Malaysian Plane Possibly Shot Down?

g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
edited July 2014 in A Moving Train
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by g under p on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I'm not sure what would be worse:

A) It was shot down
    or
    B) Malaysian Airlines pilots are just going to start downing planes every few months
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    (I hope it was just a legitimate accident)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    BinFrog said:

I'm not sure what would be worse:

A) It was shot down
    or
    B) Malaysian Airlines pilots are just going to start downing planes every few months

yeah..i was thinking the same
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    They are saying it was shot down by a missile. Not good. This could escalate very quickly.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Unreal. How the fuck do you shoot down a commercial airliner??
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Where the fuck are the authorities on this. People posting pics on Instagram standing on the wreckage? WTF!!!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Where the fuck are the authorities on this. People posting pics on Instagram standing on the wreckage? WTF!!!

Apparently there is wreckage all over the place....this is crazy.
  • Tenzing N.Tenzing N. Posts: 466
    This was not on purpose. The missile was almost certainly directed at something else and it made a mistake. Also, the news is going to get wrapped around the fact that a civilian aircraft was flying in/over a war zone. It's very common to transit a war zone. Generally you wouldn't avoid an area unless there's a specific prohibition against flying in an area. Flights of this duration can't afford to circumnavigate entire countries, too costly in terms of fuel and time.
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532

This was not on purpose. The missile was almost certainly directed at something else and it made a mistake. Also, the news is going to get wrapped around the fact that a civilian aircraft was flying in/over a war zone. It's very common to transit a war zone. Generally you wouldn't avoid an area unless there's a specific prohibition against flying in an area. Flights of this duration can't afford to circumnavigate entire countries, too costly in terms of fuel and time.

How does one make this conclusion already?
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
    I'm sitting in a center surrounded by pilots who have all operated large commercial aircraft and served in multiple military roles over the course of dozens and dozens of years. It's obviously an argument from authority but you'd have to admit that my resources are much more extensive than nothing you are hearing on the news.

I'm sitting in a center surrounded by pilots who have all operated large commercial aircraft and served in multiple military roles over the course of dozens and dozens of years. It's obviously an argument from authority but you'd have to admit that my resources are much more extensive than nothing you are hearing on the news.

Missile for something else? Are missiles just randomly targeting planes in the region?
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    let's see....2 passenger Malaysian jets....ummmmmmm little wired don't ya think ? but one things for sure,there's no hiding this one...

Godfather.
    seems was by missle...now there are some things easy to understand.....this type of missle hit target in that high ,well,a normal army has those..rebels cant have that.
    the airplane wreckage are all over the area..another thing says that was explode on air or hit on air..signal dissapear right away,no sos,no radio problem
    the area was war zone and said lately that they open an air window for commercial flights..
    those shit must stop...more innocent people get killed every fuckin day...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

I'm surrounded by doctors all day, but I'm not going to diagnose you with anything...I don't have the facts and I'm not a doctor.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

Could it be that whoever shot the plane down mistook it for a military plane? If it's true the plane was at 33,000 feet, it would take a large rocket if it was shot down with SAM.
    True but that's a very different and poor analogy. Obviously I have no idea what actually happened but based on the combined knowledge of this group we can make very informed assumptions. If I came in with a bullet hole in my arm could you not diagnose me with a gunshot wound? If my heart had stopped was I poisoned with cyanide or was it much more likely a heart attack?

Missile for something else? Are missiles just randomly targeting planes in the region?
    No, not random but once you let one go you are counting on good initial targeting data and continual good tracking. Assuming this was a shady missile operator using second class missiles it would be very conceivable that the missile failed in some capacity. There is absolutely nothing to gain by downing a random commercial airliner.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'll wait for further information.

Meantime, close to 300 lives...poof.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Do u think they'd find bodies around the country side? I'm always wondering how come u never hear of any bodies being found. Do they all (300 people) just blow up on impact of the missle? I'm seriously asking. Does anybody have any info on other crashes where bodies we're found?
    Yes, they will find most of the bodies. The process of dying as you are falling is not pleasant so you don't hear much about it. More than likely the missile hit one of the engines and the plane broke apart, spilling the people out as it broke up. They will also most likely be naked as you tend to shed clothes coming down. That combined with the carnage means you won't see the people.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

True but that's a very different and poor analogy. Obviously I have no idea what actually happened but based on the combined knowledge of this group we can make very informed assumptions. If I came in with a bullet hole in my arm could you not diagnose me with a gunshot wound? If my heart had stopped was I poisoned with cyanide or was it much more likely a heart attack?

At 33,000 feet how is it that they're going to know that this was a commercial airliner? Al they might know is that a plane of some sort is flying in our zone and that we are conflict situation. They might not have capability to send up military planes to confirm whether or not this was a military plane or commercial one. Either way nearly 300 lives have been snuffed out just like that.

One positive lining to all this, both may take more concerns to possibly bring some PEACE to this ongoing conflict.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    You fon

No, not random but once you let one go you are counting on good initial targeting data and continual good tracking. Assuming this was a shady missile operator using second class missiles it would be very conceivable that the missile failed in some capacity. There is absolutely nothing to gain by downing a random commercial airliner.
    You do not know this.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    I'm no expert on missile systems and operators but I would assume that they could easily infer from altitude, speed, and radar size what type of plane it is.
    no fighting aircraft fly at 33.000..the main reason is not to mess with comercial flights and some other things with the weapon system and randar..forget the mistake ,"they thought was a fighter"
    randar get signal from the heat of the aircrafts,the signal is different from big boing than an f-16..
    badbrains said:

Do u think they'd find bodies around the country side? I'm always wondering how come u never hear of any bodies being found. Do they all (300 people) just blow up on impact of the missle? I'm seriously asking. Does anybody have any info on other crashes where bodies we're found?

when airplanes crash at water. cos of the pressure ..bodies become Plankton,,means nothing left to be found...now an explosion at that 33.000...cos of missle or any other reason,create almost the same thing...usually bodies can found when the crash is on the ground

Or taking down two building in NYC....

Yes, they will find most of the bodies. The process of dying as you are falling is not pleasant so you don't hear much about it. More than likely the missile hit one of the engines and the plane broke apart, spilling the people out as it broke up. They will also most likely be naked as you tend to shed clothes coming down. That combined with the carnage means you won't see the people.

Not to be a jerk, but have you ever died while falling? How are you such an expert on this crash that happened less than two hours ago?
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

One of the passenger's tweeted this before the flight:

It translates to something like "in case it disapears, this is what it looks like"

Peace

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited July 2014
    Strelkov, leader of DNR
    Strelkov confirms, that they shoot the plane. They mistook it for Ukrainian cargo plane. Upd. He removed that post.
    Translation from /u/proterozoic :
    We warned them not to fly in our sky. The birdie fell behind the earth dump, didn't affect inhabited areas. Peaceful civilians were not harmed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bswc4vNIAAAm25j.jpg

Edit: I copied and pasted this from another forum. Apparently a leader of the DNR claimed resposibility for shooting down the plane before realizing that it was a passenger jet. Then removed his post.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388

no fighting aircraft fly at 33.000..the main reason is not to mess with comercial flights and some other things with the weapon system and randar..forget the mistake ,"they thought was a fighter"
    randar get signal from the heat of the aircrafts,the signal is different from big boing than an f-16..

Greetings Dimi. You know if they have to set altitude prior to launch?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG