Options

The Strain on FX

2»

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Yeah, I read all the books between seasons. Couldn't wait.

And then I missed last night's episode! Gah!

At any rate, if the series follows the overall plot of the books -- and it's deviated quite a bit on smaller stuff so far -- this will quite possibly be the most nihilistic series aired on television since The Sarah Connor Chronicles. (Hope it doesn't come to a similar end.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    dankind said:

Yeah, I read all the books between seasons. Couldn't wait.

And then I missed last night's episode! Gah!

At any rate, if the series follows the overall plot of the books -- and it's deviated quite a bit on smaller stuff so far -- this will quite possibly be the most nihilistic series aired on television since The Sarah Connor Chronicles. (Hope it doesn't come to a similar end.)

I did not care for the third book at all!
  • Options
    Yeah, it was so slow and very poorly written. Given its length and general suckiness vs. the other two, I think the editor was just on cruise control for that one.

I did like the second book, though.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Agreed on all counts!
  • Options
    Maybe I shouldn't have read the books.

I'm focused on all the deviations now instead of just watching the damn show (e.g., Dutch does not exist in the books, so Fet did not get a "swim lesson" from her). Also, the medical experiments on the old couple never happened in the books, nor did any attempts to find a vaccine for the worm virus, as far as I can recall anyway. Although there is a cool parallel at work here with the Nazi doctors' medical experiments.

I do like how they've visually presented the feelers, too. That was a particularly creepy thing in the books, and it remains so.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    The benefit of having read the books so long ago is that I forget a lot of the small details, although it is funny you mentioned Dutch not being in the books as when I was watching Sunday's episode I was thinking how I didn't remember her (other than the internet hacking, which I think happened in the books) or her and Fet hooking up.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    dankind said:

Maybe I shouldn't have read the books.

I'm focused on all the deviations now instead of just watching the damn show (e.g., Dutch does not exist in the books, so Fet did not get a "swim lesson" from her)

-Swim Lesson- lmao

I've not read any of the books so its all new to me.

• Options
    So, season finale thoughts? Quite the departure from the books, I guess that explains Dutch's presence in the show as well...