Options

Police abuse

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,157
    unsung said:
    anybody notice the coverage of this one is different than all the other ones?

nobody is looking into her finances. nobody is looking into her past criminal record. nobody is looking into her social media.

this one is being covered very differently and it is because she is a white woman.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,499
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    23scidoo said:
    Article on it.

Like the Pueblo cop, probably no charges.  What a joke.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    unsung said:

nobody is looking into her finances. nobody is looking into her past criminal record. nobody is looking into her social media.

this one is being covered very differently and it is because she is a white woman.
    how do you know no one looked into those things?  maybe they did and didn't find anything.  and don't forget she wasn't accused of doing anything wrong to attract the attention of the police. others were.

• Options
    pjhawks said:
    unsung said:

how do you know no one looked into those things?  maybe they did and didn't find anything.  and don't forget she wasn't accused of doing anything wrong to attract the attention of the police. others were.

The correct assumption to make.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    pjhawks said:
    unsung said:

My thought too. only interesting if there's something to report.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    A wet dream would have been police not killing citizens, you go ahead and apologize for the cop though.

It isn't far fetched.  Every time a white cop shoots a black kid we hear the cries of racism.

What's to say this pretty blonde, that was in her pajamas, didn't accidentally flash mr. sharia some skin?  Triggered.  No more unrealistic that that racist white cop that permeates the ranks according to the inner city.
    "Mr. Sharia'?
    That is some serious Islamophobic racism right there.
    Congrats
    Impossible.  Islam is not a race.
    I think we all understand the difference dude. FWIW, white, black, Asian, etc aren't "races" either. They're ethnicities. The only race is the human race. So since the term "racism" is already completely inaccurate, how about we stop bothering to correct people every they call Islamophobia or xenophobia racism? We all know what the person who said it means I think.
    Fine.  A goldfish, a largemouth bass, and a Great White are all fish, but I know which I don't want to go swimming with.
    The goldfish, I assume.  I mean, how could possibly you fit in the bowl?
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Unsung, I can't say it there but I bloody well need to say it, your thread on McCain was disgusting. The thread has been closed so this is not an attempt to discuss it, just to express my revulsion. The mods can delete if they must
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited July 2017
    dignin said:
    unsung said:
    I don't want to drag this off topic but...

I will admit there is some truth to this. I just don't see what it has to do with this thread.
    Ditto. I actually think this is an important issue to discuss, but not in this thread.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    Unsung, I can't say it there but I bloody well need to say it, your thread on McCain was disgusting. The thread has been closed so this is not an attempt to discuss it, just to express my revulsion. The mods can delete if they must
    He was banned again so probably  won't be able to see your post.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    He was banned again so probably  won't be able to see your post.
    You can still read the forums when you're banned - you just can't post. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    "again" haha
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,106
    You could pm him.

I find it a bit interesting since I've actually listened to the lyrics of Masters of War that PJ covers.......unsung didn't comment on anyone here and did nothing more than what the band (who's website this is) has said about people they feel are similar.

And I hope that you die
    And your death'll come soon
    I will follow your casket
    In the pale afternoon
    And I'll watch while you're lowered
    Down to your deathbed
    And I'll stand over your grave
    'Til I'm sure that you're dead

I personally thought it was a terrible comment, but I'm surprised he wasn't allowed to express it here.  But, it's their world, I'm just living in it.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    You could pm him.

I find it a bit interesting since I've actually listened to the lyrics of Masters of War that PJ covers.......unsung didn't comment on anyone here and did nothing more than what the band (who's website this is) has said about people they feel are similar.

And I hope that you die
    In the pale afternoon
    Down to your deathbed

I personally thought it was a terrible comment, but I'm surprised he wasn't allowed to express it here.  But, it's their world, I'm just living in it.

Speaking of lyrics.......Wave to all my friends, yeah

In the banished land they can't wave back.  It's hard but do your time and come back w/ grace Unsung. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    edited July 2017
    You could pm him.

And I hope that you die
    In the pale afternoon
    Down to your deathbed

Speaking of lyrics.......Wave to all my friends, yeah

In the banished land they can't wave back.  It's hard but do your time and come back w/ grace Unsung. 

Mr. Zimmerman obviouslu knew what he was doing when he wrote those lyrics. And you're  clearly one step away from "banished land" yourself so watch yourself 
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    https://youtu.be/dHP5chtibuk

Just another good cop sicking an attack dog on a man who isn't posing a threat.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    edited July 2017
    This was put up near a major intersection in St. Paul, MN. We've had our issues obviously.

Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    rgambs said:

He resisted. He tried to flee. You're not winning points here.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    This was put up near a major intersection in St. Paul, MN. We've had our issues obviously.

Lol

Please tell me that is a joke.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    rgambs said:

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with this either. Fled police, led them on a chase, refused to get out of the car. The dude had like 100 opportunities to avoid this and chose not you. You can't resist and fight back, then cry foul when the K-9 comes.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    rgambs said:

And once again you are creating a simplistic narrative from your bias rather than the evidence.

Both statements are vast oversimplifications.
    He didn't flee, he continued safely a distance of less than a mile to his home, where he pulled over after signalling.  Not the smartest idea, but not fleeing by any reasonable standard.
    He didn't resist.  He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the vehicle with his hands in surrender position, after already being unreasonably assaulted by an officer who never gave him a chance to comply with demands.
    When he saw that the officer had turned a deadly and vicious animal loose, he did exactly what you would do in that situation, he tried to protect himself from being mauled by putting a door between himself and the snarling beast.

