he sucks or that he's the worst QB in the league like Martellus and his dipshit brother said.
  • Options

Bennett's two best years were when #6 was throwing him the ball. He had flashes in Dallas and NY, but never made a real name for himself until he came to Chicago.
    Bennett has all the physical talent in the world, he's just needs to focus and reel in his emotions.

In my option, this summed up Bennett's career in Chicago.

Dropped balls, running wrong routes, missed blocks, shit talking and fighting teammates...and occasionally catching a TD.

Last year alone, I can vividly remember a handful of routes he ran wrong two leading to picks. He either didn't know the play or simply ran the routes wrong. Let us also not forget the 2-point conversion that was stuffed...why? Because Bennett thought it was a pass play and rolled out to the side instead of blocking for Langford...who got completely stuffed...and we lost the game.
    Let us also not forget all the dropped balls, many on third down and long that would have converted had he simply done the job he was hired to do.

I think he has the potential of putting up good numbers in NE, but I wonder how long it is before he's bitching about Gronk getting all the touches?
  • Options

Olsen and who else are you thinking of?
    Bennett hasn't proven anything yet.

I'm hoping Moeaki steps up in pre-season. He played well in KC when he was healthy. Seems like he hasn't gotten a real shot to get back.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Olsen and who else are you thinking of?
    Bennett hasn't proven anything yet.

I'm hoping Moeaki steps up in pre-season. He played well in KC when he was healthy. Seems like he hasn't gotten a real shot to get back.
    Maybe I was thinking of Olsen and ditka.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Bennett's two best years were when #6 was throwing him the ball. He had flashes in Dallas and NY, but never made a real name for himself until he came to Chicago.
    Bennett has all the physical talent in the world, he's just needs to focus and reel in his emotions.

In my option, this summed up Bennett's career in Chicago.

Dropped balls, running wrong routes, missed blocks, shit talking and fighting teammates...and occasionally catching a TD.

Last year alone, I can vividly remember a handful of routes he ran wrong two leading to picks. He either didn't know the play or simply ran the routes wrong. Let us also not forget the 2-point conversion that was stuffed...why? Because Bennett thought it was a pass play and rolled out to the side instead of blocking for Langford...who got completely stuffed...and we lost the game.
    Let us also not forget all the dropped balls, many on third down and long that would have converted had he simply done the job he was hired to do.

I think he has the potential of putting up good numbers in NE, but I wonder how long it is before he's bitching about Gronk getting all the touches?
    Summed up very well. It will be interesting to see how Marty fits into the "Patriot Way". Like you said, you know he won't like Gronk getting all the touches. There's a reason a guy as talented as him is on his 4th team.
  • Options
    This team has looked absolutely pathetic!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

That was AWFUL yesterday. They looked decent in their 2nd game against the Pats, but that was horrible yesterday. Hopefully they can get a few guys healthy in time for the season opener.
  • Options
    Part of me is "ugh", and another is "well, it's preseason".
    The more I see and read up on the Bears this season, the more I'm starting to believe that Fox and company are just going through the motions and hoping nobody else gets hurt.
    You got a guy like White, who is probably the fastest guy on the team, and every play to him has been a slant or a screen. Not once have they sent him long...not once. Instead, all the balls to him have been low-impact. That doesn't bother me much as we need him healthy. What bothers me is the dropped balls and poor route running. White and Jeffery dropped easy catches on Saturday. Jeffery, the guy who wants top-5 WR money dropped a ball that should have netted him and the team 50+ yards.
    #6 was pretty wild in his throws, but wild low...which is def better than wild high.
    The o-line scares me. Long will be back which is huge, but they have literally no depth in that line. Someone is bound to get hurt at some point and miss some time yet we have a giant lack of talent behind them.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,745

They are the Good Charlotte of the NFL....and that's a bad thing for us fans.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    alls I know is I drafted zero bears for my fantasy team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    And that's still one too many!

You got the San Francisco golden boy Colin K. as your starting QB?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I picked up Zack Miller in the second to last round.
    I'm sure he'll get hurt on the first snap of the season, but I figured, why not?
  • Options
    So long, Robbie Gould. Kinda strange that they waited until this late to cut him, but I'm fine with that move. He struggled last year and was due $4M this year. I love the Josh Sitton signing....was shocked that the Packers released him. He makes the offensive line much better immediately. Can't wait for the season to get started!
  • Options
    I'm afraid for the season to get started. Have a feeling it's gonna be a long one.
  • Options

I'm afraid for the season to get started. Have a feeling it's gonna be a long one.

You really think it will be that bad? The defense can't get much worse than it was last year. Love the additions of Trevathan and Freeman. Getting Josh Sitton at the last minute was a very nice surprise. I feel confident about this season....9-7 and will battle for a wild card spot.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Alshon should be a top 15 WR
  • Options

You really think it will be that bad? The defense can't get much worse than it was last year. Love the additions of Trevathan and Freeman. Getting Josh Sitton at the last minute was a very nice surprise. I feel confident about this season....9-7 and will battle for a wild card spot.
    I am doing my best to not count on anything with this team. The NFL is fantastic when it comes to parody. There are always teams people expect to suck that make the playoffs. John Fox seems to always do better his 2nd year. I trust what Pace is doing (not as much as Theo). There are definitely some potential bright spots, but they haven't shown it quite yet and it seems like they should have showed SOMETHING by now.

I could look at last year and having so many close losses. Maybe a couple of those go the other way this year and they become a playoff team. Or maybe they over achieved last year and lose an extra game or two but by larger margins. Thing is, if they win 9 or 10 and sneak into the playoffs, they are highly unlikely to do any damage. That just keeps them in the middle of the draft for yet another year. I call it NFL Draft Purgatory. I mean, I hope I'm wrong, I really do but I just need to see it first.
  • Options
    Bears 24
    Texans 20
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    Texans 24
    Bears 13

Happy Football Sunday!

:)
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    Same old fucking Bears. Can't believe I was so optimistic...offensive line is absolute garbage again.
  • Options

Same old fucking Bears. Can't believe I was so optimistic...offensive line is absolute garbage again.

I could say "calm down, it's only week 1"

Orrrrrrrrrr

I could say "please refer to my post from September 6"

You can chose which outlook to have. :anguished:
  • Options

I could say "calm down, it's only week 1"

Orrrrrrrrrr

I could say "please refer to my post from September 6"

You can chose which outlook to have. :anguished:
    Haha yeah, I should probably be somewhere in the middle. Just a very frustrating game because the Texans aren't that good. What an awful 2nd half. I know the O-line has only been practicing together for a few days so hopefully they keep getting better as the season goes on....Cutler didn't have a fucking chance out there in the 2nd half. Defense looked better at times, but it still felt like there was so much open space in the middle of the field as always.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    It was halftime and I was like the bears look comptetive and was feeling good about the game and team..hahah that didn't last long!!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"