Options

NEXT UK TOUR??

cookie84cookie84 liverpool Posts: 91
Anyone else wandering if we see another full UK tour again an if so when,,next year?? Or maybe 2016??..think we long overdue likes of Dublin,Belfast,Glasgow,Cardiff,Newcastle,Leeds liverpool,Manchester and London getting show each,,any thoughts? ??

Comments

• Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    Yes please!

Unfortunately this will never happen though (sorry to spoil the dream)!
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    One can dream..last full UK tour was 2000 I believe..
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,706
    The band has evolved since 2000,

Id be happy if they keep doing what they are doing.

the days of doing 25 leg European tours appear over, in favour of bigger venues and less time on the road.

I would think they'll return in what 2 years or so? and would certainly expect Leeds to be back on the agenda with a few nights.

Wouldn't it be awesome to get a 4 night run there like Philly in 2009
  • Options
    Leeds is a certainty that night was amazing
  • Options
    Yeah I think the days of long tours are well over, Having a two night stand somewhere in the middle of England suits me fine. Manchester was great as was Leeds. I would love to see them at the O2 again but I live in London so I'm biased.
    Unfortunately I can't see a Scotland or Ireland show being booked again
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 141
    glasgows got to happen next time,then leeds again and the o2 in London would be my guess.
  • Options

Yeah I think the days of long tours are well over, Having a two night stand somewhere in the middle of England suits me fine. Manchester was great as was Leeds. I would love to see them at the O2 again but I live in London so I'm biased.
    Unfortunately I can't see a Scotland or Ireland show being booked again

yes yes the 02 and leeds would be magnificent next time.

Figure it might be only one with a double nighter but heres to hoping for both......
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I'd expect Dublin to get a show next Euro tour and in terms of the UK, I think Leeds will now replace Manchester as their venue of choice outside London.

'Full' tours are long gone, 12-13 dates in a 3 week run is how Pearl Jam will tour in the future (and have done since 2008). And to be honest that suits me just fine.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    not to be a dick but MK didnt come close to selling out, i dont see why they would add shows in the UK if they cant sell out a 2 show run
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

not to be a dick but MK didnt come close to selling out, i dont see why they would add shows in the UK if they cant sell out a 2 show run

I really wouldn't say that can be taken as a barometer of demand.

MK put a lot of casual fans off, for being a venue generally frowned upon, being so hard to get to and back from without a car, and for the ticket prices.

This is a band that normally sells out arenas in the Uk extremely quickly, I recall the 02 was sold out in a record at the time of 9 minutes. Pretty solid demand.

lets not judge that on the back of an outdoors show that was received as a mini festival type thing.
  • Options
    you have to be realistic about the amount of fans that PJ has. the O2 holds 20,000 and that sold out in 9 mins as Paul says. Thats the hardcore fans and the passing fans trying to get tickets. Now imagine that those same people went for Milton keynes tickets, thats 20,000 sold with another 45,000 left to sell. Lets say another 10,000 missed out on O2 tickets, that still leaves 35,000 tickets to sell for Milton keynes.

There is now way they were ever going to sell out MK which is why I got a ticket a day before for half price. (hohoho)

Leeds would have sold out two nights as i'd say 30/50% would buy tickets for both nights.
    It only holds 13,500 anyway.

two arena shows somewhere in the UK will be the standard from now on. Probably one London and one elsewhere
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    Suppose I'm being greedy asking for liverpool I was at Leeds and mk and despite travel not ideal I'd do it all over again truth be told id go the moon to see them haha..
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Liverpool won't ever be done. Not a chance.

Manchester and Leeds, in particular, have better venues already being used by the band.

I would be happy with one O2 in London gig and another at Leeds.

There's unlikely to be a bigger tour unless it's a farewell one and nobody wants that.
  • Options
    mikehmikeh In my Mersey paradise Posts: 58

I heard from a friend of mine in the business that Liverpool & Glasgow were both on the list to be played this tour until someone talked them into Milton Keynes.

So maybe next time.
    Manchester 2009, Hyde Park 2010, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012, Amsterdam 2012, Amsterdam 2012, Amsterdam 2014, Amsterdam 2014, Berlin 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014
    EV Manchester 2012
  • Options
    Stranger things have happened . was surprised leeds got show until pendulum started an it was all too clear the sound is phenomenal..I live in hope liverpool gets at least We show. .
  • Options
    One show
  • Options
    steve73steve73 Posts: 58
    There's no reason not to come to Glasgow .... The Hydro is a carbon copy of the Leeds arena both were built at roughthly the same time same capacity , layout , great sound ;)
  • Options
    EdLawEdLaw Posts: 194
    Download Festival booker Andy Copping was at Leeds and Milton Keynes, and very enthusiastic on Twitter afterwards. Said if they wanted to do a three hour set at Download, he would 'aim to accommodate them". He tried to get them last year, so I imagine he's trying again.

I hope it happens, purely for the possibility of one or two shows elsewhere... I'm desperate for another fix after MK.
    And I planted my bolo knife in the neck of mad John Finn. I took his wretched life.
    Now I'm over near the bandstand, every hand moving on John Finn's wife...
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    3 nights in Leeds, 2 Wuhlheide, some Spain and I'm a happy man.

Realistically I see 2 in Leeds and pretty much the same as this tour. Though I could see a wee festival tour plus a couple of arenas next year if we're lucky.

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,956
    I think we're looking at 2016 at the earliest. PJ25 weekend somewhere in Europe!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    GLASTONBURY next year ???????????????????? PLEASE
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    I have no desire for them to play Glastonbury and I hope they feel the same.

In fact, I don't want them to play any festivals. Not enough songs.
  • Options
    Etihad and richo arena possibilities if they we're interested in doing more outdoor gigs in England..
  • Options
    Etihad is a piss poor venue for sound.

Would rather they keep things indoor
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    edited July 2014
    pdalowsky said:

Etihad is a piss poor venue for sound.

Would rather they keep things indoor

Yeah I'm pretty much against outdoor shows unless its like Wuhlheide. Up close at MK the sound was excellent and I was kinda surprised. We headed towards the back of the venue for the last couple of songs and the sound wasn't so good there.

Remember watching Bruce at Old Trafford and whilst it was an amazing gig, the sound at times was sketchy - is the problem with the majority of outdoor venues.

2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    why go homewhy go home Posts: 287
    The Glasgow Hydro would be great to see them, it's very similar to Leeds and great sound. Sheffield Arena would be another decent shout
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    EdLaw said:

Download Festival booker Andy Copping was at Leeds and Milton Keynes, and very enthusiastic on Twitter afterwards. Said if they wanted to do a three hour set at Download, he would 'aim to accommodate them". He tried to get them last year, so I imagine he's trying again.

I hope it happens, purely for the possibility of one or two shows elsewhere... I'm desperate for another fix after MK.

Don't festivals usually block other headline gigs? Give me a headline show over a festival any day!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    edited July 2014
    Glasgow Hydro, Leeds Arena and o2 - perfect!

Would love a show in Newcastle, but to be fair our arena's shit! :)
    Post edited by strummers on
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    EdLawEdLaw Posts: 194
    strummers said:

EdLaw said:

Don't festivals usually block other headline gigs? Give me a headline show over a festival any day!
    Some do for sure, yeah. Which is annoying. But they played Isle of Wight plus the Manchester shows, and Hard Rock Calling plus Belfast/Dublin, so festivals don't always block them doing their own thing!
    And I planted my bolo knife in the neck of mad John Finn. I took his wretched life.
    Now I'm over near the bandstand, every hand moving on John Finn's wife...
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 835
    strummers said:

Glasgow Hydro, Leeds Arena and o2 - perfect!

Would love a show in Newcastle, but to be fair our arena's shit! :)

I think all 4 is a fair request!!