Cincy is subbing for MSG this tour. Bring on the rarities!

DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
Since Cincy is the gig most NY Metro PJ fans will attend due to its proximity to the East; let's hope we get some b sides and deep cuts as opposed to a "Shake the dust off/ play the Old Reliable songs" type of gig. Driving 9 hours from NJ. Anything they choose to play will be great; but hoping for some surprises. :) Andrew

Comments

• The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    You are damn right! Let's do it boys. Bust our Just A Girl, All Those Yesterday, Around the Bend, Strangest Tribe (again) and songs like that.
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Ed calls songs that are played often and are very well known/loved "Tent Poles" because they hold up the show and form it's foundation. The Cincy crowd will appreciate a "No Tent Poles" gig which would also challenge the band. I say the Euro tour could be the run up to this type of gig. Imagine a PJ gig with no well known / radio staple songs ; but still a killer show. Not many bands could attempt such a feat, This one could. The question is will they? Cincy awaits.....
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Being the first show of the tour won't help this cause, but it's a cause that I fully support (as I will be there)!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    I have been a club member since 1991 and this will be my 30th show. I usually only hit one show per tour. This will be it for me. Unless we got some NYC area shows ......
  • spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Driving in from New Jersey, too ... just seeing this show and Detroit this time around. They will be rested...as we all know, anything could happen! BREATH! and, of course, in Detroit...it is time, you KNOW it's time for this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtA7Uw57XbE
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I completely support this thread...
    Also see the **BLACK, RED (wings), YELLOW in Detroit** thread,
    the other show many East coast fans are hitting this fall!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• jmsjms Posts: 243
    I'm coming up from Tennessee with my brother and we usually have pretty good luck with the rare songs.
    I figure since the fall tour is not technically "The Lightning Bolt" tour we have a much better shot at getting a "No Tent Poles" type of set. If we look back , the tours that were not to launch an album have always been when the deeper cuts/ rare tracks have surfaced. That keeps the band on their toes and rewards the serious fans who see the band regardless of if there is a new release. Add to the equation the " Evening with Pearl Jam" phenomenon with possible 3 hour sets and you have the blueprint for Cincy to be an amazing evening.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    Drdeal said:

I figure since the fall tour is not technically "The Lightning Bolt" tour we have a much better shot at getting a "No Tent Poles" type of set. If we look back , the tours that were not to launch an album have always been when the deeper cuts/ rare tracks have surfaced. That keeps the band on their toes and rewards the serious fans who see the band regardless of if there is a new release. Add to the equation the " Evening with Pearl Jam" phenomenon with possible 3 hour sets and you have the blueprint for Cincy to be an amazing evening.

The Euro tour wasn't really a LB tour either. No more than 4-5 LB songs per night.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited July 2014
    sorry, the "no requests" show of Detroit and "tiny" Moline show, will yield an unknown wealth of riches never seen before
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527
    I say give Porch and RVM a break every now on then.
  • SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Hoping to find tickets to this show. Maybe they could give "Evolution" a break also. Ed seems to strain to try & hit some of those notes. Save that voice for the last encore
    Scott A. Setser
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    last time around was a fairly rarities filled show:

The Kids Are Alright
    Main Set
    Long Road
    Save You
    Hail Hail
    World Wide Suicide
    Severed Hand
    Corduroy
    Unemployable
    Even Flow
    Love Boat Captain
    Gone
    Green Disease
    Not for You
    Present Tense
    Lukin
    Whipping
    Do the Evolution
    Life Wasted
    Encore:
    Wishlist
    Better Man
    Inside Job
    Crazy Mary
    Rearviewmirror
    Encore 2:
    Comatose
    Leash
    Alive
    Baba O'Riley
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,470
    They will always show Cinci some love due to the cancelled show back in 03
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,781
    Good luck! I tried to fit this one into my schedule but could not. I would've been there if it was a Saturday night show.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• alizmializmi Baltimore...MD Posts: 196
    Give me an Army Reserve or a Sleight Of Hand and Id be happy with anything else they play!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,274
    I hope you get your wish Andrew ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    got 2 TM Nosebleeds for sale below face for this show.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Closest city on the tour to NYC: Cincinnati...oh, and Detroit. See you at both shows my Friends!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!