Options

Wrigley...one year later

Comments

• Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    PJ_Soul said:

He was at the Phish concert the next night. I saw him looking down at the crowd from on top of the scaffolding at the side of the stage, and looked to be enjoying the view. :)

True story? Ed was at the Phish show?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited July 2014

PJ_Soul said:

He was at the Phish concert the next night. I saw him looking down at the crowd from on top of the scaffolding at the side of the stage, and looked to be enjoying the view. :)

Yeah, true story, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    We were a dozen or so rows back on Mike's side in GA. As we were filing out under the bleachers during the delay, we randomly kept walking, hoping it would get a bit less crowded. Eventually I notice a ton of people right outside, then realize they're letting everyone leave the park - I double check with those at the gate that said we could indeed leave and come back. Spent the entire break relaxing with food and beer at Murphy's, kept attention to know when to head back and ended up a few rows behind where we were.

The only negative memory for me was seeing how visibly hurt Eddie was at the end of the night. I've always had the sense he felt like he let us down, which is the furthest from the truth. I'll never forget what they gave us that night.

• Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, true story, lol.
    That's awesome. As a huge fan of both PJ and Phish, that's a really cool and unexpected story.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872

I still can not beleive they got all those people off the floor.....

We didn't make it off. Lol

As they were moving us out like a herd, it got so congested & crowded that we made it to about the warning track along the 1st base line out in RF and that was as far as we could go.

We spent part of the time right next to the beer stand. They refused to sell us anything in the rain though.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • Options
    angry_skullangry_skull Posts: 321
    I loved the show, but I wish I been by better "fans". I don't even know why these people were there. One lady bitched the whole time about how they could have heard it outside just as well. And her husband kept yelling for Ed to "shut up and play" and then he proceeded to yell "Fuck yeah. Chicago!" through ever song. And then the people who fell asleep. It was turrible. Can't wait to wash out the bad taste with you guys in Moline.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

I loved the show, but I wish I been by better "fans". I don't even know why these people were there. One lady bitched the whole time about how they could have heard it outside just as well. And her husband kept yelling for Ed to "shut up and play" and then he proceeded to yell "Fuck yeah. Chicago!" through ever song. And then the people who fell asleep. It was turrible. Can't wait to wash out the bad taste with you guys in Moline.

We had a GREAT group of fans around us...as a matter of fact,
    the couple seated behind us was also from Columbus!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975

Does anybody have a good clear shot of the scoreboard? I really wanted a pic of that but my seats were on the opposite side.

Here's the pics I took during my pre-show tour of the stadium....

Great pics! This deserves to be repeated.
  • Options
    more pics!
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

PJ_Soul said:

Heard Mikee was there too.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    it was a great and unforgettable experience. I'm grateful I threw caution to the wind and went for it. Everything about that day was perfect as far as I'm concerned and will remember always. I wish I had an official bootleg though...
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    edited July 2014
    One funny memory from the day before the show...
    My friend Mike and I are standing in one of the merch lines, hoping it's not going to close or run out of merch before we get to the stand. It's looking good, but there's a lot of people in front of us, so who knows.
    Just then, someone in the line yells, "Hey, look...there's Dimitris!"
    All of sudden, people turn, others scream, and even more leave the line and start running towards the ensuing crowd gathering around him.
    By the way, Mike and I got to the front of the merch stand about 5 minutes before it closed for the night.
    Thanks, Dimitris!
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234
    photo PJ38.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    ^Great picture.
    Did you have a beer in hand by chance with that notice so prominently featured?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234

^Great picture.
    Did you have a beer in hand by chance with that notice so prominently featured?

No beer in hand. That photo was taken the day after the show was announced, I believe it was mid January and about 10 degrees outside.

• Options
    bbisonbbison Posts: 219
    edited August 2014
    Here's my 2AM scoreboard shot:
    An unforgettable night
    Post edited by bbison on
    Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • Options
    bbisonbbison Posts: 219
    Not sure when it will happen, but I'd take this as gospel (from Twitter):
    Sarah Spain @SarahSpain · Aug 27
    Theo Epstein tells @CarmenDeFalco & @Jurko64 that @PearlJam will return to play at Wrigley again - no date set, though.

That was on Chicago Radio yesterday...

Is this where the show list goes?

11-26-91 / 8-2-92 / 3-15-94 / 7-9-95 / 7-11-95 / 8-29-98 / 9-1-00 / 10-25-03 
    10-23-04 / 10-22-06 / 10-9-09 / 10-23-10 / 10-3-12 / 7-9-13 / 10-21-13
    11-24-13 / 11-26-13 / 10-17-14 / 10-20-14 / 10-25-14 / 4-8-16 / 4-9-16
     4-28-16 / 4-29-16 / 8-20-16 / 8-22-16 / 8-10-18 / 8-18-18 / 8-20-18
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    bbison said:

Theo Epstein tells @CarmenDeFalco & @Jurko64 that @PearlJam will return to play at Wrigley again - no date set, though.

Hotel booked !!!!

But seriously, I wouldn't miss it. Just to do it again, I'm ready. Wrigley is kind of a magical place. Kinda crappy as well... :) but still magical. And that's coming from a cardinals fan.
  • Options
    I'm ready for a RETURN to Wrigley...
    BUT, I'd rather have a nice weekend run at The Gorge first!!!
    [-O< PLEASE PLAY THE GORGE IN 2015 [-O<
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Loved the concert but being crammed under the bleachers for 2.5 hours was hell. Wish I knew they were letting people leave the park during the delay. Coming back to our seats after the delay was incredible. The air was so calm and cool after being in the 90s the last few days. Hope they will be back soon.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    i had fun
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Was a great trip out there and experience....how about playing some other totally awesome place next '1 off' like that though? I would love to see them there again but think I used that 'once in a lifetime' card to excuse all of the expense for that trip. :) That card is useful!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Our Wrigley experience went like this:
    Thursday July 18th - final little league baseball tournament game at 8:00pm in Lehi, Utah which ended at 10:30pm. Drive to Nephi, Utah to drop off kids with in-laws at 11:30 pm. Drive to SLC, Utah to stay at my folks' house, arrive shortly before 1:00am.
    Friday July 19th - alarm goes off at 4:00am after a short 3-hour nap, depart for SLC airport at 4:30am. Fly out of SLC at 6:00am for Chicago with a brief stop in St. Paul, Minnesota. Arrive in Chicago shortly before noon (holy shit! it's my first time to Chicago). Gather luggage and head for the Blue Line train. Switch to the Brown LIne with a little help from the locals, which gets us to within a couple of blocks from our hotel. Check in, freshen up, have lunch at a great sport's bar-type restaurant (can't remember the name), and head for the Red Line to Wrigleyville. Met some awesome fans on the train ride - packed in like fucking sardines! Arrive in Wrigleyville sometime around 2:00pm and the scene was incredible - fans everywhere, merchandise lines miles long, perspiring like a bastard and looking for a cold beer. Met a dude from North Carolina called Rob that managed to make it to the front of the merch line and score me a Hot Dog poster. Thanks Rob! Mingle some more, drink some more, wander around, and finally the gates open. About 45 mins later (after cramming into the stadium merch line for some PJ shit) we take in the scene....Wrigley about half full and the field set up to go off! Show starts around 8:30pm, and for those of you that were there you know all about what happens between then and.....
    Saturday July 20th - show ends at 2:00am. There are not adequate words to describe the emotions felt during that 5 +/- hour period of time, but the highs and lows related to a single event are probably something I have never experienced before in my life. Despite that, the most incredible time of my life! Finally we hop in line for the Red Line at about 2:30am with about 20,000 other people. Get on the train around 3:00am (again packed in like fucking sardines) and head back towards downtown. Reach our train stop around 3:30 am only to then realize that I have no idea how to find and get back to our hotel. Aimlessly walk the streets of downtown Chicago for about 1/2 hour, until finally bumping into a local that was able to give us perfect directions to our hotel (although at that point we were only about two blocks away). Thanks dude! Roll into bed about 4:00am....only 24 hours after the alarm was going off in SLC.
    I can't believe a year + has passed since that amazing 24 hour period. Wrigley was the second the second show with my wife and now we're anxiously awaiting Denver. This time we'll be on the floor, and while nothing can compare to Wrigley for a lot of reasons, hopefully Denver will be the best show yet!
    PJ Wolf Mountain '94 (rained out...arrrgh!!)
    PJ Salt Lake City '95
    PJ Salt Lake City '09
    EV Las Vegas '12
    PJ Chicago '13
    PJ Denver '14
    TOTD Seattle '16
    PJ Seattle '18
    PJ San Diego '20 (fucking Covid)
    PJ San Diego '22
    PJ Las Vegas '22 (fucking Covid)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited September 2014
    bbison said:

That's interesting!
    I would seriously consider returning for another Wrigley show. I loved Chicago.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    And now....six years later.
    Good times. Great (wet) memories :joy:
    Ready for more live PJ :rock_on: 
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    Hanging out with you in the air-conditioned merch line at the W was a blast too!! :plus_one:

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I've been there 5X - ready for an arena show........
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    edited July 2019
    I've been there 5X - ready for an arena show........
    Yeah, ready for the baseball stadium shows to be done honestly.  Not just PJ.   Doubt they're going away any time soon though.    Saw Billy Joel at Miller Park last month.....great show but the sound really sucked.    
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    derbydave said:
    jjflash said:
    Hanging out with you in the air-conditioned merch line at the W was a blast too!! :plus_one:
    For sure, my friend! Serendipity at it's best :smiley:
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Truly miss the build up to this show.