Options

Request Pearl Jam Re-issue catalogue on Vinyl - Music on Vinyl (MOV)

buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
Come on guys, lets do this. The link below goes to a form @ Music on Vinyl's website letting YOU request future releases through them.
http://www.musiconvinyl.com/request-release#.U85LgVbfLKx

Comments

• Options
    #1 sent!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    #2 sent!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    # 3 sent !!
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    These guys do great work, but I think the PJ camp has been putting out better stuff when they get around to it.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    just requested avocado, because I refuse to pay these ebay prices.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    yeah, I request No Code, Yield, Binaural, Riot Act, S/T. But I do think No Code and Yield should get the deluxe treatment.
  • Options
    thanks for posting this for more people to get involved. i've been making the same request on the 10th of every month for the past 11 months...
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    Requested all studio albums plus live on 2 legs, 10 legs and benny
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    oh, damn.
    I forgot to request benny
    how is that possible?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    I have to imagine that PJ has long term plans to continue with the deluxe box sets. If they do I can't imagine they will re-release the albums prior to the boxsets (as it would decrease demand for deluxe sets and they probably make more money on those).

That's my two cents. I assume sales of the Vs./Vitalogy deluxe sets weren't so good because those two records weren't horribly hard to find on Vinyl. The Ten Set was different as it included a live dvd, remixed ten, live vinyl etc... The sole reason for buying the Vs/Vitalogy set was for the Orpheum Vinyl.

No Code through S/T are pretty hard to find on vinyl. I think that would drive sales of deluxe sets. If the vinyl is pre-released before the boxset, then I imagine demand could be soft like it was for the vs/vitalogy set.

On the flip side maybe they should try harder with the deluxe sets (like releasing classic shows on dvd/bluray).
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited July 2014
    Sent!
    I asked for Soldier Field, Benny Hall, and Lost Dogs while I was at it. :)
    I have all the studio albums, but I would love to see reissues because 1) it would be great for those who don't already have them, and 2) I would be able to preserve my originals, lol. Vinyl OCD. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Bring it on. Put Lost Dogs out of commission!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    just did this because I would like high quality represses - those bootlegs floating around have been very tempting.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 795
    Sent. MOV does great work. Mad Season reissue sounds amazing. I just received today temple of the dog and blind melon. Would love to see them do some PJ.

BUT what would be the best is for PJ to do a huge box set. Each album as a 2X LP, each one a different color, 180grm, and some type of box to the entire set in. So all 10 studios plus lost dogs, sell it for $300, take pre orders one per member, leave pre orders open for like a month. Then go produce how ever many were ordered. Everyone wins.
  • Options
    marjen said:

Sent. MOV does great work. Mad Season reissue sounds amazing. I just received today temple of the dog and blind melon. Would love to see them do some PJ.

BUT what would be the best is for PJ to do a huge box set. Each album as a 2X LP, each one a different color, 180grm, and some type of box to the entire set in. So all 10 studios plus lost dogs, sell it for $300, take pre orders one per member, leave pre orders open for like a month. Then go produce how ever many were ordered. Everyone wins.

yes
  • Options
    BK5403BK5403 Posts: 50
    MOV can't touch MoFi or ORG. Pearl Jam recorded to analog tape and MoFi and ORG know how to do analog right.
    96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • Options
    I am afraid PJ may never be considered to have "audiophile" type-material.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

just did this because I would like high quality represses - those bootlegs floating around have been very tempting.

I've heard of a lot of quality/sound probs on those bootlegs. Plis it's a massive criminal organization that's cranking them out. Don't do it! ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    marjen said:

Not the people who only need one or two of the albums and/or can't afford $300 all at once.
    Please no 2xlps if that's not how the originals were (I'd rather see them change the ones on 2 LPs to 1!). :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited July 2014
    Skip the colored vinyl. I don't mind the 2 lp's, as long as the sides have 4 songs or so apiece. If they can only fill up 3 sides a cool etching on side 4 is always an option. I think some 45 rpm remasters would be my choice.

If they were to do the preorder thing, use it as an interest gauge. Only pressing the preorders puts us back where we are now.

Whatever they do, I hope they are top notch from an audio standpoint.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'm so effing sick of the unnecessary double-lp! There should be a damn industry standard of 25 minutes per side minimum. I hate flipping sides & changing discs every 12-17 minutes.

Also, signed the MOV request. :-bd
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 795
    Not the people who only need one or two of the albums and/or can't afford $300 all at once.
    Please no 2xlps if that's not how the originals were (I'd rather see them change the ones on 2 LPs to 1!).
    $300 for all of them is less than just yield and no code and this point! 2X 45LP would be even better! and yes colored! :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    Also requested the Singles soundtrack. There were pre orders for it few year's back but never came though. Hoping another take on it, being that it's past it's 20th anni and all, maybe a reissue vinyl would be in order.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    I like that my PJ vinyl is worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$. =))
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    requested
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Skip the colored vinyl. I don't mind the 2 lp's, as long as the sides have 4 songs or so apiece. If they can only fill up 3 sides a cool etching on side 4 is always an option. I think some 45 rpm remasters would be my choice.

If they were to do the preorder thing, use it as an interest gauge. Only pressing the preorders puts us back where we are now.

Whatever they do, I hope they are top notch from an audio standpoint.

Yeah, three sides plus an etching works. I've rarely seen that, but when I do I appreciate it. Agree that there is no reason for coloured vinyl. No gimmicks needed. Just make us some good old high quality records. :)
  • Options
    thanks everyone, maybe we made some noise!!!! \m/
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I love every Music On Vinyl reissue I own
    I love Pearl Jam
    makes sense :P
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto