Options

Pearl Jam Bellingham 5/10/2000 Vault Show #4 Vinyl PreSale. CD/Digital on sale now! Free Digital D!

Comments

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088

why do people wait for the CD? this is a show from the year 2000, boot has already been release, check your local record store, the lost dog section or a fellow pj fan...

This is one of the pre-tour shows. Not released as part of the official boot series, but available as a "real" bootleg!
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479

bazzer said:

I tried to look into getting it sent to someone in the US and then have it sent on to me, and it ended up not that much cheaper. :( I guess it costs what it costs, just over NZD$100, but I bought it. I'll always buy it, damn them! ;)

If you ship it to the states first and then have someone ship it as a gift to your.. you don't have to worry about customs though...
    Here in NZ they usually only ping you for customs fees if the item is values at $400. Unlike the UK...

I ordered one too.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    38 US bucks to Buenos Aires, but what the heck, I work from Mon to Sat from 10 am to 7 pm, the least I could do is give myself a treat ang love me with some waxes...

why do people wait for the CD? this is a show from the year 2000, boot has already been release, check your local record store, the lost dog section or a fellow pj fan...
    bazzer said:

This is one of the pre-tour shows. Not released as part of the official boot series, but available as a "real" bootleg!
    are you kidding me? wow, I missed so much... then I want my mp3 code as the constitution hall presale... or that's a paddling!

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

38 US bucks to Buenos Aires, but what the heck, I work from Mon to Sat from 10 am to 7 pm, the least I could do is give myself a treat ang love me with some waxes...

bazzer said:

are you kidding me? wow, I missed so much... then I want my mp3 code as the constitution hall presale... or that's a paddling!

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    Any updated on the Vault 4 CD pre order?
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    benjs said:

bazzer said:

lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    13 day's till the pre order ends. :bz
  • Options
    Must not forget to pre-order this. Will do it tonight.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    10 more day's till the end of the pre order.
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

Must not forget to pre-order this. Will do it tonight.

I finally told myself today this beauty will be my x-mas present for this year!
    Last year I ordered myself two PJ Europe gigs for this summer! Never made myself
    an x-mas gift before - and yeah, I like it !!! \m/
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    done and done... finally pulled the trigger
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    The Vic show would be an awesome album to own.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Did someone say this show wasnt interesting? It's mostly Binaural, performed fresh I may add.
    Plus its a show without a lot of the crap songs that have appeared on the last 2 albums.
    Cant wait to get this.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

Did someone say this show wasnt interesting? It's mostly Binaural, performed fresh I may add.
    Plus its a show without a lot of the crap songs that have appeared on the last 2 albums.
    Cant wait to get this.

I don't think it all that interesting. But ordered it today! :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158
    edited September 2014

Cant wait to get this.

I guess the thing is that there's 72 bootlegs from the Binaural Era full of Binaural songs... so having a boot from an era that already has lots of boots isn't as interesting has having pre-2000 shows released. At least that's how I think about it.

BTW if they had release the Vancouver 2000 show (which was the day after the Bellingham show) I would of been very extatic as I was at that one.... lol... Of course I ordered the Bellingham Vinyl to keep collection complete but $100 bux for a record (record+shipping) is pretty insane.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Zod said:

Cant wait to get this.

I guess the thing is that there's 72 bootlegs from the Binaural Era full of Binaural songs... so having a boot from an era that already has lots of boots isn't as interesting has having pre-2000 shows released. At least that's how I think about it.

BTW if they had release the Vancouver 2000 show (which was the day after the Bellingham show) I would of been very extatic as I was at that one.... lol... Of course I ordered the Bellingham Vinyl to keep collection complete but $100 bux for a record (record+shipping) is pretty insane.
    100% agree
    plus, apart from the aud recording, the complete soundboard from this show has been aired on pjradio and I listened to the rip from it multiple times, so the excitement for this show has been spoiled.. Instead of searching and remaster an older show they chosen this one, that was already ready for the release.. the easy way to go
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Was there much complaining about the Vic show as a Vault release? I don't remember, but was that one acceptable since outside of Lolla, the rest of the shows are in the vault? Does this mean say the 2008 NYC Robinhood show or the 2012 Philly shows should not qualify for vault releases? Or anything from 2004 should be skipped since we have 2003 and 2005 boots? Jesus I hope next years vault is something from 96-98. I imagine if it was a 93 show, people might get upset if there was only 19-20 songs on it and it was mostly 10/Vs stuff.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321

