Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Okay agree not to scale but similar individual type events. So same tactics they use can be more used in the lower 48. The guy that broke Into car dealer is prime example. Reason cop was fired.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callen said:

Okay agree not to scale but similar individual type events. So same tactics they use can be more used in the lower 48. The guy that broke Into car dealer is prime example. Reason cop was fired.

I'm not sure 'just walking away' from criminals doing criminal things is the appropriate answer. I'm not saying mow 'em down is either, but if we want police to enforce laws and keep people safe... then we need them to do their job when they are called to duty.

If you are breaking the law and have attracted police attention... it's a good idea to stop breaking the law and concede- the gig is up.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

callen said:

I'm not sure 'just walking away' from criminals doing criminal things is the appropriate answer. I'm not saying mow 'em down is either, but if we want police to enforce laws and keep people safe... then we need them to do their job when they are called to duty.

If you are breaking the law and have attracted police attention... it's a good idea to stop breaking the law and concede- the gig is up.
    Started with watching tactics of Alaska troopers. Watch it. Debating detailed tactics for each situation will be going down a rabbit hole. Course again looking at dealership situation and others like you gun and kid in playground. Are perfect examples. Even ferguson. If the dude was in fact feet away from cop could of been handled better. But alas do t want to get into that whole debate again.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

There's also armed militia in ferguson isn't that counter productive ...

depends, did they shoot anybody, rob a store, start a fire or loot anything ? LOL!!!

Godfather.

No they didn't, but neither did John Crawford or Tamir Rice, and the police shot them without asking questions...I wonder what the difference is?
    is it o.k when people kill cops..just cause ? or when people kill other people just cause ? most blacks are killed by other blacks, most gang members are killed by other gang members and they all hate cops because the cops interupt thier daily criminal activitys...so I was thinking maybe some you folks would like to try and be police officers...maybe you could show these criminals the compasionate more loving method of law inforcement then we wouldn't need a milita...right ?

Godfather.
    There would be a lot more Dead cops if that experiment ever happend Godfather. Nothin more I enjoy from this forum than reading how people think Police should have handled certain situations that usually happen in a blink of an eye. The internet worldly experience of some on here is very comical and typical of most who have spent most of their life on the proverbial bench.
    Ok so you are the expert have you once come here with a constructive opinion as to how this country can get past the level of divided community's because as of now the minority community's don't trust your team they rather get killed by the criminals then rely on police force ....please enlighten us what do you think has to be done , don't hold back ...
    No freakin way. I have tried that before and have been called a racist by many. Being a realist is considered racist on here so now I just sit back and troll when it comes to things I intimately know something about. As I said, it's comical reading what the "neighborhood watch" people on here have to say about police abuse and what not...especially when people are still defending Micheal Browns actions. Carry on please....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

depends, did they shoot anybody, rob a store, start a fire or loot anything ? LOL!!!

Godfather.

No they didn't, but neither did John Crawford or Tamir Rice, and the police shot them without asking questions...I wonder what the difference is?
    is it o.k when people kill cops..just cause ? or when people kill other people just cause ? most blacks are killed by other blacks, most gang members are killed by other gang members and they all hate cops because the cops interupt thier daily criminal activitys...so I was thinking maybe some you folks would like to try and be police officers...maybe you could show these criminals the compasionate more loving method of law inforcement then we wouldn't need a milita...right ?

Godfather.
    There would be a lot more Dead cops if that experiment ever happend Godfather. Nothin more I enjoy from this forum than reading how people think Police should have handled certain situations that usually happen in a blink of an eye. The internet worldly experience of some on here is very comical and typical of most who have spent most of their life on the proverbial bench.
    Ok so you are the expert have you once come here with a constructive opinion as to how this country can get past the level of divided community's because as of now the minority community's don't trust your team they rather get killed by the criminals then rely on police force ....please enlighten us what do you think has to be done , don't hold back ...
    No freakin way. I have tried that before and have been called a racist by many. Being a realist is considered racist on here so now I just sit back and troll when it comes to things I intimately know something about. As I said, it's comical reading what the "neighborhood watch" people on here have to say about police abuse and what not...especially when people are still defending Micheal Browns actions. Carry on please....
    Ok I can respect your assessment of how you are viewd here , I've never ever called you a racist ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    Muskydan welcome the racist-bigot club LOL !

Godfather.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.
    No one is defending Michael browns actions.

So what is it? Is their DNA bad?

That or it's the environment. Right?
    Do give us your thoughts.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    callen said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

That's comical.
  • Options

callen said:

muskydan said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

That's comical.
    How? Show me post were someone defended his actions.
  • Options
    There are 81 pages in this thread. Not a chance I flip through them to show that. But at one point or another over the past year, I have read every post in this thread. So I am 100% positive I could find posts defending Brown and his actions. And for the record, I consider someone saying he didn't deserve to be shot defending his actions. He assaulted a cop. If you think he doesn't deserve to be shot, you're defending his actions.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

There are 81 pages in this thread. Not a chance I flip through them to show that. But at one point or another over the past year, I have read every post in this thread. So I am 100% positive I could find posts defending Brown and his actions. And for the record, I consider someone saying he didn't deserve to be shot defending his actions. He assaulted a cop. If you think he doesn't deserve to be shot, you're defending his actions.

That sounds batshit crazy.
    Of course assaulting a cop is about the dumbest thing you can do, and is likely to lead to getting shot, but you think assaulting a cop makes someone deserve to be shot? That's nuts.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Of course assaulting a cop is about the dumbest thing you can do, and is likely to lead to getting shot, but you think assaulting a cop makes someone deserve to be shot? That's nuts.
    Word to the wise, you better not come to my town with that attitude cause some batshit crazy cop might do what they are trained to do if one decides to attack a cop. It rarely turns out good for an offender.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    rgambs said:

if you brush up against a cop they can charge you. i witnessed in my anti iraq war protest days a cop spraying someone and when they tried to run away from the cop they brushed against the cop. the kid got tackled and arrested for assaulting the cop. bullshit charge and i tried to tell the cops that. they threatened to arrest me for impeding a police officer or some bullshit.

seriously, it was like watching a referree from the WWE get bumped into by a wrestler and they get "knocked out" for a few minutes.

i don't think assaulting a cop should be a capital offense. but darren wilson chose to execute this kid.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

rgambs said:

if you brush up against a cop they can charge you. i witnessed in my anti iraq war protest days a cop spraying someone and when they tried to run away from the cop they brushed against the cop. the kid got tackled and arrested for assaulting the cop. bullshit charge and i tried to tell the cops that. they threatened to arrest me for impeding a police officer or some bullshit.

seriously, it was like watching a referree from the WWE get bumped into by a wrestler and they get "knocked out" for a few minutes.

i don't think assaulting a cop should be a capital offense. but darren wilson chose to execute this kid.
    I suppose you are right, officer Wison should have just drove by and never looked back and let that model citizen lil Mike walk down the middle of the street To continue his ways. Get used to this new community driven policing cause it's coming to a city near you and the bad guy know it. But look on the bright side, there will be a lot more Lil Mikes to enrich society.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Word to the wise, you better not come to my town with that attitude cause some batshit crazy cop might do what they are trained to do if one decides to attack a cop. It rarely turns out good for an offender.
    Do you have a reading comprehension progled? Try reading it again and using your noggin' this time.

You throw the word commie around less than you throw around your communist dictator-style ideas of justice.
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    rgambs said:

muskydan said:

rgambs said:

Do you have a reading comprehension progled? Try reading it again and using your noggin' this time.

You throw the word commie around less than you throw around your communist dictator-style ideas of justice.
    I sure do, and get dumber And dumber every time I read most stuff on here. "Tick Tack Sir"
  • Options
    Carry on comrade, Militsiya Dlya Zhizni!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Carry on comrade, Militsiya Dlya Zhizni!

At-ta-Boy Gambs .
  • Options
    ....so what is the argument over ?
    1) dumb kid is a thug and a threat to his sorounding area.
    2)threatins cop and gets killed.
    it's a sad shame but he made a choice that cost him his life..it happens everyday but the media
    sold headlines with the "white cop" and "black teen" sales pitch and over 50% of the people bought the hype before even hearing what led up the shooting and by that time it didn't matter because it turned into an act of racism on the cops end and soooooo many got suckered into buying the poor 18 year old black child killed because of the color of his skin story....anything to make a buck..right ???
    how many people made money off this kid's death and career ending case for a young cop ???? I'd bet niether one wanted any of this to happen.

Godfather.
  • Options

rgambs said:

Darren Wilson wasn't playing judge and executioner. He wasn't executing brown. He was defending himself. Legally defending himself.

Can you seriously say that any other cop wouldn't have done the same thing?
  • Options
    edited August 2015

it's a sad shame but he made a choice that cost him his life..it happens everyday but the media
    sold headlines with the "white cop" and "black teen" sales pitch and over 50% of the people bought the hype before even hearing what led up the shooting and by that time it didn't matter because it turned into an act of racism on the cops end and soooooo many got suckered into buying the poor 18 year old black child killed because of the color of his skin story....anything to make a buck..right ???
    how many people made money off this kid's death and career ending case for a young cop ???? I'd bet niether one wanted any of this to happen.

Godfather.

Good morning GF.

Current discussion, Musky countered we are key board jockeys and don't have clue then stated some defended Michael Browns actions and Last12 backed that up. Countered not the case then Gambs and Musky used colorful language. HA.
    Post edited by callen on
  • Options
    callen said:

No one defen

Godfather.

Good morning GF.

Current discussion, Musky countered we are key board jockeys and don't have clue then stated some defended Michael Browns actions and Last12 backed that up. Countered not the case then Gambs and Musky used colorful language. HA.
    good morning to you bro ! it's funny how this subject has turned around, most on here only saw the young kid as an innocent victim in the begining and the racist thing got started..now that more evidiance has come to light the mood has changed, but that's not just here that's all over.

Godfather.

• Options

callen said:

No one defen

Godfather.

Good morning GF.

good morning to you bro ! it's funny how this subject has turned around, most on here only saw the young kid as an innocent victim in the begining and the racist thing got started..now that more evidiance has come to light the mood has changed, but that's not just here that's all over.

Godfather.

I don't know about anyone seeing him as an innocent victim. We all knew early on he was an ass in store. Of all the shit shootings that happened his isn't the worst agree. Should he be dead? That we'll never debate our selves out of.

• Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    rgambs said:

Yes
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Don't ya think we need to look at why Brown and others like him who have been in the news of late were committing the crimes they were in the first place ?
    The root of the problem is within the family and the community.Then education and of course that leads to economic issues.This whole nonsense movement out here with Black lives matter and blaming cops for all the troubles is not only misleading but bullshit.And just not realistic.

Accountability for ones actions and personal responsibility regardless of color still needs to be the focus.This movement should be looking inward instead of projecting at others.
    And before I get labeled a rascist also,let me tell you this comes from me paraphrasing a black leader that was on CNN last night talking about this issue and how the BLM movement is actually hurting the cause and diverting attention from the real issues.I agree.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
    rr165892 said:

Don't ya think we need to look at why Brown and others like him who have been in the news of late were committing the crimes they were in the first place ?
    The root of the problem is within the family and the community.Then education and of course that leads to economic issues.This whole nonsense movement out here with Black lives matter and blaming cops for all the troubles is not only misleading but bullshit.And just not realistic.

Accountability for ones actions and personal responsibility regardless of color still needs to be the focus.This movement should be looking inward instead of projecting at others.
    And before I get labeled a rascist also,let me tell you this comes from me paraphrasing a black leader that was on CNN last night talking about this issue and how the BLM movement is actually hurting the cause and diverting attention from the real issues.I agree.

Curing poverty will cure a lot of society's ailments.

But what are you willing to accept as a cure?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

Yes
    Opinions like that are the hallmark of places like North Korea, USSR, Maoist China, Nazi Germany.
    This is America and we have a Constitution, it's supposed to protect us against unreasonable search and seizure, state supression of free speech, and cruel and unusual punishment, all of which are being advocated by those defending police actions.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    did someone actually compare policing in Alaska to the inner cities of America? wow.

• Options
    rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

Yes
    Opinions like that are the hallmark of places like North Korea, USSR, Maoist China, Nazi Germany.
    This is America and we have a Constitution, it's supposed to protect us against unreasonable search and seizure, state supression of free speech, and cruel and unusual punishment, all of which are being advocated by those defending police actions.
    we also have laws and law enforcement to protect us from those of us will inflect harm on us
    so if a person choses to live aginst the law then they have to accept what comes with it and he knew the laws well enough to know what he was doing was wrong and you can't tell me he was not aware of the possible outcome, I'm sure he thought he could bully his way out of anything but he was wrong and paid the ultamate price.... that's very blunt but very true.

Godfather.

• Options

rgambs said:

rr165892 said:

rgambs said:

Yes
    we also have laws and law enforcement to protect us from those of us will inflect harm on us
    so if a person choses to live aginst the law then they have to accept what comes with it and he knew the laws well enough to know what he was doing was wrong and you can't tell me he was not aware of the possible outcome, I'm sure he thought he could bully his way out of anything but he was wrong and paid the ultamate price.... that's very blunt but very true.

Godfather.

He knew it was wrong, and it's one of the most idiotic things a person can do, but that isn't the same thing as deserving of being killed.