The Leftovers- HBO

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720

Another killer episode. Saw some of that coming, but definitely not all of it.

Oh man. It's hard for me to go to sleep on Sunday nights after watching this show. My wife and I were both just sitting there speechless at the end of last night's episode. Fucking crazy.

Haha, that's funny, me and the soon-to-be-wife did the same. I'm pretty sure we were both white knuckled at the end and I just let out a "......fuck." Then immediately fast-forwarded to the end for a preview of next week. Of course that didn't give any leads....damnit.

Apparently, I think no one out of those in this thread watches this show and there's a good chance it won't be renewed for a 3rd season. Which would be a shame.
    Yeah I think i just said "what the fuck?!?!?" and then sat there for about 5 mins.

Yeah it doesn't look like it gets the best ratings. But the nice part about it being on HBO is that ratings don't seem to matter too much....critics love it and the show seems to have some buzz which may bode well for it's future.

I love how they used the piano and regular version of "Where is my mind?" again. This show uses music perfectly.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

Another killer episode. Saw some of that coming, but definitely not all of it.

Oh man. It's hard for me to go to sleep on Sunday nights after watching this show. My wife and I were both just sitting there speechless at the end of last night's episode. Fucking crazy.

As far as Sunday's concerned, I'd rather fall asleep with TL on rather than the Walking fucking Dead. #socreepy
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited November 2015
    Wow..fuck..what happen!!!!crazy shit!!!!omg
    Thank god im at sa and tour and i can forget it somehow
    Damn..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Well that was interesting. Reminded me of The Sopranos when Tony was shot and they did the weird dream story.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Yeah, now I have to believe in the afterlife and demons and all that shit now to go along with the story.

Other than that, still a really good episode.
    I've loved everything this show has done, but that was a bit much for me last night. They only have 10 episodes per season and they waste an entire episode with that nonsense last night? Like someone else said, reminded me way too much of those ridiculous dream sequences with Tony on the Sopranos.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931

Yeah, now I have to believe in the afterlife and demons and all that shit now to go along with the story.

The whole show is based on a rapture like departure...there has been a supernatural element the entire time.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

The whole show is based on a rapture like departure...there has been a supernatural element the entire time.
    But the beauty of it was that it wasn't about whether it was or wasn't a religious action. It was about the people, they're own beliefs (or lack thereof )and how they dealt with it after the fact.

Now I gotta go along with the possibility of Nora being a demon, Kevin rising from the dead. Most of the appeal was in never knowing if the departure was a God-like creation. To me it never needed to be explained, and now it has.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    Am maybe 3 episodes into season 2 now, and I really like where the second season is going so far. Definitely into more of the supernatural element (but agree that there has been that element all along, and not just because of the departure itself. The psychological shit and the 6th sense kind of shit happening to some of the characters, Kevin's dad's voices, the weird animal behaviour, etc, has been an obvious suggestion that something supernatural is happening from the very beginning of the show.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited November 2015
    Well, that was..... something. Alls I know is next week's episode better be 90 minutes because I have no idea how they're going to fit the last 3 weeks into one 60 minute finale.

Well, that was..... something. Alls I know is next week's episode better be 90 minutes because I have no idea how they're going to fit the last 3 weeks into one 60 minute finale.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. They have a LOT of stuff to cover in the finale. Really looking forward to it.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. They have a LOT of stuff to cover in the finale. Really looking forward to it.
    I think the Finale is 1 hour & 15 minutes.
    This show is fuckin great
    Lets see how will end this season.anyome knows if they renew for season 3?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

I hope for the best and expect the worst - not always, but for this show. I think no one outside of this thread is watching this show, so that makes me pessimistic. But the critic reviews are high. I'm leaning towards it getting cancelled, but hoping HBO doesn't give an F. Or Netflix picks it up.

Since Deadwood no HBO show would bum me out more for being cancelled too soon.

I hope for the best and expect the worst - not always, but for this show. I think no one outside of this thread is watching this show, so that makes me pessimistic. But the critic reviews are high. I'm leaning towards it getting cancelled, but hoping HBO doesn't give an F. Or Netflix picks it up.

Since Deadwood no HBO show would bum me out more for being cancelled too soon.
    Yeah, I really hope they bring this back. HBO has to love how much the critics praise this show every week. If they do cancel it, I could definitely see it going somewhere else since HBO doesn't actually own this show....pretty sure it's a Warner Bros. show.

Also, can't wait for that show Vinyl to start that they have been hyping big time. No way that show will be bad.
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Liv Tyler? #amazing
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Loved the finale. The final scene with everyone sitting in the house waiting for Kevin was really cool. This has to come back for a 3rd season. Been reading about this all morning....

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-the-leftovers-wraps-an-all-time-classic-season-with-i-live-here-now

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/damon-lindelof-on-the-leftovers-im-fighting-for-the-life-of-the-show#commentslink
    by frikkin far the best show in tv now...unreal...EPIC!!!!!!
    AND WHERE IS MY MIND PIANO VERSION... ROCKS!!!!

Loved the finale. The final scene with everyone sitting in the house waiting for Kevin was really cool. This has to come back for a 3rd season. Been reading about this all morning....

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-the-leftovers-wraps-an-all-time-classic-season-with-i-live-here-now

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/damon-lindelof-on-the-leftovers-im-fighting-for-the-life-of-the-show#commentslink

Yeah, all I've been doing is reading anything Leftovers-related today. Definitely sounds like this could be the end of the show, which would suck. But the show could stand on its own if it did in fact end here.

Great finale, and all of what's been going on at least let's me know that I don't have to be be confirmed/believe of the supernatural/religious aspects. I can continue believing one thing and one thing only - you're given one life, you'll see just as much tragedy in it as good, and how are you going to deal with it all, how are you going to justify your existence? Not to get too meta about the whole thing, but I'm thinking that's the point...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    Wow, things took kind of a sharp left turn in S2 E7!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

Yeah, all I've been doing is reading anything Leftovers-related today. Definitely sounds like this could be the end of the show, which would suck. But the show could stand on its own if it did in fact end here.

Great finale, and all of what's been going on at least let's me know that I don't have to be be confirmed/believe of the supernatural/religious aspects. I can continue believing one thing and one thing only - you're given one life, you'll see just as much tragedy in it as good, and how are you going to deal with it all, how are you going to justify your existence? Not to get too meta about the whole thing, but I'm thinking that's the point...
    Yeah man, I was reading all sorts of stuff yesterday too and having some really deep thoughts about my existence..ha. Had some crazy ass dreams on Sunday night too after watching this.

Sounds like we'll find out pretty soon if this is coming back or not. Hopefully the ratings went up for the finale...
    Awesome.

On a related note - this is also awesome: http://renewtheleftovers.com/
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Still gotta find time for season 2...
    chinese-happy.jpg

You should do that now, right now.

Yep. Right fucking now!

Yep. Right fucking now!
    Now??should do it yesterday already!!!