Options

Michael Brown Shooting

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

was there any proof that racial profiling was part of the killing ? or is that just the ol' stand by defence that is used to back up a charge of murder ? people use that term to gather support from those that will believe it.

Godfather.

No, there is no proof. It is an assumption based on experience and various statistics. That part of it is opinion.... a valid opinion IMO. But the fact that the cops murdered an unarmed, injured kid with his hands raised isn't an opinion, and that warrants public outrage too. Obviously. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to argue.... that race issues shouldn't be a factor here? That's a tall order. Racism towards blacks in many places in America is palpable as far as they are concerned. Given the history and the stats, it seems pretty understandable that race becomes a part of the issue here. Keep in mind that it is a very emotional topic for a lot of people.
    PJ,I don't see how in a suburb that is almost all black,that there was profiling.This officer was on the job for 6 years in the same town with no other issues.So I'm sure Hes had both good and bad dealings with the community.I think this is a tragic situation,and. In time we should see all the facts and details leading up to the actual killing.In No way am I condoning what the officer did if he killed the kid while in surrender.But in the couple of seconds this went down Isnt it possible that after the kid tried to take the cops weapon in the car(What innocent good kid does that btw) that maybe the officer was a little fearful that when the kid turned around he had a weapon.We don't know if his hands were up in the air or in the process of.Im not taking sides I want facts.I know alot of Law enforcement folks and some that work in predominantly black areas,You can't do your job if your a scum bag Rascist.So there is more to this.
    To be honest, I have no idea if there really is a racism/profiling with the cops there. What I'm actually looking at is the anger and protests from the black community. I assume they aren't all retarded, so that's why I figure they have some kind of reason for this to include a racial aspect. Frankly, I trust the victims of racism when they speak up.against it a lot more than I do the accused. That said, the main issue IS still the fact that the cops shot an unarmed and injured kid like that. And I honestly believe that if it had been a white kid there would be just as much anger about it. There just wouldn't be added bonus of racial tension between white cops and black citizens.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited August 2014
    http://youtu.be/IbsiFFPPdW4
    http://youtu.be/AlMjhoYPmZ8

hhmmmm

i see a very similar if not exactly the same st. louis ball cap.
    it appears mike's little buddy is holding a darker colored cloth material on his shoulder as he is interviewed while wearing a white tank top that you can see haning out from under the darker shirt in video surveillance unless that is his underwear hanging out... blurry frickin video. those that know these guys know what is real in this footage, that i can say w/ certainty

interesting stuff

still the cop.... wow you are a dick!
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited August 2014
    i am in florida at a redlight at a 4 way intersection with a line of traffic ahead of me, im hauling apples or seafood from washington. my codriver & me feel a sudden jolt/slight shake... i look in the passenger mirror & a car is veering off to the R as they had just smoked our DOT metal bumper & tore their car open as if the bumper were a can opener....

within 5-8 min a car full of darker skinned folks had phoned & texted everyone they each knew.
    grandmas, cousins, grandpas, moms, dads, siblings, friends & whoever else. within 12 min i had 20-25 or more very excited gold teeth & big ol' girls on my ass for sitting at a redlight in a line of traffic.

it was the white truck drivers fault you see. unreal

how about drive your fucking car like you're paying attention???

the cop axed me, "why were you sitting here?"
    "i was in a line of traffic @ a redlight." dude cop knew my answer ahead of time.... but has to ask

i was harrassed & demanded i give this big ol' girl my personal info & she wanted me to hand her my driver's license. "i aint giving you my info, the cop has all that & had my license & took the info down"
    she was mad w/ smoke comin out here ears.
    i aint taking her bullshit, intimidate someone else who is scared of your loud ass bullshit mob gathering mentality

cop guy tryin to do his job right? they be yelling at him through his cruiser's window & gettin funky on his ass. it took him twice as long if not longer to do this accident report & whatnot as he had to constantly stop & ask them to lower their voices & back away so he could write & talk on the radio
    Post edited by chadwick on
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    rr165892 said:

dignin said:

rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

was there any proof that racial profiling was part of the killing ? or is that just the ol' stand by defence that is used to back up a charge of murder ? people use that term to gather support from those that will believe it.

Godfather.

No, there is no proof. It is an assumption based on experience and various statistics. That part of it is opinion.... a valid opinion IMO. But the fact that the cops murdered an unarmed, injured kid with his hands raised isn't an opinion, and that warrants public outrage too. Obviously. I'm not quite sure what you're trying to argue.... that race issues shouldn't be a factor here? That's a tall order. Racism towards blacks in many places in America is palpable as far as they are concerned. Given the history and the stats, it seems pretty understandable that race becomes a part of the issue here. Keep in mind that it is a very emotional topic for a lot of people.
    But in the couple of seconds this went down Isnt it possible that after the kid tried to take the cops weapon in the car(What innocent good kid does that btw) that maybe the officer was a little fearful that when the kid turned around he had a weapon.We don't know if his hands were up in the air or in the process of.
    If you are interested in the facts then why have you only taken the cops version of the story and not the other eye witnesses?

Dig,quote the whole paragraph,not just a fucking snippet.You will see I am not taking sides or condoning anything.I also didn't chastise the kid who robbed the store prior to the incident.
    I've been listening to the kids side via his entire community all day on CNN.I haven't heard the other sides story in detail
    Easy there cowboy.

I changed nothing and quoted, with relevance, what you imply as fact......when we both know it has not been proven as such.

Trying to keep this conversation honest. If you say you are interested in the facts then stick to them. It matters not which side of the issue you're on.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    dignin said:

rr165892 said:

dignin said:

rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

But in the couple of seconds this went down Isnt it possible that after the kid tried to take the cops weapon in the car(What innocent good kid does that btw) that maybe the officer was a little fearful that when the kid turned around he had a weapon.We don't know if his hands were up in the air or in the process of.
    If you are interested in the facts then why have you only taken the cops version of the story and not the other eye witnesses?

Dig,quote the whole paragraph,not just a fucking snippet.You will see I am not taking sides or condoning anything.I also didn't chastise the kid who robbed the store prior to the incident.
    I've been listening to the kids side via his entire community all day on CNN.I haven't heard the other sides story in detail
    Easy there cowboy.

I changed nothing and quoted, with relevance, what you imply as fact......when we both know it has not been proven as such.

Trying to keep this conversation honest. If you say you are interested in the facts then stick to them. It matters not which side of the issue you're on.
    I just have seen to many times a community,regardless of ethnicities jump to conclusions without all the facts.When Jesse starts entering the picture,emotions get whipped up and we loose site of the basic facts.I want to hear the cops story first.Then the evidence.If in fact he killed the kid in cold blood,then justice should be served to full extent of law.
    As it should for the dirt bags who smashed windows and stole property and looted.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    edited August 2014
    The mentality of the looters is pathetic what does it accomplish what a waste ...
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    Saturday Morning thought: live by the sword...die by the sword.....at the end of the day who is right ? was this shooting justified ? or was this cop at a breaking point brought upon him by the actions of his victim ?...arn't you glad it was not you who pulled the trigger..... or caught the bullit, maybe it would be best if we did not put ourselfs in a position to be one or the other.

Godfather.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Have we forgotten that we, the citizens, give police the right to kill as a tool to enforce the laws and protect us as well as themselves? It does not matter how many times this guy was shot. IF there is justification to shoot once, then it's shoot to kill. That's a big IF. I will also wait for the facts to come out before rushing to judgement. If I were a cop and had to pull my gun out and actually shoot, I'm not aiming for the leg. I'm going to empty the chamber in the chest and head.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    rr165892 said:

dignin said:

rr165892 said:

dignin said:

rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Godfather.

Easy there cowboy.

I just have seen to many times a community,regardless of ethnicities jump to conclusions without all the facts.When Jesse starts entering the picture,emotions get whipped up and we loose site of the basic facts.I want to hear the cops story first.Then the evidence.If in fact he killed the kid in cold blood,then justice should be served to full extent of law.
    As it should for the dirt bags who smashed windows and stole property and looted.
    Agreed

• Options
    The looting and rioting is nothing more than a bunch of thugs and criminals seizing a window of opportunity and be lawless under the guise of 'protesting'.

If I was a cop trying to deal with this guy... who by all accounts is massive and strong... and after already being defiant with me he makes a move towards me while we are in close proximity... I would hope I would have the courage to defend myself and not be overtaken only to have the gun stuffed up my ass with the 'gentle giant' pulling the trigger till it went click click.

From what I can tell by what I read... there definitely is an element of 'overkill' here that needs to be probed; however, it's fair to say the victim wasn't exactly coming back from the library after a night of studying.

