The Leftovers- HBO

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    This show is still fucking crazy. That last scene left me speechless. Can't believe there are only 7 episodes left. Looks like Kevin's dad is going to be a big part of it.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited April 2017
    I'm guessing at the end there that was future Nora...in Australia or somewhere else. Seems like another Depature took place or a much larger "end of the world"event.
    Now we get to see what happened both before this seasons premiere and that ending.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103

I'm guessing at the end there that was future Sarah...in Australia or somewhere else. Seems like another Depature took place or a much larger "end of the world"event.
    Now we get to see what happened both before this seasons premiere and that ending.

Interesting take. I was totally confused.

What happened to Lilly?
    chinese-happy.jpg

I'm guessing at the end there that was future Sarah...in Australia or somewhere else. Seems like another Depature took place or a much larger "end of the world"event.

What happened to Lilly?
    There was a little reference to her I think....that something had happened to her but they didn't go into the details.

What happened to Lilly?
    There was a little reference to her I think....that something had happened to her but they didn't go into the details.
    We dont know what happened to Lilly or her mother, Erika, yet.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Between that and the Wu Tang scene only made me love this show more.
    "The Wu Tang band". That was hilarious.
    This is quirky fantastic TV at its finest.

The opening with the Perfect Strangers theme song was awesome!

That ending was another look into the future. I guess those 4 women have read the Book of Kevin and are looking for him. Somehow they stumbled onto the property of his father. 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse?
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,825
    This show is amazing. I thought Kevin was actually trying to kill himself with the bag but couldn't, and kept trying. They never showed that he stopped every time like he said to Nora. And she's a badass for putting up the picture of the dead tower guy, that was awesome!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj said:

This show is amazing. I thought Kevin was actually trying to kill himself with the bag but couldn't, and kept trying. They never showed that he stopped every time like he said to Nora. And she's a badass for putting up the picture of the dead tower guy, that was awesome!

Thats exactly what he was doing. He's starting to realize that Matt and the others are onto something with thinking he has some "otherworldly" power.
    Will be interesting to see if just Nora and Kevin head to Australia or if others join them.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    you just got the wrong Kevin....oh boy
    the show is beyond epic!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

This is quirky fantastic TV at its finest.

The opening with the Perfect Strangers theme song was awesome!

That ending was another look into the future. I guess those 4 women have read the Book of Kevin and are looking for him. Somehow they stumbled onto the property of his father. 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

if u see ;;ast night episode,connect it so epic why thye got that police dude..just wow
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    I fell asleep a little more than halfway through. Not my favorite episode last night.
    chinese-happy.jpg

I fell asleep a little more than halfway through. Not my favorite episode last night.

Yeah it was ok last night. Felt like a waste of an episode....to not have Kevin or Nora in an episdoe at all when there's only 8 episodes in this final season is kinda silly.

Yeah it was ok last night. Felt like a waste of an episode....to not have Kevin or Nora in an episdoe at all when there's only 8 episodes in this final season is kinda silly.
    They're taking like half the season to set up the final 4 episodes.

You just can't give the people a Nora free episode. Can't do it!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Yeah, I get it and all, but last night wasn't deserving of a full 60 minute episode just to play Memento, or whatever, to come up to the same point as the week before. Nonsense.

Yeah, I get it and all, but last night wasn't deserving of a full 60 minute episode just to play Memento, or whatever, to come up to the same point as the week before. Nonsense.

Yeah. It's one of the few episodes in the entire series that I haven't really liked. Can only imagine all the mind fuckery that will be packed tightly into the second half of the season though. I might just wait till they all air and binge them in one sitting...
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah. It's one of the few episodes in the entire series that I haven't really liked. Can only imagine all the mind fuckery that will be packed tightly into the second half of the season though. I might just wait till they all air and binge them in one sitting...
    From what I've read it sounds like Nora and Kevin do not get to Oz until episode 5, maybe ep 4? And that this season doesn't really get going until 5 episodes in. But who knows - next week's looks pretty good.
    I enjoyed this episode, the acting by S. Glenn was fantastic.
    It helped explain last weeks ending while furthering Kevin Sr's ambitions/beliefs.
    He thinks he's the ONE, and that ladies story at the end and finding him by the cross helped reinstill that belief. Little does he know its actually his son who is the ONE.

He also mentioned seeing the chicken egg in the TV in Perth when he was tripping. I think that was when Kevin Jr was in purgatory and in actuality he saw Kevin thru the TV and was talking with him.
    I really liked the last episode, usually when actors get long monologues I get annoyed (a la walking dead recently). But this time it was awesome. Really set everything up for me. And that horse lady killing the guy over finding one piece of paper that resembled scripture, crazy. So since he can't do the last dance cuz he killed the guy, which was hilarious, looks like the rain is gonna be coming :)

Well,  now that was one fucking good episode.
    Omg......the show can blow your mind...
    "Put up the pic on your phone kevin...this girl is not Yvi..."
    What a fuckin epic show
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
     Great episode! I was wondering how stable Kevin and Nora's relationship actually is/was. It seemed like they were in 2 different head spaces unless they were having sex. This show has done a magnificent job showing the effects of PTSD. Can't wait for next week!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
    That episode went way too quick, it was awesome. Love the twist how he could see her and wasn't crazy, but then was because she wasn't really her. Has Nora hit her breaking point, are they really done? I think they need another season!

Well that episode was very fucking weird last night.
    Indeed - but liked this character episode wayyy better than the Kevin Sr. one - I think Matt/Eccleston is probably the most underrated character/actor on this show.
    anyone knows how to get an invitation or buy a tix for that tazmania - melbourne boat?
    And, ha, no shit - that lion was a thing: http://time.com/3990606/frasier-the-lion/
    Indeed - but liked this character episode wayyy better than the Kevin Sr. one - I think Matt/Eccleston is probably the most underrated character/actor on this show.

Agreed....much more entertaining standalone episode than the other one.  It just feels like a waste to have these type of episodes when they only have 8 episodes for this final season.  Can't believe there's only 3 left.