He didn't made smart choices, but he also didn't threaten the officer in any way.
    Is it your position that the standard for physical violence that requires hospital care is unintelligent choices?  Should not the standard for that level of force be a threat of violence to the officer, and not just retribution for frustrating the officer?  That's clearly what happened here. 
    You can see he slams the seatbelt down and huffs and puffs his way back to let the dog out, he is clearly frustrated and retaliating.

Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

And once again you are creating a simplistic narrative from your bias rather than the evidence.

He didn't flee, he continued safely a distance of less than a mile to his home, where he pulled over after signalling.  Not the smartest idea, but not fleeing by any reasonable standard.
    He didn't resist.  He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the vehicle with his hands in surrender position, after already being unreasonably assaulted by an officer who never gave him a chance to comply with demands.
    When he saw that the officer had turned a deadly and vicious animal loose, he did exactly what you would do in that situation, he tried to protect himself from being mauled by putting a door between himself and the snarling beast.

He didn't made smart choices, but he also didn't threaten the officer in any way.
    Is it your position that the standard for physical violence that requires hospital care is unintelligent choices?  Should not the standard for that level of force be a threat of violence to the officer, and not just retribution for frustrating the officer?  That's clearly what happened here. 
    You can see he slams the seatbelt down and huffs and puffs his way back to let the dog out, he is clearly frustrated and retaliating.

At 1:15 it's a textbook definition of resisting. I don't see how that could be debated.
    drivimg a mile like he did can and does lead to years in jail. I personally know someone who pulled over, and a stupid thought and slammed on the gas for about 20-30 feet before pulling over again and didn't resist at all. Spent 1 year in jail for that 20 feet. 
    When he refused to get out the first time, and when the cop attempted to force him out but failed that is when the use of a dog was warranted.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

At 1:15 it's a textbook definition of resisting. I don't see how that could be debated.
    drivimg a mile like he did can and does lead to years in jail. I personally know someone who pulled over, and a stupid thought and slammed on the gas for about 20-30 feet before pulling over again and didn't resist at all. Spent 1 year in jail for that 20 feet. 
    When he refused to get out the first time, and when the cop attempted to force him out but failed that is when the use of a dog was warranted.
    Yes, lawfully he fled and resisted, but the law applies standards that don't conform to reason.
    You have zero evidence that he "refused to get out the first time", in fact, the evidence shows otherwise.
    Without attempt to allow surrender, or even a demand to do so,, the officer applies a wrist lock and attempts to wrench his arm backwards in a move that is a dislocation risk, and also completely ineffective for the task.  The victim was still in his seat belt and attempting to remove it, while keeping his arm from a break/dislocation position.
    The victim removes his seat belt and gets out of the vehicle peacefully, once he is no longer fearful.  That changes when the officer applies potentially lethal force.

It's amazing, "highly trained" police officers are expected to use deadly force when they feel threatened (regardless of evidence to support that feeling) but untrained private citizens are expected to maintain perfect composure when faced with lethal force.  It's so ass-backwards, it's astounding.
  • Options
    By denying him the opportunity to surrender peacefully, the officer created a certainty of resisting arrest.  There is barely a person on this Earth (aside from the off Kung Fu master here and there) that I wouldn't call a liar if they tried to claim they will passively allow a police officer to force them into dislocation without pulling back on their arm.  

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    rgambs said:
    By denying him the opportunity to surrender peacefully, the officer created a certainty of resisting arrest.  There is barely a person on this Earth (aside from the off Kung Fu master here and there) that I wouldn't call a liar if they tried to claim they will passively allow a police officer to force them into dislocation without pulling back on their arm.  

apologist.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Yes, lawfully he fled and resisted, but the law applies standards that don't conform to reason.
    You have zero evidence that he "refused to get out the first time", in fact, the evidence shows otherwise.
    Without attempt to allow surrender, or even a demand to do so,, the officer applies a wrist lock and attempts to wrench his arm backwards in a move that is a dislocation risk, and also completely ineffective for the task.  The victim was still in his seat belt and attempting to remove it, while keeping his arm from a break/dislocation position.
    The victim removes his seat belt and gets out of the vehicle peacefully, once he is no longer fearful.  That changes when the officer applies potentially lethal force.

It's amazing, "highly trained" police officers are expected to use deadly force when they feel threatened (regardless of evidence to support that feeling) but untrained private citizens are expected to maintain perfect composure when faced with lethal force.  It's so ass-backwards, it's astounding.
    your first statement says it all to me. Fled and resisted. Unless you're shot at that point, you've lost all reason to complain in my opinion.
    He even gets out and gets back in. The cop doesn't know if there's a weapon in the car at that point he's going for. 
    Im all for continuing to improve policies and tactics.
    I wish there was audio. But from just video it's clear he fled, resisted, got back inside the car (clearly against orders even without audio). He continued to resist and roll on the ground after being physically removed and before the dog entered. so I see no reason to not use a dog at that point.                  
  • Options
    rgambs said:

apologist.
    An expansive and impressive addition to the debate!  
    So subtle and full of complex wisdom, I feel the need to use exclamation marks!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    edited July 2017
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

I would have to agree with RG on this one. We can speculate all we want, but this seems like a classic case of a drunk who figures that if he just slowly drives to his house then he might be able to just walk away without going to jail and getting his car towed. I agreed it was fleeing, no matter how fast you drive or where you decide to stop, but using the dog seemed pretty pointless. I don't even think the officer used good felony stop practices. Since when do you drive right up next to the door of the suspect vehicle and then immediately approach and open the door to pull them out. That's just plain dumb! That right there shows he knew there wasn't a real threat and that this guy was most likely just drunk. Frustration does seem to be the key determination of getting the K-9 out. This cop should be suspended and lose his K-9.

The dipshit driver deserves to go to jail, but now all this cop has done is make him rich and throw out any criminal charge while the prosecutors slowly back away from his mess of an arrest.
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.