Options

Not enough Pearl Jam on Pearl Jam Radio!

2»

Comments

• Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    LIVE SHOW ... YES.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    I am so happy I found this thread... I thought I was the only one who loathed the impact tracks! I remember when I first started listening and they would play 7 or 8 amazing songs in a row and I was in love, but lately every time I turn on PJ radio it isnt in sync with me anymore (not that im the center of the universe but hopefully you see my point). Ive found myself listening to octane and lithium MOST if not all of my workday now, and when I flip on PJ radio to try and get back into it its "the band" or "x" or some other shit I don't want to hear. sorry to be a debbie downer but if no one gives feedback nothing changes.
    I am myself, like you somehow
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    Pearl Jam 24/7 should be literally all PJ and nothing else
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

I can't believe in in the minority (as far as replies here) for liking the impact tracks. A 24/7 PJ only station could be made easily by hitting shuffle on an iPod.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

I can't believe in in the minority (as far as replies here) for liking the impact tracks. A 24/7 PJ only station could be made easily by hitting shuffle on an iPod.
    But the impact tracks can probably be easily be found on your ipod too or at least on other Sirius stations.

Unless you have every bootleg ever released, PJ Radio can always offer something more than you have in your personal collection.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    You sound like a bunch of babies...I find it very cool and refreshing..
  • Options

You sound like a bunch of babies...I find it very cool and refreshing..

Suggestions and requests not allowed anymore?

From sirius' website:

"What you'll hear: Studio tracks, b-sides and concert recordings from Pearl Jam 24/7. "
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited July 2014
    That actually sounds great to me. I'd like it if 10C Radio did more of that! I was just saying the other day that 10C Radio now seems rather repetitive to me, and more variety would make me listen more.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    alizmi said:

.... but Im not interested in hearing what he's listening to when walks out onto stage

i disagree with this completely
    all members should do what jeff was so kind to do
    IMO

• Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    NHiding said:

ok, a few clarifications and disclaimers here for you all... first off on Sirius, they're highlighting songs from the tour, not just the album, so not sure what to say about that other than deal with it, and secondly, that is not me making those particular promo announcements ("Here's another track from their Lightning Bolt tour in 2013"). They've opted to bring in one of their announcers who is on several channels. No one hears you more on the 'same impact tracks' as I do. I've done my best to get different ones in there but that is now beyond my control as well.
    The original Pearl Jam Radio on this site and the app, now also getting referred to as Ten Club Radio is a completely different stream than SiriusXM. Ten Club Radio is more for you hardcore. More live bootleg tracks, more attention to segues, less interruptions, and perhaps less some of the features that are more easily done on SiriusXM (call in show). SiriusXM gets the premieres of the bootlegs for a week, then they are aired on Ten Club Radio the following week the same day they are put on sale in the store here.

As I recall the player used to tell us what song/show we were listening to. On my device I don't see that anymore. Is that function gone or is my device (1stgen iPad) to outdated to deliver the information. I know apple doesn't update the OS any further.

I would love to see the song/show info, really just the show info since we know the songs!!

Any background info on this?
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    They play probably 98% Pearl Jam. Switch the channel for the 1 song an hour that's not PJ. Keep doing what you are doing PJ Radio.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    rylan said:

They play probably 98% Pearl Jam. Switch the channel for the 1 song an hour that's not PJ. Keep doing what you are doing PJ Radio.

I'm with you. :-bd
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    So I've noticed that when an impact track comes on and if you change to Lithium it's almost 75%-80% gonna be a PJ studio song. Funny how that works SiriusXM. Well played.

I guess I'm just a PJ junkie and simply LOVE hearing live PJ and feeding off the emotion pouring from Eddie. There is just nothing like it. The boys live are my drug and I'm just "Waiting For My Man"
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Have to start this thread up again as impact tracks are taking over PJ radio XM22 lately...my wife even is getting annoyed by it. I like it every once in awhile, wait no I don't I want to hear PJ stuff all day :) Has anybody else notice that impact tracks are being played way more this month than usual??
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have to add that although I do own every record they have put out plus a large amount of bootlegs I do love the random PJ tracks they play on XM 22 and not knowing which PJ song is coming up next...but the impact tracks are played like every 3-4 songs lately compared to like every 10-12th PJ song in the past...
    Post edited by adamg5 on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    It's almost like it's NOT PJ radio anymore.

I wonder why they're doing this so much?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    cutz said:

I know, Right! Customer service is closed now, but I'm calling them tomorrow to complain...
  • Options
    Annr95Annr95 Posts: 62
    I start my commute each morning with a 15 minute drive between 0510 and 0525 and I'm pretty much guaranteed two impact tracks in that 15 minutes. I find myself listening to the news more and more on my short drive. I've contacted XM, but they don't care.
  • Options
    I called this morning and they documented and sent my complaint to the "higher ups." I was also told to place feedback/complaint by logging into my XM account online. I suggest we all do this if we have an account and feel PJ radio should be more PJ radio than
    Uncle Neil/Fugazi/Springsteen/jack white Radio
  • Options
    I don't get Sirius, but wish I did, because the increase in impact tracks sounds right up my alley. 10C radio plays pretty much all PJ all the time, so I think Pearl Jam radio should have more variety. I'm not sure I see the point in having two radio stations that are exactly the same.... Why don't you guys who don't like the Sirius impact tracks just switch to 10C radio? Are you able to plug your smartphone into your car and stream it through the speakers?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    adamg5 said:

cutz said:

I know, Right! Customer service is closed now, but I'm calling them tomorrow to complain...
    I don't know, but if I had to guess, I would assume that they are doing this because they weren't maintaining the audience they need to keep going. When radio stations switch up their format, it's because they are trying to boost their ratings. I understand there are some megafans who don't like this change, but the chances are good that more impact tracks appeal to a wider audience.
  • Options
    when I stream music it doesn't seam loud and the bass doesn't hit in our vehicles. XM is very crisp and sounds great.....I like my PJ music loud with bass :) Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
  • Options
    adamg5 said:

when I stream music it doesn't seam loud and the bass doesn't hit in our vehicles. XM is very crisp and sounds great.....I like my PJ music loud with bass :) Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Fair enough.
  • Options
    Not doubt the last month or so has been more impact tracks. Most of the time I don't mind the band that comes on but if I wanted to hear another band, i wouldn't turn on PJ channel. It should b PJ 24/7
  • Options

Not doubt the last month or so has been more impact tracks. Most of the time I don't mind the band that comes on but if I wanted to hear another band, i wouldn't turn on PJ channel. It should b PJ 24/7

That just might not be financially viable anymore though.
  • Options
    VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407
    edited April 2015
    I've always wondered if SXM logs what song is playing when you change the channel or how long you stay on a channel based on what is playing and then uses that to decide future formatting. Very big brother - I know- but would be a cool way to tailor playlists to please frequent listeners.
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
  • Options
    VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407
    edited April 2015
    VedHead said:

I've always wondered if SXM logs what song is playing when you change the channel or how long you stay on a channel based on what is playing and then uses that to decide future formatting. Very big brother - I know- but would be a cool way to tailor playlists to please frequent listeners.

Results of analysis might look like this:

83% of listeners change the channel when we play an impact track

Or

When an impact track is played listeners stay on the channel 7minutes longer
    Post edited by VedHead on
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
  • Options
    When an impact track or Crazy Mary is played I immediately change the station...Crazy Mary comes on a ton! Lol