What also needs to be said is the fact that although the cop may not have known Brown had just committed a felony, Brown knew he had... meaning: Brown had a much more intense mentality than the cop initially had in this situation- likely thinking he was being detained and about to be arrested. When people commit crimes and are in the last moments of their freedom... sometimes they resist and sometimes they resist with deadly force.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    W.M.A. on the St Louis set list October 3rd.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

The mentality of the looters is pathetic what does it accomplish what a waste ...

Yep...accomplishes nothing. Just make things worse.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

What also needs to be said is the fact that although the cop may not have known Brown had just committed a felony, Brown knew he had... meaning: Brown had a much more intense mentality than the cop initially had in this situation- likely thinking he was being detained and about to be arrested. When people commit crimes and are in the last moments of their freedom... sometimes they resist and sometimes they resist with deadly force.

This is a great point, Thirty.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

A certain lock for sure
  • Options
    edited August 2014

The looting and rioting is nothing more than a bunch of thugs and criminals seizing a window of opportunity and be lawless under the guise of 'protesting'.

If I was a cop trying to deal with this guy... who by all accounts is massive and strong... and after already being defiant with me he makes a move towards me while we are in close proximity... I would hope I would have the courage to defend myself and not be overtaken only to have the gun stuffed up my ass with the 'gentle giant' pulling the trigger till it went click click.

From what I can tell by what I read... there definitely is an element of 'overkill' here that needs to be probed; however, it's fair to say the victim wasn't exactly coming back from the library after a night of studying.

+1
    Loving the He was A "Gentle Giant". Just ignore the film from the store with his strong arm gentleness.
    Post edited by rr165892 on
  • Options
    Let me get this straight the police release video of Alleged SAR by brown & then they dont give any security to store owner at all so not only does he get robbed early in the week but now his store is looted , this has to be the most inept Police force in America and the looters are animals ....
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    JimmyV said:

Yup. And then what song do they play for the asshole looters?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524

JimmyV said:

Rats
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

JimmyV said:

Animal
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Im sorry,but if you want to get your point across burning up and looting your neighborhood is definitely not a good idea.I don't get it.
    What are the citizens thinking.They are mad that a video was released? Truth is a pill tough swallowed I guess.
  • Options
    Props to the good folks who got in front of businesses to protect them from looting.More of that less of the bullshit.
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Props to the good folks who got in front of businesses to protect them from looting.More of that less of the bullshit.

yeah no doubt that took guts in it self just seeing them doing that i hope some of them get charges pressed against them & you now most of them will be there again buying their 40s from the guy with no shame on their faces .....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

JimmyV said:

If we're talking solely by title, GO.

Why the fuck would people steal from their fellow citizens, business owners, neighbors? To me, being angry is nowhere near a valid reason.

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    well. just imposed a curfew from midnight to 5 am.

how they will peacefully enforce this is beyond me.

there are people coming here from all over the country to fuck shit up.

my city is going to burn down before all this is over.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Gimme how far out of concert area is this burb
  • Options
    These people are morons
  • Options
    rr165892 said:

Gimme how far out of concert area is this burb

it is maybe 12 or 15 miles from the concert venue. its like 5 miles from me, so it is fairly close.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    the local nbc affiliate posted video footage of the cop's house last night on the 5:00 broadcast. there is outrage all over the place about that. people are deleting the news app for that channel, boycotting the network, protesting outside of the network building.

i am seeing serious racial divisions. i have 600+ facebook friends of many different ethnicities, and people are choosing sides based on race. i have mutual friends that i have known for over 30 years going at it publicly on facebook along racial lines. it really is sad to see how this has divided the entire metro area, and the country as a whole.

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954

I don't disagree with any of that but the cop still murdered the kid...he was several feet away from the cop, on the ground, hands in the air, and at least six more shots were fired into his body.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

I don't disagree with any of that but the cop still murdered the kid...he was several feet away from the cop, on the ground, hands in the air, and at least six more shots were fired into his body.

Police are ALLOWED TO SHOOT PEOPLE. If one shot is justified, it doesn't matter how many more were fired. IF the officer felt his life or someone else's life was threatened, the number of shots it takes to take control of the situation isn't relevant. That said, it is wise to wait until the facts are released. To say he murdered the guy without the facts is a pretty bold presumption. IF it is found that the cop didn't need to discharge his weapon at all, then charges should be filed.