Was there much complaining about the Vic show as a Vault release? I don't remember, but was that one acceptable since outside of Lolla, the rest of the shows are in the vault? Does this mean say the 2008 NYC Robinhood show or the 2012 Philly shows should not qualify for vault releases? Or anything from 2004 should be skipped since we have 2003 and 2005 boots? Jesus I hope next years vault is something from 96-98. I imagine if it was a 93 show, people might get upset if there was only 19-20 songs on it and it was mostly 10/Vs stuff.

I don't get what you are trying to say here..
    The Vic show was great, and I think pretty much everyone on here was glad to have it officially released.. 2004 and 2007? That would be fuckin great to have some (or better ALL) of that period released..
    and Vault #1 is a show of about 12 ten era songs.. the only complaints are that it was only available at PJ20 and now you have to pay some $$$ for that Cd on Ebay if you want it..
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

I don't get what you are trying to say here..
    The Vic show was great, and I think pretty much everyone on here was glad to have it officially released.. 2004 and 2007? That would be fuckin great to have some (or better ALL) of that period released..
    and Vault #1 is a show of about 12 ten era songs.. the only complaints are that it was only available at PJ20 and now you have to pay some $$$ for that Cd on Ebay if you want it..
    Just pointing out, and your post being one of them, that there are complaints about this show being picked. But for 2004 and 2007, there are plenty of other shows in that time frame with similar songs and sets-03,05,06,08 bootlegs. With the Vic show, why was that one acceptable but the Bellingham is not? I have Vault #1 form when I went to PJ20, I wish they would make it available to more fans. Personally I think they have done pretty well with the vaults, 1992,2007,1998, and 2000 shows so far. Not bad considering they have over 20 years to choose from.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited September 2014
    I think they have done a good job as well.
    I usually only buy the boots from the shows I have attended but I
    have thoroughly enjoyed all three Vault releases so far.

It has been a good representation of the different eras.
    I enjoy hearing how some of the songs have changed in the live context over the years.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158
    I should mention that I do have a soft spot for Binaural as it's the tour I saw the most shows on. Having a Binaural show on vinyl isn't such a bad thing.

I liked the point about the Bellingham show already being out there because it aired on pj radio. I forgot about that. That would be like releasing Melbourne 98, Melbourne 95, Atlanta 94 etc.... It'd be cool, but a lot of people already have 'em.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

Cant wait to get this.

I agree! Not sure where people who said that are coming from at all. This is the most interesting vault release so far IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Less then a week to go!

Wonder if they will put the CD pre sale up now or just take orders in late December / January?
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Less then a week to go!

Wonder if they will put the CD pre sale up now or just take orders in late December / January?

As you said elsewhere..

"You really don't want to be that person who complains when the sale closes, do you? Buy it now while you still have a chance."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    5 day's left!!
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    Now only 4 days remaining.
    Anyone know how to upload a "countdown clock" so we can get prepared for the first "I went to order Vault #4 and it wasn't available anymore - I can't believe this bullsh*t! I'm quitting the Ten Club!"
  • Options
    3 day's left!
  • Options
    Nami said:

done and done... finally pulled the trigger

+1
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    still waiting to pull the trigger on this....& I don't know why. :-?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    pjradio said:

still waiting to pull the trigger on this....& I don't know why. :-?

Just do it! It looks like a beautifully designed booklet style gatefold and you know it's going to sound awesome. I refuse to buy Superunknown for $50+ because I think it's a rip off, but even with the shipping this is worth it to me. And I don't have any other vault vinyls because I always missed out. Regardless, I would still be buying this one. I buy any vinyl they put out since the flippers jacked up the value. I was in a tough spot a few years ago and had to sell off my PJ vinyl. Now the prices are so outrageous, I may not ever replace them all. I wish they would just reissue them. I want to PLAY them...not hold on to them like stocks.
    Post edited by A satellite forever orbiting on
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all