Options

Amazing Pearl Jam Milton Keyes Poster Artist Edition (Brad Klausen) on Sale Details - MLB/Andy Wood

Comments

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Spags said:

I grabbed Version A earlier too, not had an email confirmation though so unless the money comes out I guess the Internet gods hate me today.

I would email him. He said in the email he sent out that if you don't get a confirmation email to contact him to get it straightened out.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    How much is international shipping (to the UK) from Artillery? I don't seem to be able to find out before hitting confirm on the order page once I've entered payment details....
  • Options
    Wow, just got back from obligations all morning, disappointed that my wife said these sold out- and she had login difficulty. So glad to be able to buy a version "B" just now!!! We were at Seattle 2013 and it was her first time hearing the songs together, by PJ, and she is a huge MLB fan... she was wearing one of their old tour shirts at the show actually. This is so special, and Brad, your email you sent out explaining the background behind the art really jolted me, and changed the entire direction of my day yesterday. In fact, I still can't stop thinking about it. So can't wait for that poster tube to show up and get it in a frame, over the record player. Maybe the MK boot and a couple bottles of red for Ed and Andy to celebrate everything that's happened to all of us that will get us to that moment.

Thanks, Brad. Cheers!
    I don't want to think, I wanna feel....

2.5.95 Seattle
    9.16.96 Seattle
    7.18.98 Portland
    7.21.98 Seattle
    7.22.98 Seattle
    10.30.99 Mountain View, CA
    10.31.99 Mountain View, CA
    5.10.00 Bellingham, WA
    11.2.00 Portland, WA
    11.3.00 Boise, ID
    11.5.00 Seattle, WA
    11.6.00 Seattle, WA
    10.22.21 Seattle, WA
    9.1.05 George, WA
    7.6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    7.22.06 George, WA
    7.23.06 George, WA
    6.28.08 Mansfield, MA
    9.21.09 Seattle, WA
    9.22.09 Seattle, WA
    11.29.13 Portland, OR
    12.6.13 Seattle, WA
    8.8.18 Seattle, WA
    8.10.18 Seattle,WA
  • Options
    And now it's sold out. Holy shit.
    I don't want to think, I wanna feel....

2.5.95 Seattle
    9.16.96 Seattle
    7.18.98 Portland
    7.21.98 Seattle
    7.22.98 Seattle
    10.30.99 Mountain View, CA
    10.31.99 Mountain View, CA
    5.10.00 Bellingham, WA
    11.2.00 Portland, WA
    11.3.00 Boise, ID
    11.5.00 Seattle, WA
    11.6.00 Seattle, WA
    10.22.21 Seattle, WA
    9.1.05 George, WA
    7.6.06 Las Vegas, NV
    7.22.06 George, WA
    7.23.06 George, WA
    6.28.08 Mansfield, MA
    9.21.09 Seattle, WA
    9.22.09 Seattle, WA
    11.29.13 Portland, OR
    12.6.13 Seattle, WA
    8.8.18 Seattle, WA
    8.10.18 Seattle,WA
  • Options
    OK I realise I was just being dumb and found the international shipping price.....and I just scored version b. I could have just saved the hassle and bought one yesterday at the show, but didn't get a detailed look at it.
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363

How much is international shipping (to the UK) from Artillery? I don't seem to be able to find out before hitting confirm on the order page once I've entered payment details....

i think it's like $18.20...maybe... right around $20
  • Options

i think it's like $18.20...maybe... right around $20
    Thanks for that, just ordered one :)
  • Options
    CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147

"Thanks so much for this poster and taking the time to respond.

Could I be so bold as to ask why you chose to put Andy and Chloe on a poster for the Milton Keynes gig? Did you know the band were going to play Chloe Dancer and Crown of Thorns before hand, or were they inspired by your poster? Have I missed some significance with the date?

For me the song being played and the poster have made the night beyond my wildest dreams special, and I am searching for an answer to the question as to whether I got to experience it by pure cosmic chance or because there is a reason that I'm unaware of.

If there is a reason that I'm unaware of, and it needs to remain that way, that's cool."

---------------------------------------------

that was the date i was given... no significance to milton keyes, would have done the same design for any date I was given... I had no idea they'd play it but was hopeful upon seeing the poster they'd be inspired to... makes me wonder if the believe you me snippet afterwards was inspired by the poster as that was one of ed's songs from before pj and would tie into the message of the design... but I don't know if the poster had any influence on that.

After doing pj posters for 10 years, I am finding it more interesting to do posters based off songs...i've done it before in the past, but I've come to realize I find it more fulfilling to try and make something directly related to the band... it's great if you can tie in some design element to the city and make the design something specific to the people who live in that city,.. but as time has gone by and I've done many pj posters, the song based designs are something I feel more compelled to try and create...it's made it more fun to sit down and try and encapsulate the message and music of a song.

the chloe/crown reference though is so much more then just referencing a song...

plus any time I do a design based off a song, it's like a fun little experiment to see if the band will then play that song... doesn't always work though... didn't work with Insignificance in LA... and with Pendulum for Worcester, I had no idea that would become a regular show opener, so it's tough to say if that poster influenced their decision to play it.... it's basically my way of requesting a song from far away and months in advance.... some fans hold up signs at shows, so it's like my sign asking for a song...

Thank you so very much. I can't express the impact your poster, and the song being played, has made, and given the context of the origins of your piece, that is in keeping with your intentions.

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Options
    BK was the top dog when I first was exposed to the poster/art print scene. Even though I really like some of Munk's stuff, my three framed PJ posters are all BK. I have been cursed with terrible prints for my last few shows, but good to see BK hit a home run with this one. I also really like his QOTSA prints from this year.
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    jervin007 said:

BK was the top dog when I first was exposed to the poster/art print scene. Even though I really like some of Munk's stuff, my three framed PJ posters are all BK. I have been cursed with terrible prints for my last few shows, but good to see BK hit a home run with this one. I also really like his QOTSA prints from this year.

Yeah I think PJ fans are just high on the fact that there's way more artists doing posters these days. My prediction is that in a few years you'll see threads saying "please start using BK more often again!" Cus no one else is pumping out such a consistent amount of awesome stuff.
  • Options
    dogmattdogmatt Posts: 99
    checked the site..saw a version B still for sale and jumped on it. Awesome print!!
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,409
    BK is still my favorite as well...only ever seen a couple of his that I would call duds...

Wish he'd do more Philadelphia Posters.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Ames need to get website tips from Brad

word
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    JV130312 said:

BK is still my favorite as well...only ever seen a couple of his that I would call duds...

careful... Brad is watching you. /:)
  • Options
    edited July 2014

JV130312 said:

lol...if he's a true artist, he'd agree... ;)

But seriously...almost all of his stuff is spot on...and not only for Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    JV130312 said:

JV130312 said:

But seriously...almost all of his stuff is spot on...and not only for Pearl Jam.
    i COMPLETELY agree with you. just fuckin around with that post... Brad is an amazing artist, and his prints are consistently my favorite amongst the offerings. remember the EV '09 rocket?? @-) my favorite for a few reasons.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,926
    jervin007 said:

Spags said:

I grabbed Version A earlier too, not had an email confirmation though so unless the money comes out I guess the Internet gods hate me today.

I would email him. He said in the email he sent out that if you don't get a confirmation email to contact him to get it straightened out.
    Thanks, just emailed him so will keep my fingers crossed.

How long before the money comes out, or has it shown up on your account already - in which case I'd say I'm out of luck?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,744
    Shipping was only $12.95 to Canada. That's awesome!!!! :)
  • Options
    Spags said:

jervin007 said:

Spags said:

Thanks, just emailed him so will keep my fingers crossed.

How long before the money comes out, or has it shown up on your account already - in which case I'd say I'm out of luck?
    I have a pending charge right now

PJ:

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,926
    Oh well, I guess I'll use the money to frame up some posters instead.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,442
    I got a order confirmation but not charged yet. Anyone else?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,744
    DavidD said:

If you received an order confirmation # email, you should be fine.
  • Options
    Spags said:

Oh well, I guess I'll use the money to frame up some posters instead.

Hopefully it all works out. There is always the 10club sale down the road if you ended up missing out
    PJ:

• Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,442
    demetrios said:

DavidD said:

If you received an order confirmation # email, you should be fine.
    Thats what i figured. I'll have to see this week i guess.
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    This is the most beautiful concert poster I have ever seen, both the sentiment and the artistry...amazing! The stars aligned for this one, particularly the first encore. I went to the top of the bowl half way through the first set, right over on Mike's side where it was very chilled. Just wanted to look down and soak it in. The sun set on one side, behind the stage, and a full moon shone bright on the other.... did it just happen that way?
    Thank you Brad!
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    one of the best thing i ever read..thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Thank you Brad. As soon as I saw the poster at the show I knew I wanted it and after I had bought it and read the back I wished I could have bought two to frame both sides as they were both beautiful.

Also thank you for the song request. I hoped it would mean we would get Chloe/Crown and felt blessed when it happened,
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    I bought the poster before the show, liked it straight away, the other two did not "click" with me at all. I did not notice it is Andy at the time when I was getting it, I did not have time to read what it says on the back, only after the show we realised it actually is Andy, we've noticed the book title, we read what's on the back... Then the next day, on my way to the airport I read Brad's email and it all just made sense to me even more. The fact PJ played Chloe/Crown, and it was my first time hearing it live, makes the poster even more special and now every time I look at it I have all those thoughts in my head, the memories of the song and the "How did we get here" reflections.

Beautiful work, absolutely amazing, it is definitely my favourite poster from all posters I have, and one of the most favourite of all time. Thank you so much Brad.

This could actually be my tour poster. I also bought Amsterdam 1, which I really like, but after the tour, after the shows I attended, with all the memories, moments, things I would never imagine gonna happen... Brad's poster just fits perfectly with all that.
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options

JV130312 said:

JV130312 said:

i COMPLETELY agree with you. just fuckin around with that post... Brad is an amazing artist, and his prints are consistently my favorite amongst the offerings. remember the EV '09 rocket?? @-) my favorite for a few reasons.
    Definitely my favorite of the bunch that has done Pearl Jam prints. If I had to pick one artist, he'd be the one to do it.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    LOVE this poster and bummed I wasnt glued to the forum this weekend; tend to wander away on Sat/Sun.
    Really cool explanation as well, thanks for sharing!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved