Stronghold Society's WK4-Directions Skatepark Kickstarter *skateboards are on sale now

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
edited March 2015 in The Porch
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/311033507/stronghold-societys-wk4-directions-skatepark

Completion of the Toby Eagle Bull Memorial WK4-Directions Skatepark for the Lakota youth on Pine Ridge Indian Reservation

Purpose

The skatepark is almost done and we need a final fundraising push to complete the skatepark this year!

Through this Kickstarter program, we are now raising the funds necessary to complete the The WK 4-Directions Toby Eaglebull Memorial Skatepark on the Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota and positively impact the community with a place for the local youth to thrive. The remaining skatepark expansion area is all dirt and the high plains winds are blowing it into the skatepark creating a dust bowl effect and creating unsafe conditions for the skaters.

With your help, we can finish the park and contribute to a shared vision of a vital community skatepark for the Lakota youth. Contribute today so that we can do it!

Upon reaching the $70,000 Kickstarter goal, we'll complete PHASE 2 (illustrated below) of the park and hold a grand opening skate contest and ceremony for skateboarders, families and supporters. Anything above and beyond the goal will go toward our "stretch goal" which is development and completion of PHASE 3, which requires an additional $35,000 or $105,000 in total funding.

$10,000 Epiphone bass signed by the members of Pearl Jam
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So I would donate for the guitar with the following stipulations:
    1. Jeff has to play it in Cincy show while I sing backup onstage for Ed
    2. The guys have to sign it at my house about 30 min north of Cincy, sign some of my PJ albums and stuff, and hang out around my fire pit chillin out
    3. They have to repeatedly give shouts out to me during the Cincy show for the bootleg
    4. Give me and my wife all access passes to the Cincy show

What do you think? Should I add anything else?? \:D/
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

pearljamofficial @StrongholdSociety and Pearl Jam's Vitalogy Foundation are seeking backers to help complete a skatepark in South Dakota. You can make a difference by supporting the area's local youth. Learn more at StrongHoldSociety.org. #PearlJam #PJActivism
    Seriously... Mods have Jeff set this up... :-c
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    bump
    ajb
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/311033507/stronghold-societys-wk4-directions-skatepark/posts/915972

Jeff Ament will Sign the first 10 MONTANA POOL SERVICE DECKS PLEDGED

Hello Backers!

just heard from Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam and he said he would sign the first 10 Montana Pool Service decks pledged at the $150. So one MPS deck has been pledged so far by Marion Heintzman and Marion it will be signed by Jeff!! i am letting all of you know the availability of these boards now before i inform the public tomorrow, so if you really want one, i think they will be pledged up fast!!!!!

thanks everyone for your support! we still have a very long way to go, with about 68,000 more to raise but hopefully we will get a big surge soon!!!!

Thank you!!

jim murphy

Thank you A for the heads up!!! :)
    First 10 skateboards signed by Jeff are taken!!
    edited July 2014
    SWEET B-) for a great cause.....
    Post edited by wpg pearl on
    ajb
    Project Update #3: WE HAVE PLEDGED THRU THE SIGNED MONTANA POOL SERVICE DECKS!!

Backer white For backers only Posted by Jim Murphy Black heart (cards) Like

Hello Everyone!

Wow that was quick! i didnt go public with the signed deck info but looks the the backer crew put out the word and all 10 decks have been pledged for!!! I know Jeff is amped to make this project succeed, so if any other opportunities to get signed stuff comes up, i will let YOU, the BACKER FAMILY, know first!!

Thank you all for supporting this project!!! we can do it!!!

jim murphy

woundedkneeskateboard.net

strongholdsociety.org
    Bump! :)
    to the top.....
    ajb
    12 day's left!!
    BUMP
    ajb
    Project Update #5: 10 days to go!
    Backer white For backers only Posted by Jim Murphy Black

Hey Everyone!

We have raised $ 6026 on our way to our 70,000 goal! We are working night and day spreading the word about this campaign and we appreciate you all taking the time to support us!!!

We are heading out to the PINE RIDGE SKATEPARK next weekend for our annual skate event!

I am hoping by the end of next week we can bring them some good news about our campaign to finish the park!! Together, we can do this!!!!

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Murphy
    7 day's left ..
    bump 6 days left
    ajb
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    This kickstarter campaign isn't doing so well. :-S
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    5 day's left!!
  • RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Damn, 5 decks too late...I know how they could raise a LOT more money.

Ahhhem, JA get that sharpie ready!
  • RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    I would pull the trigger in a heartbeat if he signed all 40 decks.
    bump
    ajb
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    sad to see this not doing well. I applaud those who are trying to make this happen. Jeff could simply fund the entire thing by just opening up his guitar picks from the years including this tour for $100 donations...
    Drop the price on the guitar and I would consider. 10 g is pretty steep. Unless it comes with every known PJ guitar pick, don't think it's gonna sell.
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    PP193448 said:

Drop the price on the guitar and I would consider. 10 g is pretty steep. Unless it comes with every known PJ guitar pick, don't think it's gonna sell.

I actually sent them a note asking what picks it comes with but no response...figured we could all pool our funds, I keep the guitar and spread the picks LOL

24 hours left!!!

PP193448 said:

I actually sent them a note asking what picks it comes with but no response...figured we could all pool our funds, I keep the guitar and spread the picks LOL

How about the guitar travels around the ten club community every year, kinda like winning the Stanley cup. I call 2nd yr after Dave. Let's pool money. So far my $25 and Dave's $5000. We are almost there :-j
    Well, 20 minutes left. This didn't make it. :(
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5770769/#Comment_5770769
    on2legs said:

Skateboard decks created by Jeff's Montana Pool Service for sale for a good cause:
    http://woundedkneeskateboards.net/Site/?p=221

Wounded Knee, Montana Pool Service & Stronghold Society

Montana Pool Service is a skate company created by Jeff Ament, bass player and co-founder of Pearl Jam.

In late 2011, Jeff and Vitalogy Foundation teamed up with Jim Murphy, Mark Hubbard, Walt Pourier (from Stronghold Society), Vans, Wounded Knee Skateboards, The Tony Hawk Foundation and other supporters to join the Pine Ridge community in building a world-class skatepark on the Native American reservation.

Wounded Knee Skateboards worked on a deck with Montana Pool Service to promote and educate about the tribes in the Montana area and ultimately, help in supplying decks to skaters on the reservations. There are two decks in this collaboration available... one is a 9" wide, 16" wheel-base square-tail, the other a 8.25" wide, 14" wheel-base round-tail deck, both with punk points.

Vans made a video with Jeff about his involvement with helping to build skateparks on the Pine Ridge Reservation below. Also, watch Stronghold Society's, "Skate Life On An Indian Reservation"... two of the best videos I've seen about educating, building and working in positivity to build a community of support through skateboarding. Thank You!

http://woundedkneeskateboards.net/Site/?page_id=2