Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

chadwick said:

hedonist said:

Not sure if this is from the DOJ's autopsy (guess they didn't have much confidence in the initial one?), but it appears the six shots weren't fired into his back.

Wondering how this will turn the tide if at all.

i just talked to a fireman at the post office who told me he just read or saw on tv where the guy was shot twice in the arm(s) & twice in the top of his head. he told me they done the autopsy somewhere in new york. he then stated that it does appear like mike brown came at the cop something like a football player charging or whatever, head down. he also said it appears from the autopsy report & what witnesses are saying does not match but what matches is what the cop says
    I wonder what the witness (browns friend) will have to say when he is called to the stand......that should be classic.

Godfather.

I find it pretty ironic you are trashing a guy for how he speaks and comes off when you can't spell and don't realize how you come off to a lot people around here. I would imagine a lot of people have a similar opinion about you as you do about him.
    what the fuck are talking about ? you seem to have bullshit to say more than not.

Godfather.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    godfather, says the video is private
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    fbi says the new black panther leader is in town & inciting violence
    http://youtu.be/aXCDElVS-3w

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    chadwick said:

fbi says the new black panther leader is in town & inciting violence
    http://youtu.be/aXCDElVS-3w

I heard that dumbass saying that he could get up to 98% of the protesters off the streets after dark. The other 2% were people paid by the government to start rioting to warrant more police intervention.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

chadwick said:

fbi says The other 2% were people paid by the government to start rioting to warrant more police intervention.

This not unheard of. There have been cases, up here in Canada, of undercover police trying to incite riots among peaceful protesters.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/undercover-cops-tried-to-incite-violence-in-montebello-union-leader-1.646775

• Options
    dignin said:

chadwick said:

fbi says The other 2% were people paid by the government to start rioting to warrant more police intervention.

This not unheard of. There have been cases, up here in Canada, of undercover police trying to incite riots among peaceful protesters.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/undercover-cops-tried-to-incite-violence-in-montebello-union-leader-1.646775

whoops^^^ fucked that quoting up somehow.
  • Options
    quoting isn't exactly simple these days since the change

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwick said:

quoting isn't exactly simple these days since the change

Tell me about it.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Hopefully the Guard can restore some order. The bullshit between city, county and state police from the start has been so embarassing to watch. I feel ashamed that this is my hometown.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Man...there are many good people out there, and then according to some of them, others coming to town with other - their own - agendas.

2-feign, I can relate.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    chadwick said:

godfather, says the video is private

sorry about that.

Godfather.

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    Jesus what a fucking mess. Sounds like there are a handful of people that are trying to make this a violent protest. A lot of people seem to be all up in arms over the cops using tear gas, but I'm not sure what they're supposed to do when there are rocks, bottles, and molotov cocktails being thrown at them.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    What a disaster. I really hope someone else doesn't get killed.
  • Options

Jesus what a fucking mess. Sounds like there are a handful of people that are trying to make this a violent protest. A lot of people seem to be all up in arms over the cops using tear gas, but I'm not sure what they're supposed to do when there are rocks, bottles, and molotov cocktails being thrown at them.

Idiots. Absolute, complete, bona fide, 100% idiots.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    Media needs to own their part in furthering this.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    People arrested last night from fucking New York and California. GO THE FUCK HOME! STAY THE FUCK AWAY, PLEASE! I'm telling you its going to get worse, National Guard being shot by protesters, CNN idiots running around in the street. Mark my words, more people are going to get killed as a result of this.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

People arrested last night from fucking New York and California. GO THE FUCK HOME! STAY THE FUCK AWAY, PLEASE! I'm telling you its going to get worse, National Guard being shot by protesters, CNN idiots running around in the street. Mark my words, more people are going to get killed as a result of this.

That is insane. Why the fuck would people travel across the country to get involved with this??? This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

callen said:

These people are morons

Who's these people? If blacks they feel desperate and unrepresented.

Think many here have no clue how it must feel to be in a car with few of your black buddies pulled over by a single white cop. They are not treated as you and or I would.

Rightly or wrongly I should add.

Always thought as young lad racism would be better by now but humans like to remain in their herds. Sad.

Those people are the idiots that feel that looting and rioting is the appropriate response to a tragedy.
    So all blacks riot?? Little hate going on?

10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Don't know all the facts but this reminds me of Tony Stewart event. Two humans put themselves into a dangerous situation and paid the price. And two individuals now are paying for those acts even though they may have lapsed judgement. Don't walk on active racetrack and don't fuck with cops.

Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    dignin said:

chadwick said:

anyone heard what the investigation has reported about the store strong arming video?

No one should care. It is irrelevant.

That stuff is just character assassination, and by the looks of this thread it seems to be working.
    And normally would agree but does show this dudes attitude towards laws. And be honest if he is the guy in video it doesn't sway your thoughts one bit???
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    callen said:

callen said:

These people are morons

Think many here have no clue how it must feel to be in a car with few of your black buddies pulled over by a single white cop. They are not treated as you and or I would.

Always thought as young lad racism would be better by now but humans like to remain in their herds. Sad.

Those people are the idiots that feel that looting and rioting is the appropriate response to a tragedy.

Seriously? I'm wondering where in any of my posts did I say all blacks riot? You asked "who's these people?" I responded "those people are the idiots that feel like looting and rioting are an appropriate response to a tragedy."

How in the hell can you make that leap?
  • Options

callen said:

callen said:

These people are morons

Seriously? I'm wondering where in any of my posts did I say all blacks riot? You asked "who's these people?" I responded "those people are the idiots that feel like looting and rioting are an appropriate response to a tragedy."

How in the hell can you make that leap?
    That's what people do these days. Just analyze things people say and find something to be offended by.
  • Options
    callen said:

dignin said:

chadwick said:

anyone heard what the investigation has reported about the store strong arming video?

No one should care. It is irrelevant.

That stuff is just character assassination, and by the looks of this thread it seems to be working.
    And normally would agree but does show this dudes attitude towards laws. And be honest if he is the guy in video it doesn't sway your thoughts one bit???
    Thank you for the question. I will answer honestly no. I have no idea what happened after that video. None of us do. I don't know his frame of mind...or the cops for that matter. For all I know that cops wife just left him and he was having a real bad day and was in an unfit head space, it's irrelevant. What matters are the actions and facts of that particular incident.

And lets look at when the police released the video and why. I think it's safe to say why they released it when they did. They want people to think he may have had it coming. That kinda shit is wrong.

Until more evidence is released I am going to try and reserve judgement.

Also I don't know all the facts surrounding the robbery either and I'm not about to take the police at their word.

Unfortunately Michael Brown will never get his day in court.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    The question is whether Brown was killed illegally by the officer. Whether or not he robbed the store is irrelevant. Stealing cigars is not punishable by death.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

thanks man. i am safe. sounds like there was a shooting at the protest last night and the guy could die from it. they said the tear gas was to clear the crowd so that responders could get to the victim.

i have spent a lot of time thinking about this.

the family and the protesters and the local news have framed this kid as an angel and a gentle giant. the police released a video of the kid strongarm robbing a gas station 11 minutes before he was shot. that is not something an angel does. that is something that a thug does. know what he stole? a box of cigarillos. what is he going to do with those besides roll blunts? all i am saying is this is a media battle more than anything else. yeah the kid roughed up a store owner. this is not a capital offense, and it did not warrant him being shot, but the kid was not an angel and he should have been arrested for his crime. also, the kid had an attitude problem. who walks down the middle of the street in traffic in broad daylight? an asshole does. who mouths off back to a cop when a cop asks them, or tells them, to get off the street and onto the sidewalk? an asshole does.

did the cop overreact? from what i have seen, yes.
    should the cop be arrested and charged pending the investigation? yes.
    should the protesters stop looting and fucking up their own community? yes.

everyone just needs to chill out until more info is released. it doesn't help when people from as far away as texas are traveling here to participate in mayhem.

i am all for justice, but at this point i am more for peace.

