The Leftovers- HBO

Comments

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

The opening of episode 5 was absolutly brutal, seriously......

That scene has been in my mind at least twice a day since I watched it on Sunday. Chilling for sure.
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,830

That scene has been in my mind at least twice a day since I watched it on Sunday. Chilling for sure.
    Yeah, it was probably a bit more graphic than it needed to be, in my opinion. I'm not sure I really wanted a visual to go with the horrific stories of real life stonings that happen in the middle east.

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited August 2014

Yeah, it was probably a bit more graphic than it needed to be, in my opinion. I'm not sure I really wanted a visual to go with the horrific stories of real life stonings that happen in the middle east.

I've seen a lot of gory videos, real and fake but this is only the second time something has actually had a lasting effect on me. The other would have to be when my dumbass thought I should watch the old Budd Dwyer video(which was real).The only two gory things I've seen that I won't take another look at. Anyways, off topic. This show seems to actually be getting stronger. The phone call was creepy too with the ATF agent and then the processing center.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    true,the police chief is great acting..same as Amy Brenneman..she is so great
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

Yeah agreed, Justin Theroux is really impressive in it.

Yeah, he has been really good. Didn't know much about him except that he dates Jennifer Aniston and he wrote the movie Tropic Thunder.
    bout that?
    didnt know that.
    Yeah. He also wrote Iron Man 2 and Rock of Ages. This dude definitely has some range.
    Don't forget his academy award worthy roll as the Irish Mobster in Charlie's Angels 2.Dude had sick fighting skills and had been hitting the abs pretty hard prior to filming.

true,the police chief is great acting..same as Amy Brenneman..she is so great

She looks like she always stinks of smoke. I kinda wanted to rip the whistle out of her mouth.

Truly one of the most disturbing scenes Ive scene in a show.When a film maker can get that kind of emotional response from what they put on film,good or bad subject matter then that is strong well done directing/writing.The kind of powerful shit that wins Emmys.I have a very high tolerance for this kinda gore,but I even had to grimace and hold my hand up in my view line.
    ""Will i forget them??
    Never....."

How stronge was that one...
    So great episode...love this show
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,830
    rr165892 said:

Yeah agreed, Justin Theroux is really impressive in it.

Yeah, he has been really good. Didn't know much about him except that he dates Jennifer Aniston and he wrote the movie Tropic Thunder.
    bout that?
    didnt know that.
    Yeah. He also wrote Iron Man 2 and Rock of Ages. This dude definitely has some range.
    Don't forget his academy award worthy roll as the Irish Mobster in Charlie's Angels 2.Dude had sick fighting skills and had been hitting the abs pretty hard prior to filming.
    Haha! His Irish accent was pretty appalling in that as I remember! He was in American Psycho too.

This show is EPIC...Love it

So what are you thinking? Wayne is like the devil trying to plant his seed? The guilty remnant are the good? The dogs are the hounds of hell? Just throwing some thoughts out. They mentioned Wayne having political influence of senators or something early on. Trying to use the government to exterminate the good people?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720

So what are you thinking? Wayne is like the devil trying to plant his seed? The guilty remnant are the good? The dogs are the hounds of hell? Just throwing some thoughts out. They mentioned Wayne having political influence of senators or something early on. Trying to use the government to exterminate the good people?
    I think Wayne is just a fraud who is taking advantage of people in their vulnerable state....and he really likes Asian chicks.

Kevin and Nora together definitely won't end well....those 2 are both a complete mess.

Surprised that they haven't announced a 2nd season for this show yet...usually HBO does that pretty quick after a show premieres if they are going to bring it back.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Big fan of this show so far.

Agreed it's a little too depressing at times, though.

Problems with it so far are that 1) I think because of the not-so-stellar ratings this show's gonna end up getting yanked and will become a gigantic waste of time watching it. 2) This thing is by the dude who did Lost right? Or something? Never was a fan of that show, and from what I gathered the dude just made shit up and didn't give any explanations/closure to his made-up shit. I do not want this to happen.

I think the idea of this show is amazing, but I better not end up with some 'John from Cincinatti' piece of shit.

I think Wayne is just a fraud who is taking advantage of people in their vulnerable state....and he really likes Asian chicks.

Kevin and Nora together definitely won't end well....those 2 are both a complete mess.

Surprised that they haven't announced a 2nd season for this show yet...usually HBO does that pretty quick after a show premieres if they are going to bring it back.
    So what about the phone call with the government agent who offers to send a few vans to exterminate the "infestation"? The "processing" center with all the bodies clearly shows an organized effort to eliminate the GR right?

Big fan of this show so far.

Agreed it's a little too depressing at times, though.

Problems with it so far are that 1) I think because of the not-so-stellar ratings this show's gonna end up getting yanked and will become a gigantic waste of time watching it. 2) This thing is by the dude who did Lost right? Or something? Never was a fan of that show, and from what I gathered the dude just made shit up and didn't give any explanations/closure to his made-up shit. I do not want this to happen.

I think the idea of this show is amazing, but I better not end up with some 'John from Cincinatti' piece of shit.

I forgot about that train wreck of a show. I hope that doesn't happen again.

So what about the phone call with the government agent who offers to send a few vans to exterminate the "infestation"? The "processing" center with all the bodies clearly shows an organized effort to eliminate the GR right?
    Yeah, that phone call with the government agent and him offering to take care of the GR was pretty interesting.

I think the guy that went to Wayne's ranch in the first episode just happened to be a politician. I dont remember any mention of Wayne having political influence, but I definitely could be wrong. I took it as you have to be pretty wealthy just to see Wayne. Who knows....only 3 episodes left this season.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    Just started watching and am only 2 episodes in, so am not reading this thread. But so far so good. I do kind of wish it wasn't set in such a small town, but other than that, seems like a pretty interesting show. I saw a snippet of an interview with the creator, and he said something like he was hoping that viewers would soon start focusing on the characters instead of wtf happened to all the people.... But good luck with that idea. I am going to be PISSED if we never find out! :P

From only 2 episodes in, and this must have already been talked about, but anyway, I think the animals are coming back from wherever the people went (kind of obvious I think), which definitely makes the show more intriguing. Looking forward to finding out why the dog hunter seems to know more than everyone else.

I find the little cult kind of annoying. I hope they get less annoying soon.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    what the hell is the significance of the National Geographic magazine ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Interesting this week that both the Father and Son got bit/cut in the same area of the hand and both broke a cell phone. Coincidence or not?
    Also, what is going on with the Father when he blacks out..is it just from the medication or is something else going on here?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

Interesting this week that both the Father and Son got bit/cut in the same area of the hand and both broke a cell phone. Coincidence or not?
    Also, what is going on with the Father when he blacks out..is it just from the medication or is something else going on here?

I think the chief and the daughters friend may have had a moment.
    Is the dog outside and the bear on the mag symbolic?
    btw,that fuck sceen was hot
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Just watched the movie Heat, forgot Amy Brenneman was in that one.
    The show keeps getting better..fuck yeah episode.. wow
    Looks like they will be dressing up those clone dolls of the missing and planting them in homes next week.
    Man, this show is fucking wild.

Memorial Day looks like it's going to be a mess.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    i'm a couple behind...just saw the one that featured nora in new york. great acting yet again. i love her character.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    edited August 2014

Looks like they will be dressing up those clone dolls of the missing and planting them in homes next week.

I thought that, and that they are almost prepping for a mass suicide type deal as well. Something so they are remembered.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...