I've heard that "we fired tear gas to get to an injured person" excuse before. They did it at the 1994 Vancouver riot... which wasn't even close to being a riot UNTIL the cops fired the tear gas into a peaceful crowd. They could have reached the injured person in a peaceful way just as quickly. They just wanted to disperse the crowd, and used this hurt person as an excuse to shoot gas at us. Then the previously happy crowd stampeded, more people got hurt, people got pissed and chaos ensued. Bad scene, and as someone who was right there front and centre, I confidently say that the use of tear gas is what made everything 100 times worse. Excuses excuses. A hurt person in a crowd is the easiest excuse in the books. Cops are so good at making bad situations worse, it would be laughable if it weren't so disturbing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

thanks man. i am safe. sounds like there was a shooting at the protest last night and the guy could die from it. they said the tear gas was to clear the crowd so that responders could get to the victim.

i have spent a lot of time thinking about this.

the family and the protesters and the local news have framed this kid as an angel and a gentle giant. the police released a video of the kid strongarm robbing a gas station 11 minutes before he was shot. that is not something an angel does. that is something that a thug does. know what he stole? a box of cigarillos. what is he going to do with those besides roll blunts? all i am saying is this is a media battle more than anything else. yeah the kid roughed up a store owner. this is not a capital offense, and it did not warrant him being shot, but the kid was not an angel and he should have been arrested for his crime. also, the kid had an attitude problem. who walks down the middle of the street in traffic in broad daylight? an asshole does. who mouths off back to a cop when a cop asks them, or tells them, to get off the street and onto the sidewalk? an asshole does.

did the cop overreact? from what i have seen, yes.
    should the cop be arrested and charged pending the investigation? yes.
    should the protesters stop looting and fucking up their own community? yes.

everyone just needs to chill out until more info is released. it doesn't help when people from as far away as texas are traveling here to participate in mayhem.

i am all for justice, but at this point i am more for peace.

I've heard that "we fired tear gas to get to an injured person" excuse before. They did it at the 1994 Vancouver riot... which wasn't even close to being a riot UNTIL the cops fired the tear gas into a peaceful crowd. They could have reached the injured person in a peaceful way just as quickly. They just wanted to disperse the crowd, and used this hurt person as an excuse to shoot gas at us. Then the previously happy crowd stampeded, more people got hurt, people got pissed and chaos ensued. Bad scene, and as someone who was right there front and centre, I confidently say that the use of tear gas is what made everything 100 times worse. Excuses excuses. A hurt person in a crowd is the easiest excuse in the books. Cops are so good at making bad situations worse, it would be laughable if it weren't so disturbing.
    So are you saying they shouldn't be using tear gas to try and disperse a crowd that is throwing bottles, rocks, and molotov cocktails at them?

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

The question is whether Brown was killed illegally by the officer. Whether or not he robbed the store is irrelevant. Stealing cigars is not punishable by death.

On the face of it, I agree with what you wrote, specifically the 1st & last sentences. The main question is whether Brown was killed illegally by the officer. And clearly your last sentence is above arguement.

But the finding of guilt (was he illegally killed?) will require more data than just their chance encounter on the street. Autopsy reports will be relevant. So will the cop's actions leading up to the shooting. So will Brown's actions leading up to the shooting. Knowing Brown was on video involved in a strong armed robbery may explain his behavior dealing with the cop. Did Brown charge the cop? Did he feel trapped because he had just committed a crime? I think there are a lot of unanswered questions, and I think they are relevant. I can't imagine why people are opposed to having more data at their disposal when formulating opinions. Again, if the only thing he did was steal some cigarillos, and was otherwise cooperative and compliant, then he was clearly murdered by the cops. I'm guessing there was more to the story, and I'd like to hear it.

That being said, the cops in general didn't do themselves any favors in handling this situation with their militarized units on display. They were definitely a catalyst for what is currently happening, and have created an us-against-them situation that needs to be fixed quickly.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08